• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck 21 / thoughts and who's doing what?????????

ENDO1

Premium Member
Apr 6, 2008
Central WA State
Fuel mileage on an 18 pro with 3" track and chain drive was no where near what a pro with the 2.6 and belt drive could get , with the QD2 they are saying a 10% reduction in gear ratio, Will that cause poor fuel mileage? Hate packing gas.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Anyone have some good pictures of the gas tank area on the matryx chassis sleds? I want to see how its 5" skinnier then the current sled.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
Anyone on here see/ feel the series 8 track lugs? Was hoping it would be a stiffer lug track.

P
Jun 24, 2013
I’m worried those footloops don’t look as easy to remove. Hope the mtn chassis will be different. Where is the 146 pro or khaos? People have done it and general consensus is awesome. Doesn’t seem too hard for them to just manufacture a shorter pro. The sks 146 doesn’t cut it

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Interesting,

Just curious, do we have anyone fast on the trigger and already checked one?!?!?!

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Love the skinnier tank . . . BUT
No tether??!!
And those #@&$ footloops look even tighter!!?? You gotta be kidding me!
If the guy who designs these would actually ride, and get his foot caught in those just one time, his eyes would be opened.

Rant over . . . for now :)

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Last week we had a guy sprain his ankle because of the tight toe loops. I’m surprised that Polaris hasn’t addressed a number of the easy fixes that were addressed in the All I Want For Christmas thread. Unless if addressing them opens them up to lawsuits, because changing something might be admitting it was dangerous?

D
Nov 28, 2010
Why can't polaris get all the crappy running 850's dialed in first before they open up a can of worms on the 650 bet that fuel mapping is going to be a disaster just like the 19 and 20 850's and all dumb ass reflashes that don't do ****
Seems like every 850 fuel map from 19 and 20 are all over the place some run good some run like **** hang throttle bog hesitation foul plugs Det sensor kicking in all the time temp sensor a mess zip ties too tight head bolts not torqued right list just goes on and on
Would NEVER order another 850 and definitely would NEVER snow check a 650
Good luck to all who jump off the deep end
And I am a Polaris faith full for 30 years
Spend a ton of money on a sled and it runs half ass entire season
Dealer no help they just open a case and send u home w sled in same shape as u dropped it off or worse
come on Polaris Get it right !!!!!!!!!!

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Why can't polaris get all the crappy running 850's dialed in first before they open up a can of worms on the 650 bet that fuel mapping is going to be a disaster just like the 19 and 20 850's and all dumb ass reflashes that don't do ****
Seems like every 850 fuel map from 19 and 20 are all over the place some run good some run like **** hang throttle bog hesitation foul plugs Det sensor kicking in all the time temp sensor a mess zip ties too tight head bolts not torqued right list just goes on and on
Dealer no help they just open a case and send u home w sled in same shape as u dropped it off or worse
Owning a Polaris is like owning a Turbo. You just don't do it unless you have 2 sleds. If you can only afford 1 sled go buy a Ski Doo. ?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Owning a Polaris is like owning a Turbo. You just don't do it unless you have 2 sleds. If you can only afford 1 sled go buy a Ski Doo. ?

Or if you're really cheap, an old Polaris 600 or 700. By old, I mean keep going back until you see carbs (because "old," "Polaris," and "EFI" combined don't add up to cheap or reliable). In five years, if you put away the money you save, you can pay cash for a new one. Just don't get married, or build a house, and if you do both, see you when the kids are grown!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
If you use my motto and buy high and sell low you never get stuck with anything. Then you can buy a good running sled.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Well, met with the dealer and still trying to decide between the 165 Khaos and leaving it or doing a 155 Khaos and stretching it.... I'm leaning towards just doing an all black 165, add some mods, wrap it, ride it and maybe.......shorten up the tunnel later?!?!? That way I get a true fair comparison of the new track and new gearing before doing anything else.

On a side note.....not a fan of the Khaos graphics but not a huge deal, just rip'em off and wrap it!!

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
My thoughts on khaos set up snow is good sled 3 feet of powder it is nothing but a trencher. Riding one a couple of weeks ago in deep snow I would never buy one.

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
My thoughts on khaos set up snow is good sled 3 feet of powder it is nothing but a trencher. Riding one a couple of weeks ago in deep snow I would never buy one.
We came up with the same thing. 155 Khaos. In powder, a big wheelie monster. Stuck alot!! He is doing some mods to help keep the nose down. Will see how that works out. AXYS sleds did not have this issue. The deep powder was outragiously fun though!

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Seems like peeps can dial down the wheelie-nes om a stock khaos pretty good.
I would buy the long one and cut the tunnel vs. buying a short one and stretch..

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

Premium Features