• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sled Rentals

Hey guys,

Anyone know of any places where I can rent a sled for 3 to 4 days at a time? And not cost and arm and a leg?

I would like to take a trip with some of my buddys in late Feb and they are doing a 3 day overnight trip. Not sure where they are heading to. So someplace down in Denver to rent at?

Thanks

R
Nov 28, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
unfortunately, they all cost an arm and a leg to rent. There is a place in Lakewood if I remember correctly that will rent you a sled and/or trailer if you need it. Want to say it was Extreme Rental or something like that. Never used them personally so I have no idea what they rent of how much.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
extreme is pretty good, also if you're going to be up in the steamboat area there's a guy up here with new 600 RMK's who is very reasonable & easy to deal with. I can't remember his company name, but this name is Stan

303-916-5363

V
Nov 27, 2007
denver area
I rented a MM years ago from extreme (supposed to be a Ski Doo but it broke down and they "upgraded" me 100cc at no charge). Not bad rate, just remember they don't offer insurance, very few rentals do.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Extreme Rentals quoted me $160/day for a M6 or $180/day for a M8, included 1st tank of gas and a trailer (no charge I think). I'm sure this didn't include insurance though.
I checked into this a couple weeks ago for some friends coming out, so prices are current.
I think that's about not "arm and leg" as you'll get. I was quoted $220 + insurance for a RMK6 or Summit6 last year when my wifes old sled blew clutch parts all over the Snowies. I chose to invest that money into a new clutch and extra 12pack to replace it.
If a guy was going for 4 days, it would almost make sense to buy a machine (if you got the $cratch) and sell it for $500 less after the trip. That way 2 people would get a good deal!

Last edited:

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
prices

I've found that some of them will hagle with you a little, especially if you are renting during the week days when they have little business, plus you are asking for a long period of time. Also if you are coming with a group they are likely to drop their price a little. Xtreme seems to be the best fare, but then you have to pull them up with you instead of getting there, jumping on and going.

Premium Features