• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2024 Boost Expert Ride Report (The new and improved aluminum "lighter" weight boat anchor)

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
That is what i hear. Have not ridden a 24 yet. My 23 is runnin pretty good even roosted your truck on Saturday. Don't worry was not tracking up your zone as was taking my 6 yo grandson for his first ride. He had a blast even though his hands kept getting cold, No windshields on these sleds compared to when my son started gets those little ones cold pretty quick. Sled going in Thursday for bedwetter turbo oil pump replace, Would be cool if they could do 24 flash but I doubt they can. Out of warranty now so may explore map options. at least oil pump is covered as was under warranty but no parts.
I can't believe nobody has the balls to follow our tracks. 50+ jacked up short boxes with wrapped sleds in the Snopark yet we didn't see a soul all day. I don't know where all these guys ride 🤷🏻‍♂️

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
This^^

Dealer has no control over it anymore.
Which is weird, because the consumer doesn't have control over this either.

Makes it extra weird when you have no right to repair, and the dealer can't provide the necessary proprietary updates.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I get that, but any idea why Polaris wouldn’t make it available? Was there some physical change to the ‘24’s that allow them to run this map?
SMF would know more than me. I just ride my junk. I don't know the mechanical ins and outs. If it breaks I just go buy new junk. 😆 As far as I know there aren't any physical changes between the 23 and 24. The 23 and 22 are different but they run the same map from what I've been told.

EZ-LYNK

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 9, 2019
This^^

Dealer has no control over it anymore.

You can use EZ LYNK Auto Agent to flash a 24 calibration into previous years. It's in our 22 Boost right now. Reach out to Carl's Cycle or Speedwerx they can get you calibrations, stock or otherwise.

S
Feb 6, 2008
I bought a holdover 23 boost and was less than impressed, did the vohk pg tune and their clutching and am super impressed with the throttle response in the trees with a good amount more power. Sorry I didn’t check track speeds before and after. It honestly runs better and more crisp everywhere. Made the sled feel lighter if that makes any sense. Trying the 300lx next, just waiting for it to show up 👍

ryang85

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2020
Oregon/Norcal
The Boost is definitely a lot more work to ride and Ive switched back and forth a few times in different conditions. My buddy rides a 146 9R with the 2.6 track, I have a 155 Boost with the 2.75, both 2024 khaos. When the snow is crusty or crappy we both can ride 9R without breaking a sweat nomater what the terrain. It wheelies without effort but hooks up just enough and has the track speed to get around in the steep trees. The other day we were riding somewhat tight old growth and we both agreed the boost sucks on the crusty snow and just holding and edge was harder while the 9r just cruised through it no problem. Everytime we switched the guy on the boost would be nearly winded while the guy on the 9r wouldnt even be working. When the snow gets above the knees the boost does circles around the short track 9r with half the effort and I prefer the fun factor even just messing around on flats and smaller hills when it gets crazy deep like we had a few weeks ago. The Boost can bowtie and re entry in a crazier fashion but the snow has to be good otherwise it gets ugly for novice rider like me.
For low elevation riding in Oregon at 5k to 7k and the typical cascade concrete the 9R is hard to beat.
When I ride Tahoe area and have to make some bigger climbs up at 8 to 10k in elevation to get out of nasty zones the boost makes me glad I took it over the 9R though. The Boost feels almost indentical at 5k as 10k while the 9R definitely looses a good amount of its kick. The only thing im starting to regret getting the 2.75 track if the 3.25 handles decently on the crappy west coast snow we have.

My buddy and I both agree the only solution is to stop being broke and each have a 146 9R and a 155 boost. Who needs to buy a house anyways.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
The Boost is definitely a lot more work to ride and Ive switched back and forth a few times in different conditions. My buddy rides a 146 9R with the 2.6 track, I have a 155 Boost with the 2.75, both 2024 khaos. When the snow is crusty or crappy we both can ride 9R without breaking a sweat nomater what the terrain. It wheelies without effort but hooks up just enough and has the track speed to get around in the steep trees. The other day we were riding somewhat tight old growth and we both agreed the boost sucks on the crusty snow and just holding and edge was harder while the 9r just cruised through it no problem. Everytime we switched the guy on the boost would be nearly winded while the guy on the 9r wouldnt even be working. When the snow gets above the knees the boost does circles around the short track 9r with half the effort and I prefer the fun factor even just messing around on flats and smaller hills when it gets crazy deep like we had a few weeks ago. The Boost can bowtie and re entry in a crazier fashion but the snow has to be good otherwise it gets ugly for novice rider like me.
For low elevation riding in Oregon at 5k to 7k and the typical cascade concrete the 9R is hard to beat.
When I ride Tahoe area and have to make some bigger climbs up at 8 to 10k in elevation to get out of nasty zones the boost makes me glad I took it over the 9R though. The Boost feels almost indentical at 5k as 10k while the 9R definitely looses a good amount of its kick. The only thing im starting to regret getting the 2.75 track if the 3.25 handles decently on the crappy west coast snow we have.

My buddy and I both agree the only solution is to stop being broke and each have a 146 9R and a 155 boost. Who needs to buy a house anyways.
Get the 300lx track for your Boost. It's the most affordable option and will change the sled significantly for the better. The 2.75 is garbage in any kind of conditions.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
isn't the calibration update to address runability issues and false codes polaris relased in November for the '23 boost the '24 update?
i have heard from very reliable sources that it is

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Spent last Thursday on my 24’ boost 155 3.25 and Friday on my 23’ 9R 155 300lx, polaris race tune, and about 45lbs off the sled (about 380lbs dry). Rode the exact same area both days. Love the crisp bottom end on the 9R, it’s super light and fun, but still missed the power of the boost at 10,000 feet. Personally if I could only have one sled, 24’ boost all the way, it’s really good sled.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Lot of info here, but I’m still wondering….
If I shave and polish my head, does that get me into the 3%?
Or do I need to be videoed in a hole so vast it causes Kanedog concern?

Premium Features