• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2018 Polaris reeds replacement idles at 1500rpm

D

Dawson1223

Feb 6, 2024
Revelstoke
Hey guys I was trouble shooting a bog issue with my sled so I took a look at my reeds and there was no issues with them but I replaced them just to be on the safe side, as they had 1800 miles on them I also went into my injectors to see if they had any issues and they where pretty clogged up. I cleaned them and they seem to be operating as they should. I’m idling at 1500rpm instead of 1800rpm. I just did my top end so I had the power valves relearned. And the sled was running at 1800rpm prior to the reed replacement and injector cleaning. Do I need to get the power valves relearned as I changed my reeds? Or is this a situation where you run the sled till reeds brake in? Or do I need to mess around with the tps? I’m going on a trip this weekend so any advice would be appreciated. Thx guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A@ron

Premium Member
Apr 16, 2017
Wisconsin
I’d double check your base and idle tps voltage. What kind of bog did you have? Deep snow? Unfortunately there are so many possibilities. After I added boondocker agility vents the bogs in the deep snow went away.

D

Dawson1223

Feb 6, 2024
Revelstoke
I have the boondocker vents and agility elite kit. Installed running 5 pounds of boost. Bog would happen when your full throttle. Then throughout the day would get consistently worse. Got back onto the trail heading back to the truck at 5000-6000 rpm and the sled would shut down then turn back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features