• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Can we get a update from Bret Rasmussen Please

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Hey Guys, always interesting threads! Brett is a great guy and don't worry I will hit him up at Hay Days for some info. He is an interesting guy and like I say, and it is even more interesting to know his switch from Arctic Cat to Ski-Doo, all I will say is just like if you were to switch jobs, there are many considerations over a long period of time and money is not always the driving factor. Some will understand this and some will make up good stories...that is the fun of it I guess.:face-icon-small-hap

Maybe put a list of questions you might like to ask Brett and I will put something together at Hay Days. It is always interesting to me what the pro-riders have to say about stuff, it is really to get the word out to what is happening or coming out soon, and hopefully that inspires you to get on a demo and try the machine for yourself. This way you decide if the machine is right for you. Ski-Doo has the best demo program out there and it cost a pretty penny, and it is free, so get out on one and have fun!

I take care of the entry to intermediate riders and I had the pleasure of testing the 2014 Freeride, awesome sled but as my vids and blog post say it is not my favourite sled. I have had a 2011-2012-2014 freeride in my arsenal and I have always found the summit better suited and designed for my riding style, narrow front end, lighter, and feels lighter and more manoeuvrable, does not mean I did not like the Freeride it is just back to back I prefer the Summit. So were not all just blowin smoke:face-icon-small-sho

Summer has been awesome but looking forward to getting in the deep, like all of you!! Been doing lots of moto, trials and Kite Surfing, put some fun stuff below, so enjoy the rest of summer!:peace:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Went riding with a buddy who has the beta 300 a few days ago... got me thinking about you Dave! Pretty sure that's my next bike. I like the KTM, but that beta is just a little more put together feeling... tighter. thinking about getting a new bike ALMOST makes me think I'm not ready for winter yet!! ;) (almost)

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Summer has been awesome but looking forward to getting in the deep, like all of you!! Been doing lots of moto, trials and Kite Surfing, put some fun stuff below, so enjoy the rest of summer!:peace:

Man..... you got the life Dave!! You still have to take me out on one of your trials bikes! Looks like a good combination of my mountain bike and my dirt bike.

Two things I HAVE to try by the end of 2013! Trials and a snowbike! I can see both in my future.

S

snengineer

Nov 26, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Hey Guys, always interesting threads! Brett is a great guy and don't worry I will hit him up at Hay Days for some info. He is an interesting guy and like I say, and it is even more interesting to know his switch from Arctic Cat to Ski-Doo, all I will say is just like if you were to switch jobs, there are many considerations over a long period of time and money is not always the driving factor. Some will understand this and some will make up good stories...that is the fun of it I guess.:face-icon-small-hap

Well most of the questions people have are not going to get answered directly because its not in his best interest. Look we all would like to go out and tell people off without restrain and do what we want, but it doesn't work that way. You have to keep your options open if you want to have open doors in the future. You never know what the future will bring. There are several prominent people who think they are exceptions to this rule and look how things are going for them lately...(Micheal Jordan, Tiger Woods, ARod, Lance Armstrong i.e).

I'm not saying Brett is waiting for an opportunity to go back to Cat but I personally like to see these "Pros" switch it up brand wise. We all get to head over heals on brand loyalty and that really doesn't matter. The best is always changing and the best will always stand out.

So Norona ask Brett this for me please.
1- What is the best track length/lug height for boondocking?
2- What is the single most significant innovation to mtn riding since 1980?
3- What is missing from mtn sleds today and needs to be implemented in the future.

(if he mentions boondocker turbo with any of these three questions then dont bother)

RobertTrivanovic

Lifetime Membership
Nov 8, 2012
Abbotsford BC
Went riding with a buddy who has the beta 300 a few days ago... got me thinking about you Dave! Pretty sure that's my next bike. I like the KTM, but that beta is just a little more put together feeling... tighter. thinking about getting a new bike ALMOST makes me think I'm not ready for winter yet!! ;) (almost)

I think this heat is starting to mess with your head...

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I think this heat is starting to mess with your head...

Hey... go easy man! I said ALMOST (twice!):face-icon-small-hap

This was my lunch break a couple hours ago... can't ride sleds at lunch from my door, so bikes are pretty cool :D (my house is behind the mtn I'm looking at in the first pic, I sure wish I could ride sleds without having to load up & deal with all the hassles!)
1174849_10200554699732042_1127684902_n.jpg

1148893_10200554698852020_29060033_n.jpg

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com

KTM is the leader right now and would not try to sway anyone as the KTM product is awesome, what I love about the beta is quicker turning over the KTM and a better motor at low and mid range, sometimes I think I am on a four stroke the power is so good! But it is light so I know I am on a 2 stroked. The KTM revs higher but 95% of us don't ride trails in 4-5-6th gear pinned! The beta is a real fun bike, I have the 250 since I am a pint sized human!

