• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck 21 / thoughts and who's doing what?????????

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Seems like peeps can dial down the wheelie-nes om a stock khaos pretty good.
I would buy the long one and cut the tunnel vs. buying a short one and stretch..

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Any specific reason why?

I would buy short and stretch for the ability to pick which track i want?
(Take off 155 tracks and rails sell like hot cakes)
(Until the series 8 is proven reliable)

So far I haven’t found anything I like better than the PC 3”

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
We came up with the same thing. 155 Khaos. In powder, a big wheelie monster. Stuck alot!! He is doing some mods to help keep the nose down. Will see how that works out. AXYS sleds did not have this issue. The deep powder was outragiously fun though!

Approach angle wrong on front for climbing and deep pow. Drill new holes and lift front torque arm up in tunnel. That would help fix the wheelie disaster and trenching monster.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Any specific reason why?

I would buy short and stretch for the ability to pick which track i want?
(Take off 155 tracks and rails sell like hot cakes)
(Until the series 8 is proven reliable)

So far I haven’t found anything I like better than the PC 3”
Just simplicity if you want a short tunnel khaos. Of course, if you're set on a different track (perhaps with different drivers) and iceage rails then that argument goes out the window.
But otherwise; buy the long one, cut the tunnel and you're done. Gearing and all.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
I'm thinking pretty hard on snow checking refined sled and motor. Give the new chasis a year to sort out any problems. 3.5 pitch track has me thinking new.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Or......I guess just snowcheck a 165 / Khaos and ride the damn thing as is and say screw it. LOL

I tend to upgrade every two years, and I'm guessing in two years, Ol' Polaris will finally have a short tunnel.

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Anybody pull the trigger and make it official yet?????????

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Or......I guess just snowcheck a 165 / Khaos and ride the damn thing as is and say screw it. LOL

I tend to upgrade every two years, and I'm guessing in two years, Ol' Polaris will finally have a short tunnel.

I think they will have the shorter tunnel for their 2022s. They may need to adjust the cooling system since they got rid of the 2.6 track and have gone to a 2.75 lug??

pinko

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wembley, AB
I ordered a 165 Khaos. Red/Grey combo. Pricing was decent from my dealer as they are really motivated to move lots of snow checks so they don't get stuck with in-season models they don't want.
You're gonna love it. Rode a 163 Khaos this weekend and it makes my '19 850 feel like a slouch

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Midwest Summit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Commerce Township, MI
Has anyone heard if Polaris will extend snow check past April 15th due to everything being shut down because of the coruna virus? Used anything sales seems to have significantly slowed, I need to sell current sled before I snowcheck new one.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Has anyone heard if Polaris will extend snow check past April 15th due to everything being shut down because of the coruna virus? Used anything sales seems to have significantly slowed, I need to sell current sled before I snowcheck new one.

not to be providing unsolicited advice and all.

But........ if you can’t afford the deposit to snowcheck without selling your current sled you might want to rethink Snowchecking.
:cool:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
who says you even have to tell the wife about the snowcheck?

My wife heard about mine when I brought it home in the crate.

Just train them, so they are use to it !!! LOL

I have mine trained for a new sled every two years, so when I happen to wait until the third year on occasion........then she's even happy about the whole thing !! LOL

In fact, I need to get over to the dealer and give them a deposit, it's been two years !!

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
When do they usually put out the new parts catalog?? I want to know what that 52t lower QD2 gear and belt cost..

Premium Features