• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
So,

Let me get this straight.

Christopher talks himself into a job with Harris to manage a site that worked fine.

Christopher changes all sorts of stuff on the site, making it pitifully slow.

Now that the site is pitifully slow, he basically forces Harris to pony up for servers.

Now that the money is spent on servers, we hear talk about this becoming a pay site.

Am I missing a step here?

it is UNREAL how one misguided person can screw up a good thing. If the rumor was false about it becoming a pay site, I think he would have hurried to deny such a STUPID idea.

Let's get a round of applause for Christopher, well done.

Anyone that is stupid enough to pay for a forum, good luck getting info from the guys out there that don't need to waste their money on that type of thing, all you'ill get is canned advertisements from the few that think it's worth it to advertise on a site that drove away the majority of its users.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
visa-classic-credit-card.jpg

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
I guess I shouldn't have said anything... I am now up to 3 e-mail notifications for new posts in the threads I am subscribed to...

I was trying to help. I wasn't looking to be punished....:confused:

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
aaaaaand now back to this...

Database error
The SnoWest Forum database has encountered a problem.

Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.snowest.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.snowest.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
Pay site

Don't know if I'd pay at this point. I belong to a couple others that I pay to access the full meal deal. If the speed thing isn't resolved paying is not an option.

We can be optomistic.... realistically I can't justify paying for frustration. This site has a lot to offer.... I am willing to stick around to see how things turn out, but sooner or later we will all make a decision to leave if it doesn't improve.

If paying to use this site is the issue... then like many other sites, tv stations, radio etc, certain, non-advertising filled pages/locations should exist. There has to be value for the $$$. I generally don't pay for sites filled with advertisements. Yes many sites have generated pop ups.... I will not go to these sites after I have discoverred them... not even if they are free!!! So lets be careful. I am not the only one who feels this way.

Hope to see the new snowest site soon!

D.:beer;

S
Sep 10, 2005
Grand Junction, CO
Did Snowest put out a survey before they changed site??? It seems like its got to much stuff (switches and buttons)----
NO they did not!
Christopher had a meeting with the "industry experts" and they came up with the changes on their own.
They know exactly where they are headed and exactly where they will end up. Or so I was told.
They are not interested in our feedback. (Unless it is positve and supportive.)

G
Nov 26, 2007
Bozeman, Montana
I subscribe to SnowWest & Sled Head too

I pay for your magazines, I did like your Forum site tell you changed it, now it sucks! If I have to pay for this site I'll drop your Magazines and go with something else. Just say the word, I site was OK before you changed it, so change it back. Gary from Bozeman,MT

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
SO,

this is what happens when you speak out against the supreme leader,

Christopher thought it would be funny to change my name.

I'm not amused.

I also can no longer start threads.

this is the kind of childish crap we're dealing with here.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Maybe if you got rid of that Gay maximum posters section that might help speed up slowest???

image.php

maybe they could get gay whiners to stop opening threads they know they won't like just so they have something get their undies in a bind about.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I can't believe people are still complaining about having to pay a little $. Don't like it, or how the site is managed, then DO NOT log on ever again!!! Please go elsewhere if this place is SO bad....go to one of there other GREAT and FREE sites that I hear guys talking about. :rolleyes:
Snowest DID try to generate some income through voluntary donations BEFORE christopher was even here and let us know that a pay option was a possibility in the future BEFORE Christopher was here.
Put your $$ where your mouth is and NEVER log onto Snowest again....or are you here just to whine and cry for attention ?? :beer;:):beer;

M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
I can't believe people are still complaining about having to pay a little $. Don't like it, or how the site is managed, then DO NOT log on ever again!!! Please go elsewhere if this place is SO bad....go to one of there other GREAT and FREE sites that I hear guys talking about. :rolleyes:
Snowest DID try to generate some income through voluntary donations BEFORE christopher was even here and let us know that a pay option was a possibility in the future BEFORE Christopher was here.
Put your $$ where your mouth is and NEVER log onto Snowest again....or are you here just to whine and cry for attention ?? :beer;:):beer;

you entirely miss the point... people have made invaluable connections on this site... so they feel its worth fighting for to get it back to the status(read awesome) it was before! is that so wrong? :confused:

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado

you shuold try out for a mod position!

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
you entirely miss the point... people have made invaluable connections on this site... so they feel its worth fighting for to get it back to the status(read awesome) it was before! is that so wrong? :confused:

That is my point. the PEOPLE made this site what it is. If the PEOPLE simply do not log on and all go to BCR or whatever free site they choose, then BCR will be the place that Snowest once was....quick and easy with no drama :beer;:) I joined up over there months ago and am surprised at the lack of hits that site gets....you can hear crickets over there. Why not just get everyone to go there INSTEAD of here....the only difference is the address.
Personally I think the biggest problem with Snowest lately has been from a handful of people that are not willing to pay the $10 a year to keep these "invaluable connections".
The slow servers need to be upgraded....it costs $$. Seems simple and fair enough, what would be a better option?? Keep it SLOWest? Make only certain people pay? Close the site? JMO- :beer;

M

MotoPsycho

Jan 4, 2008
Wyoming
PsychoSled.com
pay for 1 site today...

...pay for every one of them in the future.

I thought the internet was supposed to be free?

It's just like every law that has ever been opposed by a few, then passed anyway. It is made to sound "ok" to the point that it is passed, it sets a precedent, and many more laws follow - and can't be stopped because of the precedent.

I wish Al Gore hadn't invented the internets! :mad:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Free for who? Everything costs $$, starting with the computer you are looking at right now....should that be free?
Everyone bags on Obama for wanting to give everyone something for nothing....welfare, medical coverage, etc....and I agree. But when we have to pay $9.99 a year for this, it's suddenly a different story....everyone wants it to be something for nothing. :confused:

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
WinterBrew - you're all over the place here. The arguments are largely disparate. The Obama argument is spurious at best - and I don't like Obama.

If you're going to charge for this site, chances are you'll loose most of the contributing members. The changes we've already seen have given SW a bad name and adversely affected performance. The moderation on here has gone to crap. If he was smart, he'd outsource this forum to a hosting company, rather he's going to build the wheel piece by piece in order to sell the story upstairs.

If you're worried about paying for servers, BW, etc.. Maybe ol' Christopher should rattle the cage and find out EXACTLY that his advertising revenue is bringing in and make that model work first. Do you realize he doesn't even know that! How'd you like to be paying for advertising, then find out that your revenue stream is going away so SW can charge membership fees?! (maybe that's how you become a MOD on here. LOL)

This is an attempt to sell out the good will of the community and our information/discussions as a supplemental income stream pure & simple. He got HP all amped up on his fancy features, and ran head on into a firestorm when he inadvertently announced early that he was going to cram all of this crap down our throats and force us to pay for his mis-adventures.

Maybe Hotmail, GMail, FaceBook, Twitter, etc.. all have it wrong & ol Christopher is way ahead of his time. Or maybe not.

Premium Features