Summit seeker, yes u do! And yes I now have an interest in snowbikes and would love a cr500 or a KTM 525 anything smaller and u run out of power, the other thing is tanks are small and it is the only time I have ever had a 450 pinned all day!! However I like to ski and the ideal conditions s for snow bike are the same as skiing, after few days of roopin the skiing is stellar! Looks like we just got a new house in Squamish so i will be closer to all riding but we will arrange a time at ioco in the next few weeks!!

Will get those questions to Bret and as I always say, to the people that say athletes lie are dishonest about the products they use or won't say the truth, I usually just say to them, that is the way u might be, but it does not say how they are, usually what u think is how you are not how some one else is, anyone who thought lance was clean or anyone in the tour is knows nothing to begin with the sport of cycl

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com

KTM is the leader right now and would not try to sway anyone as the KTM product is awesome, what I love about the beta is quicker turning over the KTM and a better motor at low and mid range, sometimes I think I am on a four stroke the power is so good! But it is light so I know I am on a 2 stroked. The KTM revs higher but 95% of us don't ride trails in 4-5-6th gear pinned! The beta is a real fun bike, I have the 250 since I am a pint sized human!

Summit seeker, yes u do! And yes I now have an interest in snowbikes and would love a cr500 or a KTM 525 anything smaller and u run out of power, the other thing is tanks are small and it is the only time I have ever had a 450 pinned all day!! However I like to ski and the ideal conditions s for snow bike are the same as skiing, after few days of roopin the skiing is stellar! Looks like we just got a new house in Squamish so i will be closer to all riding but we will arrange a time at ioco in the next few weeks!!

Will get those questions to Bret and as I always say, to the people that say athletes lie are dishonest about the products they use or won't say the truth, I usually just say to them, that is the way u might be, but it does not say how they are, usually what u think is how you are not how some one else is, anyone who thought lance was clean or anyone in the tour is knows nothing to begin with the sport of cycling in Europe to begin with, cheating on ur wife has nothing to do with your sport either, easy to judge the best but turn the table on ur self before u judge others is all I have to say, but that ain't too fun is it!

I have laugh at Arod though and the sport of baseball, basket ball and hockey where guys are never tested and they think cycling is the dirty sport , many people would be very surprised if they started testing other sport!

Well time to go riding, hope everyone enjoys the rest of summer we have had 2 months with only one day of rain

D

deaner

Nov 26, 2007
Creston, BC
Ok here are my questions for Brett if you could pass them along

1. What is that smell that all old people seem to have? Why do they all smell the same?
2. What is the best thing to do with my hands and feet when I am riding?
3. Which kind of bear is the best?

Thats it for now. Ill put up a separate post if I have any more questions.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
Ok here are my questions for Brett if you could pass them along

1. What is that smell that all old people seem to have?

where is you nose shoved..??

Why do they all smell the same?

because your nose is shoved in the same place..??

2. What is the best thing to do with my hands and feet when I am riding?

shove them in boots and gloves

3. Which kind of bear is the best?

the one travelling in the opposite direction that you are...

Thats it for now. Ill put up a separate post if I have any more questions.

roflmao

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I came across this thread simply because it's the only thread that keeps getting posted on everyday. I would be interested to see what Brett or Dave have to say in terms of mods, but too many people are putting too much emphasis on what 'the experts' think.

Everytime you call up or see a 'expert' the first thing out of their mouth is a question. And not just one, but a multitude of questions...about you, and your riding style, and your terrain, your elevation, etc etc.

They don't care what works for them as much as they want to tailor something for you.

If some kinda of similarities can be drawn, then they use their personal experience. Otherwise it is all about 'What you NEED out of a sled" and not "This is what I did to mine"

I understand the want for some reading material on what works well for Brett, but unless you can drawn some similarities between him, his sled, his riding style, and the terrain he rides, not much of what we has done to his sled is going to apply.

Again, this post is not for those that are looking for bathroom reading material. But for those that hang off of every word these 'experts' say. And don't tell me you aren't around...cuz I've seen too many people looking for low seats, small risers, turbos, etc etc etc just because some dude said it was the tits.

