• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Stewart Sled Trip

zal

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northern Alberta and Northern BC
I'm planning a sled trip hopefully around the end of June. One last trip for the year. There's going to be about 8 to 10 guys riding. Where is the best place to stay and who should we talk to, to show us around. None of us has ever been there, so any tips for Stewart would be greatly appreciated.:)

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
take your passports or any ID that you might need to get back into BC from Alaska................. you have to go thru Hyder AK to ride in some of their areas & will need some ID to get back thru the border crossong. remember to pack plenty of gas for the day's riding......................IT'S BIG UP THERE!!!!!!!

T

U
Jan 17, 2008
Hinton Alberta
take your passports or any ID that you might need to get back into BC from Alaska................. you have to go thru Hyder AK to ride in some of their areas & will need some ID to get back thru the border crossong. remember to pack plenty of gas for the day's riding......................IT'S BIG UP THERE!!!!!!!

T

If you go through the border with Dave, the border guards are pretty good. Just have some photo ID and you should be good!

U
Jan 17, 2008
Hinton Alberta
What kind of riding is up there?

Just imagine parking your four place enclosed trailer against a snow bank on the highway and the snow bank being about 2 1/2 times higher than your trailer. Can have some insane pow, high alpine riding, or boondocking in the trees. It is one of the most incredible riding areas ever. Well worth the drive.

N

northpow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 27, 2007
where it snows (BC)
Never thought about the passport or ID part of things. Thanks guys for that tid bit. What kind of riding is up there?

The riding is sick!!!!!!!!!!!!! Late june will be slim pickins for pow!!!!! but should still be able to ride! Watch out for crevases on the glaciers!!!!!!! Early to mid april is way better time to roll into Stewart!!!!!!! Still snowing lots and better chance of good visability!! But ya never know could be socked in the whole time ur there!!! Have a good trip!!

T
Nov 26, 2007
Golden BC
I think Dave told us that we rode about 2000 - 3500 ft or so. Stewart is right at the inland harbor, so it's sea level. they had enuff snow in town that you couldn't see the houses from the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's quite a bit in my books man!!!! just imagine what's up top!!!!!! it was soooooo big up there man, you can go for miles & miles b4 you realize you're out of gas!!!!
big hills, not steep crazy chit like BC, but long climbs........... like a minute or more to get up top some of the big hills

T

N

northpow

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 27, 2007
where it snows (BC)
I think Dave told us that we rode about 2000 - 3500 ft or so. Stewart is right at the inland harbor, so it's sea level. they had enuff snow in town that you couldn't see the houses from the streets!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that's quite a bit in my books man!!!! just imagine what's up top!!!!!! it was soooooo big up there man, you can go for miles & miles b4 you realize you're out of gas!!!!
big hills, not steep crazy chit like BC, but long climbs........... like a minute or more to get up top some of the big hills

T

Not quite as much snow in town this year!!!!!!!! But ya there is chit load once ya get a little bit out of the valley!!!!!! Most of the riding areas a little south of Stewart(as the crow flys) on the north coast of BC all have about a 4-5 metre snowpack already...and well it is only January!!!!!!!!!!!!!We will be riding well into June this year for sure!!!!!!!

B
Dec 18, 2007
We go evry year at least once. Easter weekend is a bit of a gamble have had great snow and weather as well as some whiteouts. Last year we wer up for four days over may long and It was epic. Still riding from sea level and had sunlight untill 10:30. I would recomend going a little earlyer for fewer hazards and way better snow conditions. I'm telling you there is absoulutly no better place when the sun is shining. I have been all over and am yet to find anywhere in the ballpark. Bring lots of beer , fuel, belts and beer.

Cheers
LL

A
Jan 26, 2008
The shop
last people to sign in at the guest book at the cabin were August 18th!
and there was a group that went one week later too!
www.stewartmountainlodge.com
By any chance would this be the same shred dog others call Dave Craig? How's it going up there? The day after you left Pemby was epic Blue sky and deep. Oh well, that's how it goes some times. Team Pemerton says hi to the family and the shredders up there. Possible spring trip in the works. Need to start coming up with a solid stag plan for the may long weekend? Any thoughts? Looks like you guys got pounded last week. Shred on shred dog. Till next time...

S
Nov 29, 2007
ya wud up A team. C team checkin in from the north!
we got 7 feet in 5 days last week ........retarded!
Road is Still plowed to the mill so life is good.
Last 3 days have been blue epicness!
Got guests in and they are having a blast!
snowmobile club meeting tonight at 730.
6 of us drinking our faces off i would imagine.
Just got the new drag for behind the groomer ( too deep to use it right now)

can't wait to get back down there and see if i can hang with the A team on a permanent basis!

Premium Features