• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck 21 / thoughts and who's doing what?????????

E
Oct 22, 2009
NY
Just train them, so they are use to it !!! LOL

I have mine trained for a new sled every two years, so when I happen to wait until the third year on occasion........then she's even happy about the whole thing !! LOL

In fact, I need to get over to the dealer and give them a deposit, it's been two years !!

The only questions I got last year were: "Can you afford it?" Followed by "What about my sled?". Needless to say she is onboard, but after buying two new sleds last season I will not be Snow Checking anything this Spring...

Sierra G-Force

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2017
Has anyone heard if Polaris will extend snow check past April 15th due to everything being shut down because of the coruna virus? Used anything sales seems to have significantly slowed, I need to sell current sled before I snowcheck new one.
NEWS HEADLINE from MarketWatch today says: Polaris to suspend production at 5 US plants as it prepares for demand to be down significantly due to Corona. That includes 2 plants in Minnesota. Where are the sleds made?

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Email from Poo says production down one week at this time. Sleds assembled in MN. Said full speed ahead for 2021, support your local dealer.

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
I snowchecked a 2020 pro RMK 155 and paid through Sheffield at 4%. $913 total finance cost over 3 years

My question is the 2 year of lost warranty coverage worth $913?

I am snowchecking the same sled in Black Pearl 850

Not sure which financing to choose. Usually on the auto programs I think it’s list price?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
You have to decide that. If you have something go wrong you'll wish you had it. If you don't you'll wish you didn't. They sell warranties on everything and they make money on it. A big factor is how long you are going to keep it and whether you are going to mod it. Another is how many miles you put on.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay guys,

It's official !!!!

Snochecked a Khaos 165 / 2.75, black on black on black with a custom wrap in the works!!

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
With regard to picking which option to go with for warranty and financing, that really is depend on each person and their plans and their personal situation.

Some of the main things that come to mind include,

How long are you keeping the sled, or how often do you upgrade?
How many miles do you typically ride in a season?
Any aftermarket accessories that void warranty (turbo)?
Do you need to finance, if so how long?

I guess for myself, I'll be going with the 4 year warranty and 0% for 12 months. I typically upgrade every two years and I think having that transferable warranty is definitely a plus for the next owner.

I guess in the end, it's just nice to see different options available to the customer!!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I say buy the warranty you need or want. Don't buy it for someone else. That is like putting seat covers on and saving the seat for someone else. I buy high and sell low. Works like a charm for selling stuff.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
What was the reasons for a khaos over the pro rmk?

Honestly with all the hype and talk about the Khaos, I just wanted to see for mysel!! I ran a 2012 Assault for two years and I actually did like some of the characteristics of that, which are some of the things people talk about with the Khaos. The "pop" or "liveliness" are words I would describe the Assault back in 2012 and 2013, and I miss some of that. I've had three Pro RMK"s since the Assault and they all have been great, no complaints but it's time for a change up.

I think the fun factor as several describe will be interesting and obviously a guy can really tweak suspension to personalize it to the way you like. "If" for some reason I find myself missing the the super controlled and preciseness of the RMK, then I know I can always makes some changes and presto you're back on an RMK. Really when you think about it, it's pretty awesome that we have these kind of choices available to us!!!

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
I decided to go with KHAOS 165 quickdrive2 and red front, everything else black. Red in the brochure does it no justice.. used to the bright red but this one is growing on me..

Nice!!!

On a side note for those guys interested in the new Khaos red and the new Khaos blue, I did contact ArcticFX and they do plan on having colors to match these two new Polaris colors.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
4 good reasons.
Shocks.

Otherwise resale.

Oh yeah that was a big part of it too, I really want to try these shocks out. Last three sleds have had Raptors on them, so it's awesome to see a shock like these Velocity's direct from the factory!

Midwest Summit

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Commerce Township, MI
Just sold my 15 RMK Pro, planning to check a Khaos 165 Q2 in all black with yellow rails, spindles and ski loops and a customer wrap later to spice up a little. What bums me out is the additional $2,500 I need to spend to make it they way I really want it, bumpers, lightweight can, tunnel pack, extra Q drive and clutch belts, heated brake lever, clutch kit. Probably go 2 year warranty since do most my own repairs anyway. Waiting on any engine performance or turbo until second or third year (if needed at all).

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Coming off an excellent season on a 19 174 AXYS I ordered the 165 Khaos for 2 reasons. 1. shock package, 2. series 8 track. I hope that the 165 is playful but not out of control. If it is out of control I will install one of the suspension couplers that we make. It should let me dial in the right amount of playfulness I can accept.

Premium Features