• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2016 Poo,,,,,,,,hmmm, that's it?

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Hmm?

If I remember correctly I had a 12 and a 13 Pro that had 4 year warranties also. Both were fully transferable to the next owner.... And my 15 has a 4 year warranty.... It is comforting to a point.

Not too worried about the engine...

Last edited:

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
A warranty does help with costs but not with downtime. That to me is a bigger worry than actually getting it paid for as I buy new every year or two anyway.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
A warranty does help with costs but not with downtime. That to me is a bigger worry than actually getting it paid for as I buy new every year or two anyway.

Buy 2 or 3 if the cost isn't an issue... That should keep at least one good one in the stable. lol

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

I had an engine go down Feb 2014.

Took it in on Monday, missed one weekend of riding (luck would have it that I wasn't riding that weekend anyway). Had it back within 10 days.

No big whoop for me.

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Scoot

I think we are spoiled by having GREAT dealers around us, might explain why there isn't as many issues either.

I broke a shock and lower A arm came apart this year, old Mike had it warrantied and fixed by the next weekend......

That's EARNING business right there.......

You know where I'm snowchecking this year....

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
Talked to my dealer and he pointed out that the tunnel is painted not powder coated / and explained the 2 year ( power train warranty) vs the 4 year extended warranty-- Just a heads up and check what you getting vs what you thought was in black and white.. Just saying...

The online build gets expensive on paper when it's really not- MSRP is not what I am buying at as a starting point- as I have purchased every year from this multi brand dealer.
I have NOT checked yet.. but doing so before the April deadline now that I really know what's on the internet and what the dealer can / will offer ( Like tossing in ice scratchers and the such as a way of saying thanks)

I really didn't want /need the $9,999.99 extra belt anyway that was posted on the Polaris build on the internet.. LOL

S/C

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
painted tunnel

Cool.... My 99 700 RMK had a black painted tunnel, that took long enough to come back around....

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Talked to my dealer and he pointed out that the tunnel is painted not powder coated / and explained the 2 year ( power train warranty) vs the 4 year extended warranty-- Just a heads up and check what you getting vs what you thought was in black and white.. Just saying...

The online build gets expensive on paper when it's really not- MSRP is not what I am buying at as a starting point- as I have purchased every year from this multi brand dealer.
I have NOT checked yet.. but doing so before the April deadline now that I really know what's on the internet and what the dealer can / will offer ( Like tossing in ice scratchers and the such as a way of saying thanks)

I really didn't want /need the $9,999.99 extra belt anyway that was posted on the Polaris build on the internet.. LOL

S/C

Can you share what he said about the warranty?

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT

S/C

I'm pretty sure you dealer is wrong..... it says powder coated tunnel, painted rails and spindles.

attachment.jpg

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
powder coat would be sweet. it says painted on the build page? if its paint i would go black everywhere possible so the rattle can touch up will match well.

on the 99rmk painted tunnel comment, i remember reading SW mag. back when the 99 summitX h.o. was the hype. 3lbs off they said by not painting the tunnel iirc. its funny how the brands all follow suite for a while.

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT
powder coat would be sweet. it says painted on the build page? if its paint i would go black everywhere possible so the rattle can touch up will match well.

on the 99rmk painted tunnel comment, i remember reading SW mag. back when the 99 summitX h.o. was the hype. 3lbs off they said by not painting the tunnel iirc. its funny how the brands all follow suite for a while.

you are correct, it does say painted on the build sheet.......i wonder which is correct (the build sheet or the thing Scott sent us)??

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
you are correct, it does say painted on the build sheet.......i wonder which is correct (the build sheet or the thing Scott sent us)??

And you never know, three pounds of powder coat (if it's that) might keep 15lbs of ice from building up.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota

There has been a lot of errors/glitches on the Polaris site that they have been slowly fixing. I think it is safe to say the tunnel will be powder coated and everything else painted.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
It's my understanding that the rails and spindles are painted.
Everything else is powder coat.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
There's like 3 threads with people worried to death about paint vs powdercoat - is this really going to affect anyone's riding experience substantially?

I have no idea if my tunnel on my 2015 is painted or powdercoated - but I do know it's not holding back my riding LOL.

Premium Features