• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I had to ride an xp

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Is that why less skilled riders own Cats? Must have some sand in the giner.

Seems like somebody just had to whine about something. Funny chit.

I can ride my old 2009 XP just fine, hardly any effort to turn, sidehill, carve, climb and do whatever else you want. I rode a M8 once. It was like riding a gutless tank through a sand trap.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Ha haha lets keep in mind you had to ride a doo. question here is Why??? Cat broken

And yes to compair a new pro to an old XP is ridiculous. that would be like compairing an old escape chassis or king cat chassis to the Rev chassis.

And I agree with PJ it does take a skilled rider to ride a Doo

Another Question Why when I ride with Cats all I doo is get fatigued from haveing to grab on to there skis.

And when I get stuck there is know one around to help me.

And them Cats i speak of are turbos also.:face-icon-small-hap

As long as they go on the truck the way they came off ( Under there own power) it is all good!!!!!

I like my Doo's for one Reason and that is to show the others what they are capable of.

L

lucky13

Nov 26, 2007
northern utah
I rode an xp this weekend. I sure don't get it. How come everyone says these are the best sleds?

Can't wait to ride my new m1100 t next year. I hope the nightmares from riding the doo go away over the summer. Don't rag on me doo guys, these where my observations after riding the doo one full day.

im getting the a/c 1100 turbo myself, ive been waiting for cat to come out of the stone age on there sleds, if you cant see that the twin spar is there answer to doo, you need to examine the frames a little closer. cat calls it years of research, i call it buying revs and xp's and reverse enginering them. i hope they built a better doo then doo, only time will tell, i bought a nytro when they put the rider forward, i bought the pro rmk, sold them both cause niether one did it better then doo. maybe this new cat will, i know i wont sell either of my xp's till after i ride my new cat and it shines and i really hope it does.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
Not to toot my horn here, But i ride my Xp into places that all my Cat riding buddies just look at, and cuss me for takeing them into. Its not just sled.

yeah the cat side hills fantastic. Its also alot slower going up the hill. I know, Xp's really suck, thats why there are so many out there.

The cat is a respectable sled, no doubt. Luckily we get to choose the ride. Again, why did you have to ride the Xp? I'm excited to get to ride a proclimb. when that day comes next season as i cant seem to get a ride done this season. I have a feeling it will be my first cat, yes it will have a turbo 2 or 4 stroke.

E
Oct 21, 2008
flat lander MN
I think the ? is if you love your xp's so much why over in the pro climb section ? I flew out this winter for a 4 day early season ride and rode my buds back up 800 free ride good power other than that you can keep it.if the new cats handel like a xp my M will be worth gold

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I think the ? is if you love your xp's so much why over in the pro climb section ? I flew out this winter for a 4 day early season ride and rode my buds back up 800 free ride good power other than that you can keep it.if the new cats handel like a xp my M will be worth gold

Oh, just to read a bunch of whining and complaining threads about other brands, created to satisfy a Cat riders urge to make themselves feel better and falsely boost egos. *me pokes stick at you*

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
And yes to compair a new pro to an old XP is ridiculous. that would be like compairing an old escape chassis or king cat chassis to the Rev chassis.

well, then compare an M or a Dragon... whichever. Both of those are way older than the XP & tear it a new one in handling.

2011 is the first year that the xp doesn't absolutely fight you to get back to flat in anything other than 2+ feet of snow.

The xp imo, is the king in 2+ feet, but it's a POS in anything under 1', it just beats the hell out of you.

I ride till well into june, so the idea of riding a sled that's that painful to ride in lower snow just seems like torture to me.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
I gotta agree with BCIL, the 011 XP is fun in the deeper snow, just as the Pro is. The M Cats are good but in definite 3 rd place in deep snow handling, and I mean the 011's. On snow a bit firm or heavier I have no idea how guys still say the XP handle as well, it just takes way more rider input, sure it'll work, but so would an older Poo or ZX package. To bad so many get carried away with the "if I own one its cause its the best" mentality. The new Doo is certainly better being narrower but that band aid fix for fighting the natural inclination of a Doo chassis to stay flat ain't gonna fly on the set up stuff. The new Poo and the M Cats are still the only real mountain deep snow chassis, the Doo, as evident by their changes this year, is still trying to shed the trail sled roots. Awesome sled on the trail, rides great , corners great, but these are the same qualities that make it a bit more work in the fluffy stuff.

