• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 New Changes for Yamaha?

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Ya ok...I raced a super chute 1100 with my low booster turbo pro at 4 lbs boost and it didn't go good for any of the 275 horses that were running in that race.
They don't compare to a Yamaha.

Drivetrain I completely agree, exhibit A the belt issue on some of them.

Not to highjack this thread, or defend brands of any kind, I rode a TApex for 4 years, but just for some clarification there is no Super Chute 275 kit. That is a Big Chute, which is the stock turbo recartridged with a bigger compressor. Not sure if you were talking about my buddy Evan's 1100 that you tried to get to work last year. I know all the BC kits in canada so I'd be interested to know who's that was.

Just like any brand when not running correctly there isn't much to compare or brag about. I ride with t-nitros too, they run great. There are also plenty of great running Evo kits out there and a BC275 kit is every bit as good powerwise as any 270 kit on a Nitro I seen or rode. Most just find the chassis easier to ride. I know I did that's why I snow checked one before I became a partner in a dealership.

I have done over 30 Evo kits in Western Canada this year. One of my SC290 customers just got back from Revy with his group of 270, 290, 310, and Nypex buddies. His doesn't have a belt problem. Did have some chain jumping on the last day thou. His group were all very impressed with power, power delivery, and lack of lag that we all live with on an MCX. I had one, I know. His buddies probably aren't going to come on here and rave about the Cat they rode with lol. I believe they ran into Duke one of the days. My Cat buddy hasn't rode in 2 years due to some medical issues and last rode an XP so by his admission he's a little out of riding shape.

As a side note both Julio and Trennis from Thunderstruck are both riding 1100's with BC275 kits and love them, other than Julio's belt, but we believe we have the solution for that. There's a couple guys that have some seat time on the Yami. Won't be any hiding sub par performance on film.

Again, sorry for the highjack, just felt a fair shake was in order. I'm not a brand guy, I'm a 4s guy. I personally am exicited about what might be colaborating between these two companies.

Last edited:
K

Kibbels

Dec 8, 2007
Red Deer, AB
Well as for the Hi-jack from WKM... I have yet to run into an AC that hung a licken on me. As for your Apex that u compare too that I believe was an ex RS sled is abit of a different beast as for your comparison. Now if u take a Nytro MCX with some motor work, 19T ... Ummm yes they spool very fast IMO. But you take a Apex like Duke or NM:wave::wave: bye bye SC.

Question is.... If yamaha and AC enter into shared technologies I don't think the AC 1100 motor will be around for long... As the New Yamee motors will replace on the 4S front. Why I think this is as if my memory serves me correct AC patented forward 4S exhaust c/w Turbo which AC utilized MCX to design turbo system for the 660 engine in 2002 release. This will allow Yamaha to have forward exiting exhaust... With a factory turbo. And AC could utilize Yamaha's 2 stroke direct technologies.... AC has a long way to go to compete with Yamaha on 4s.. I follow WSB and MotoGP... Have u heard of M1:scared:!! 240 bhp naturally aspirated Cross-plane 4.... Now that is cool. Check it out.

These r just my thoughts:face-icon-small-con

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Well as for the Hi-jack from WKM... I have yet to run into an AC that hung a licken on me. As for your Apex that u compare too that I believe was an ex RS sled is abit of a different beast as for your comparison. Now if u take a Nytro MCX with some motor work, 19T ... Ummm yes they spool very fast IMO. But you take a Apex like Duke or NM:wave::wave: bye bye SC.

These r just my thoughts:face-icon-small-con

I wasn't talking about "lickin" anything or anyone, not sure I want to know....I said they were compatible power which is true. A standard MCX kit is what most have, a stock BC275 kit has less lag, it just does. Ive riden both a lot, not a lot of guys can say that. I'm sure with motor work and stuff you could minimize lag. Don't care what that costs, a bc275 kit is $3200. Pretty good value.

I'm sure Duke and NM sleds are bad ***, not sure what the point is other than stating the obvious when you spend more money it should out perform the other product. Wouldn't the point be which sled have the best performance at the same price?

My Apex wasn't an ex RS sled either. I'm not yami bashing, far from it. Do you think cat puts out a factory mountain turbo sled without seeing what yami's have done in the last 6-7 years? This whole part of the industry is because of aftermarket companies making oem better. I think it's great.

C
Nov 29, 2008
Forward exhaust? To be honest I can't see that being a weight drop / advantage - maybe a little less pipe but OEM will still require heavy muffler to meet regulations plus muffler up front will only add to balance issues esp with Nyrto.

L

LOYTOY

Nov 29, 2007
marsden, sk
Drivetrain I completely agree, exhibit A the belt issue on some of them.