Settle down and use some common sense. Make a decision based on your preferences, not someone else's.

Now if you weigh 140lbs and ride like Brett....fill yer boots.....

Too bad I won't be at Haydays this year to chew the fat with Dave and Brett again this year. Last year was an absolute blast!

Somehow I can't find the pic of me and Dave, but here's my buddy Shawn and Dave at Haydays last year.

P1020984.jpg

Last edited:

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I came across this thread simply because it's the only thread that keeps getting posted on everyday. I would be interested to see what Brett or Dave have to say in terms of mods, but too many people are putting too much emphasis on what 'the experts' think.

Everytime you call up or see a 'expert' the first thing out of their mouth is a question. And not just one, but a multitude of questions...about you, and your riding style, and your terrain, your elevation, etc etc.

They don't care what works for them as much as they want to tailor something for you.

If some kinda of similarities can be drawn, then they use their personal experience. Otherwise it is all about 'What you NEED out of a sled" and not "This is what I did to mine"

I understand the want for some reading material on what works well for Brett, but unless you can drawn some similarities between him, his sled, his riding style, and the terrain he rides, not much of what we has done to his sled is going to apply.

Again, this post is not for those that are looking for bathroom reading material. But for those that hang off of every word these 'experts' say. And don't tell me you aren't around...cuz I've seen too many people looking for low seats, small risers, turbos, etc etc etc just because some dude said it was the tits.

Settle down and use some common sense. Make a decision based on your preferences, not someone else's.

Now if you weigh 140lbs and ride like Brett....fill yer boots.....

Too bad I won't be at Haydays this year to chew the fat with Dave and Brett again this year. Last year was an absolute blast!

Somehow I can't find the pic of me and Dave, but here's my buddy Shawn and Dave at Haydays last year.

Very well said! I am the stock rider, guys often ask me in a private message what Really have I done to my sled, the truth is I am the majority of riders out there, I wanna ride not tinker! I ride or sled ski most days and to me I want a pull and go sled, the more u do the more you have up keep the sled maintainance as well as the aftermarket stuff this takes time and I would rather ride than fix or try different stuff, I could have a turbo, big bore clutching etc but that is being done by experts on here who produce it, and u can ask their expertise and they are very helpful, but I don't need that and it is important to remember that the majority of riders have full time jobs , a family and a house to share their time so to have to tinker before each weekend ride would suck. The xm is a wicked pull and go sled, fun to ride and easy to maintain! Of course for the guys who want and need it all then well u can't be surprised that u are the testers forest of it, it is amazing how fast aftermarket stuff comes out now, and how good it is first time, I work with gopro too and when the hero 3 came out , it was awesome but it did have a few glitches, some guys complained big time but you have to remember when ur buying newest technology there might be bugs, I worked around mine and now after to easy computer updates that were free my gopro is dialled, same goes with aftermarket.

The ski doo engineers are pretty brilliant, they don't want u to tell them what u need, they want to know why you need something, a few years ago everyone we saying they need the xp to sidekick better, like the competition, so they went to work and now with the xm you want to sidehill all day, why do u need a turbo, big bore etc, there are certainly guys who need them, mostly for elevation but other than that it is just to keep up to the jones's! There was an awesome thread where guy was talking about how he went back from a turbo to stock xm, and he said the first day he missed the hit, but after a few days he enjoyed pushing the limits in the same way with the stock power and he wa riding more and having just as much fun and a lot less maintainance!

This past year Brett set up his guiding sleds like his, this was a huge mistake and he was asked to put them back to stock, does not matter what sled you if it is set up to not suit u it will suck!! Thatnis why sleds, dirt bikes etc come set up somewhere in the middle, it takes time to know ur preference for how and where u ride, then u write it down and when u buy a new sled u can work with ur dealer on set up from the get go.

My job and what I like to do is to remind everyone that life is short so don't wait for stuff to come to you, get out and enjoy it, how ever u like it and the products I represent are the best for me, after all I choose all of them, I have worked with over fifty companies in my career and many for the entirety and I am proud of that, I show off new products and talk about why u like and use them, it is totally up to u to decide if they are worth your hard earned dollars and or will work for you.
I will be at )Hay Days, Washington, Utah
Idaho and Saskatchewan shows and some othe fun stuff before winter begins, just bought a house too so I will be pinning it before winter as I am gutting the whole thing and it will be right in Squish son2 minutes to the deep stuff, yahoo!!!

Thanks for posting the photo, Hays Days is a blast and can't wait to be back!!

Premium Features