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
Meh. To each their own.

Personally, if I wanted to ride hard, crappy set-up snow, I would move to MN and ride trails with all the other bar hopping flatties.

But I like the steep, the fluffy and the deep. It's not fun for me to ride hard snow, no matter which sled. Now, if I had a TimberSled MountainHorse track system for a thumper bike....

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Meh. To each their own.

Personally, if I wanted to ride hard, crappy set-up snow, I would move to MN and ride trails with all the other bar hopping flatties.

But I like the steep, the fluffy and the deep. It's not fun for me to ride hard snow, no matter which sled. Now, if I had a TimberSled MountainHorse track system for a thumper bike....

That's just cause you're one of those panzy tree riders... weak.

Come up to SC with us (and ride what we ride) you might start to like something other than just trees!!! The fun... it's all in the AIR!!!

you ever had that heavy non-handling turd off the ground???? :face-icon-small-ton

I ride pow from october to march, then we go jump... I can't imagine having a sled that makes hard(er)pack so painful.

you need to come ride with us one of these days bro, I gots to see if you can hang when it's time to REALLY ride!! :D (not driving around on trails & meadows like SLO...) muhuhahaha! btw, even Noah is already saying he likes his dragon better than his XP!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
See I love the XP in the spring when it's time to take to the air! So forgiving when it comes to offcamber landings and just wadding up period. Can basically ride out of any situation whereas the Cat is definately out-dated in this respect(M-Series) and I've seen a few Dragons buck their riders off rather violently and tumble quite violently down some hills.....Can't say I see too many Revs or XP's tumble and roll to the bottom of hills after kickin some big booters like the IQ's and M's.......
That's Ski-Doo stability - you can't argue against it, then use it to further invalidate the Doo's....If I'm right I'm right, If I'm wrong I'm still right.........I'm not buying into that one!

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
They do fly well, hoping the new cat has that lawn dart feeling the XP has, a great thing for sure. When my wife had to ride an xp for the weekend a few weeks ago, she loved how it felt in the air... but that was the only thing.

As for the landing, that's a factor of a sled that doesn't want to tip, which can be accomplished with wider arms (the first thing I pull off my wide armed sleds). I'd like to see how the 11 compares. Now that they've got a sled that tips, landings will be very different. Even though I spend most of my time in the air, I still want a sled that I can sidehill well.

S

Slick

Nov 26, 2007
Meh. To each their own.

You must of mis-read, I never insinuated the hard pack was choice, but theres a lot of riding days thats the conditions you're dealt. To imagine every day you ride is deep and fluffy is a bit hard to believe, even for you famous guys. '

I certainly agree with the post about sticking the landings with more stability, only makes sense, cause of the out-rigger type characteristics. Landing a big kicker and making a tight carve on snow a bit set up are 2 very different traits. Not sure how any one sled could do both optimum.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008

You mean we can't post comments here? Who do we need to ask then?
Or pay............oops. Maybe i wasn't suppose to bring that whole thing up.

Maybe i'm in the proclimb section because i'm interested. Yes a skidoo only rider for the last 10 years is thinking about a Cat.

Shame on me. For not playing in my own sandbox.

C

CBX

Jan 21, 2008
I'll pm you my address, checks can be made out to backcountryislifeneedsanothersled foundation.

Maybe just join slednecks with them mad air skillz and you too could be a sponsored free sled rider.

I would give you money, but i actually have to buy my own stuff. :loco: you should too.

Besides you'd probably have it all spent in Arctic Cat clothing and stickers.:face-icon-small-ton

You jumping guys are a talent bunch for sure. Not sure how ya do it. Saw a guy do a 50 ft drop the other day......jeez.... 15ft scares the crap out me. I'll just sit at the bottom and watch you guys do the big drops.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
nah man, I'm a drywall guy... ain't got no time to play with the REAL big boys.

My occasional 100-150 looks pretty dang weak when you look at what brown, and DOZENS of other badazzes are doing!

btw... you must have missed the location... up in the mtns... we spend out money on mods, not stickers & clothes!!:nod: It's all about riding, it ain't no fashion show, YO. (besides, I'm too old for monster graphics & flat billed helmets!!)

I just jump cause it's fun, my wife is the one in videos now.

I'll still accept checks though...

Premium Features