Not to highjack this thread, or defend brands of any kind, I rode a TApex for 4 years, but just for some clarification there is no Super Chute 275 kit. That is a Big Chute, which is the stock turbo recartridged with a bigger compressor. Not sure if you were talking about my buddy Evan's 1100 that you tried to get to work last year. I know all the BC kits in canada so I'd be interested to know who's that was.

Just like any brand when not running correctly there isn't much to compare or brag about. I ride with t-nitros too, they run great. There are also plenty of great running Evo kits out there and a BC275 kit is every bit as good powerwise as any 270 kit on a Nitro I seen or rode. Most just find the chassis easier to ride. I know I did that's why I snow checked one before I became a partner in a dealership.

I have done over 30 Evo kits in Western Canada this year. One of my SC290 customers just got back from Revy with his group of 270, 290, 310, and Nypex buddies. His doesn't have a belt problem. Did have some chain jumping on the last day thou. His group were all very impressed with power, power delivery, and lack of lag that we all live with on an MCX. I had one, I know. His buddies probably aren't going to come on here and rave about the Cat they rode with lol. I believe they ran into Duke one of the days. My Cat buddy hasn't rode in 2 years due to some medical issues and last rode an XP so by his admission he's a little out of riding shape.

As a side note both Julio and Trennis from Thunderstruck are both riding 1100's with BC275 kits and love them, other than Julio's belt, but we believe we have the solution for that. There's a couple guys that have some seat time on the Yami. Won't be any hiding sub par performance on film.

Again, sorry for the highjack, just felt a fair shake was in order. I'm not a brand guy, I'm a 4s guy. I personally am exicited about what might be colaborating between these two companies.

Makes good power on flat ground now lets see one follow us up the monster Gene:face-icon-small-win better send one out with more than a Kmod scissor:wave:

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
You guys are funny. I have a big chute 250 and I have never seen monster nor would ever have the skills needed to climb it. Though I could tell you that the big chute 250 will climb it. It seems as though a stock 04 800 doo climbed it at one time. This is not a contest. The 1100 will run with the nytros with a upgraded turbo. Will it beat it I don't know but it will run with it. Now put a 174 with a land leveler suspension on it and $1500 worth of head porting and rods and pistons and a big turbo and you have a motor capable of over 350 hp on the hill.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
well the guessing is over..they are only introducing one new model..

an ELECTRIC VK Professional......they state that its to keep the integrity of the lake systems and trails near rural communities GREEN..so all user groups can co-exist

they have betrayed us..

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Ya ok...I raced a super chute 1100 with my low booster turbo pro at 4 lbs boost and it didn't go good for any of the 275 horses that were running in that race.
They don't compare to a Yamaha.

Bahahaha that hurts lol, getting beat by a two stroke at 4psi boost... Your Pro's must really rip Neil.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Ya it has a different sound, maybe a bit weird or just not used to it. In what way does the AC turbo chassie handle better than the nytro and roughly how much better??? PLEASE NO BASHING:bathbaby:

I don't think the cat sounds like a tractor so bad with the right exhaust on it. It is definately not a apex or a nytro. It is a big thumper.

I have not ridden a nytro lately so I can't give a good comment about the nytro to cat handling. Though I can tell you the cat suspension outshines the yamaha one any day of the week.

xpx5

Lifetime Membership
Jan 26, 2008
south dakota
I had a arctic cat bought . Then I talked to mike at push turbo. He said they are nose heavy and feel heavier than his apex ! Told me not to buy one said I would hate it .. I've never ridden a apex. Just nytro., I was a ski- doo guy.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I had a arctic cat bought . Then I talked to mike at push turbo. He said they are nose heavy and feel heavier than his apex ! Told me not to buy one said I would hate it .. I've never ridden a apex. Just nytro., I was a ski- doo guy.

Good ole Mike. First of all I really like Mike we have stayed in his cabin the past two years. Though he has not had anything good to say about the 1100t. In my opinion you need to try it for yourself. Like I said I have never ridden a boost nytro but I can tell you that my Tvector I had felt way heavier in the nose than my 1100t.

Either way back on subject. What is yamaha going to have this year. I always get excited about the new stuff whether yamaha, doo, cat, or poo. I am hoping that yamaha really brings it. I think they understand the turbo need that mountain guys have hopefully they see a need for a lighter chassis as well.

The guys up in CA building the PROPEX have a great idea. I would love to see how the pro chassis geometry handles the extra weight up front. The key is to hide the weight like cat has done with the 11t. There is no doubt the 11t is heavy. But the weight is hidden well. You are not going to make the 4 stroke engine light without added alot of cost. So if we stay 4 stroke we need to build a chassis that hides the weight and is still nimble.

Premium Features