• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

509FILMS bad business

Interesting. If my memory serves me correctly we received your order several weeks after we ended our free DVD promotion, yet still shipped you one once we saw you felt you were entitled to one. :rolleyes:

I'll say, it's tough staying on top of things during the busy season, but one thing I will promise is I ALWAYS make right, no matter the situation.

Some people just cant be pleased!!! Free stuff!!!! WTF!!!

P
Dec 7, 2008
NW Montana
:beer;:beer; We raise up our glasses to the little man doin business in a dog eat dog world. If you do business long enough you realize that no matter how good you are, you can't please everybody. Keep the faith man.

well i just saw this post, its really to bad that you cant respond to your customers like you would if they were spending more money like ordering more stuff from your site as i know fast responses come when i was interested in making purchases. i think its sad that everyone is picking up for these guys when they arent at all doing there part like they should. free stuff is great but the only reason my buddy bought the goggles and blu ray was because it was a blu ray, not just another snowmobile dvd.

T
Mar 9, 2008
Spokane
Did you read Tom's response? This time try wiping your cheeks first. I like everyone else have had a business or two not respond in what I would consider a timely manner. So do ya spend the next few months whining about it trying to get more free stuff... Come on.

08TNT

Jan 24, 2008
North east, sd
good and bad

ordered a black evolution t-shirt and DVD and recived the grey shirt and the right dvd but my order was double and i was only charged once. so i got 2 wrong shirts and 2 dvd's and the one said they will be sending me the blue ray the end of jan.

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
ordered a black evolution t-shirt and DVD and recived the grey shirt and the right dvd but my order was double and i was only charged once. so i got 2 wrong shirts and 2 dvd's and the one said they will be sending me the blue ray the end of jan.

Our black evolution shirt has been discontinued and replaced by the charcoal new style.

N

NITROSKIDUDE

Dec 12, 2003
SPOKANE WA.
Just found this thread. Here's my response...

Here's the deal with blu-ray. It's a joke for a small business/film maker such as myself to have them made 'legally'. I've been at this for months and it's a very slow and daunting process. It's not like a DVD where you just call up any of thousands of replications companies, cut them a check for a few grand and have a stack of replicated DVDs at your door step in a few weeks. Blu-ray is governed by an organization called AACS (Advanced Access Content System). This is a coalition of large corps who've invested in Blu-ray. AACS's purported mission is to protect the film maker from Blu-ray bootlegging. This is a false front. The AACS's content protection method has already been hacked. Yet, I am still REQUIRED to purchase a AACS license in order to produce blu-rays. To the tune of $3000. It doesn't stop there. There are license fees for numerous other things including using the Blu-ray logo, royalties per disc made, etc. So basically it can cost around $5000 before even one disc is produced. There is a reason no company in the industry has gone through the BR replication process by the books. Heck I haven't heard of any company in the action sports industry in general that has done it. AACS essentially squashes the 'little guy' and favors the big corps. Even still, 509 WILL be the first company to successfully replicate a blu-ray snowmobile title. And darn proud when it happens.

I don't have a date when this will happen unfortunately. It will be this winter and hopefully before too much longer. I have been shipping all Blu-ray orders a free DVD version as you mentioned. If you feel that hasn't been enough to compensate for the wait, I'll gladly issue a full refund and still ship your BR copy when they come in. Your call.

Not sure you wanted a back story on the dirty industry of BR replication, but there you have it. Merry Christmas :beer;

YEA SO STOP FREAKIN WINE-N- GO RIDE YOUR SLED MAKE YOUR OWN VIDS AND PRODUCE THEM AND STILL BE A CALM COLLECTED SOUL AS TOM IS.

i REALLY CAN'T BELIEVE THIS THREAD IS EVEN STILL GOING.

tRY GETTING YOUR GOODS THROUGH WPS OR SOMETHING SEE HOW THAT FAIRS PAY FULL PRICE AND THEN SOME.

I DID THIS IN BLUE BECAUSE OF ALL THE TEARS ON HERE.

MAN DROP IT,

I KNOW A GUY WAITING ON BOONDOCKERS TO SEND HIM IS TUNER BOX BACK 6 WEEKS WTF.....

THIS TIME OF YEAR SUCKS.

OHH DON'T EVEN TRY TO GET ANYTING AUTOMOTIVE DONE IN YOUR TOWN WHEN THE AUTO BOAT SPEED SHOW COMES, THEY WILL ALL BE TOO BUSY FOR THEN TOO. I WOULD REALLY HOPE I DON'T READ ANYTHING ABOUT THAT.

HAVE A GREAT DAY

RANT OVER

YELLOW IS FOR SUNY SKIES!!!!!

PEACE!!!

H

Hirevtuner

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 14, 2008
Calgary
509 Films as a small business from my experience has gone well above anything a guy could ask for. Dvd's always send on time. I see he was giving free dvd's to the blue ray orders due to the delay (very nice). Goggles ordered and send on time, damaged in shipping and problem fixed even with the holidays ON TIME. As a small business owner myself I belief Tom is doing more then anyone should ask for. Try complaining to a large company and see how fast the service is. Remember this guy is one of us, a sledder just trying to feed his family. Give the guy a break.
Just my thoughts.

Last edited:
Did you read Tom's response? This time try wiping your cheeks first. I like everyone else have had a business or two not respond in what I would consider a timely manner. So do ya spend the next few months whining about it trying to get more free stuff... Come on.

first of all idiot, i didnt get anything free from them, my buddy paid for a bluray and got a dvd which costs less. a timely matter to me would be atleast within the first month. this took 3 months and only happened then because i made the problem open to the public, if i had just kept tryin to email im sure i wouldnt get anywhere. i really couldnt care less if he is out riding and filming, if you cant deliver your product that is already paid for then you should be in business. they sure as hell have someone there ready to take your money when your looking to purchase, the least they could do is have someone there to respond to the emails as im sure it could be a full time job according to all the complaints.

H
Jan 10, 2002
PF, Idaho
Are you and your buddy connected at the waist? You sure seem the whine for him alot. If YOU didn't do business with Tom don't come on here and whine for someone else. Tom explained the situation with BR. If your buddy don't like it. Get a refund, which Tom offered.

Last edited:

03rmking

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2004
Spokane, WA
www.509films.com
first of all idiot, i didnt get anything free from them, my buddy paid for a bluray and got a dvd which costs less. a timely matter to me would be atleast within the first month. this took 3 months and only happened then because i made the problem open to the public, if i had just kept tryin to email im sure i wouldnt get anywhere. i really couldnt care less if he is out riding and filming, if you cant deliver your product that is already paid for then you should be in business. they sure as hell have someone there ready to take your money when your looking to purchase, the least they could do is have someone there to respond to the emails as im sure it could be a full time job according to all the complaints.

What's your buddies name or order number? I'll gladly refund in full tomorrow. DVD's on me.

T
Mar 9, 2008
Spokane

When you open up with IDIOT, don't expect a courteous or timely response from people. Which is probably how you emailed 509 Films. Oh and I doubt Tom's taking applications for a complaint responder since your the only BIOTCH. So I guess this means you'll have to go back to making balloons...CLOWN.

I am slightly confused... 509 offers to refund your dough, let you keep the dvd on them and then they still need to hire a operator to answer complaint calls like yours???? dude, seriously, pull your head out of your a s s, your ears will not freeze.

Premium Features