• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Kingcat Setups/ low end bog

S
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Shaw, Montana
I have a 2005 Kingcat 900 EFI

I just put a speedwerx single pipe on, and a slp can.
Since I switched the attack 20 around Saturday, i run it through the field a bit to make sure everything was good. I have a low end bog now. Is this the difference in the altitude? I was at about 3600 feet, and normally ride Kings Hill/Lincoln areas. I checked my plug color, and they were a nice brown.

What setup works for clutching and gearing. I have the stock weights and springs in it still. When i purchased my can/pipe, it came with a speedwerx clutch kit. Is this any good? I have a 43 tooth gear for the big gear, and 19 on the small one. Do i need to regear, i saw a post somewhere where there was a problem with a KK jumping gears??

The tech from speedwerx said I should be fine running the can/pipe setup without a aftermarket efi box. He said if it runs a little lean, to unplug the ethinol plug. My question is, where is the ethinol plug.

I am looking for a setup that is pull and ride.

Thanks

turboDS1300

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
The ethanol plug is a short loop (with a connector in the middle) that comes right out of the front of your computer. Again, it is much shorter than any thing else coming out of the computer. Just disconnect it. I do not remember the wire colors off the top of my head but will check when I get back home if someone else hasn't chimed in. I'm running the stock 19/43 gears on my KK too with no issues. SpeedWerx is local to me and they are usually spot on with their stuff in my experiences, for what it is worth.

G

Going West

Nov 30, 2007
Canada
you have a lean bog, when you change the pipe and can on a king cat with no efi tuneing it run fairly lean at lower elevation. we had to cats burn down in our area before the dealer started sugesting tuneing boxs

B
Nov 26, 2007
i have the same set up and had the same problem.

i installed boyesen reeds and it cleaned up that bog perfectly. quite a bit sharper. much better than when stock all the way around. got'em from speedwerx.

i had gutted the airbox too, but then put the guts back in after some dudes told me to start w/ one change at a time.

P
Jan 15, 2005
ND
Had the same issue with my 04 900 efi after I installed the werx pipe and an mbrp can. Vforce reeds cleared the bog up for me. I still have the ethanol plug connected.

S
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Shaw, Montana
Ok, cool. Thank you so much for the info.

I was afraid I was a bit lean at the lower altitude. Didnt run it much, just 3-4 passes across the field. Just enough to chaise the whitetails and geese off the field.

What are you guys running for clutching? Which springs/weights/gearing?

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
I agree with the reed idea. If you have a tiny corner of a reed peddel broke or chipped it will kill your bottom end. And believe me it only has to be TINY!

Premium Features