• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

please explain

Knox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2010
North Dakota
can someone do me a huge favor and explain the snowcheck process is...i know you pay like $500 just curious as to what it entails....i am completely dumfounded on this one or just may dumb overall:face-icon-small-con

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
You put down your $500 bones to ensure you get the sled you want with what ever the spring offer is going to be. Whether it be an extended warranty or gear. Once the sled comes in, you pay the balance (minus your $500) of whatever you and the dealer worked out. Normally if you back out of the deal when the sled comes in you forfeit the money you put down. Pretty simple.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
can someone do me a huge favor and explain the snowcheck process is...i know you pay like $500 just curious as to what it entails....i am completely dumfounded on this one or just may dumb overall:face-icon-small-con

Your not dumb Paul! I just found out the whole process a couple weeks ago. You gonna get a 12?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I tell you what I would not have known what it entails either. I may be snochecking a new sled this year as well. So good to see someone explain it.

Dam Dave

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 27, 2001
Montrose
as stated above + you are guaranteed a sled if they are in short supply

dunatyk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Or with the given state of the economy if the sled havent change to much wait until fall and buy a holdover and score on the rebates. Have had no trouble finding what i wanted in the fall Sno Pro/LE/ etc

diggler

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Kalispell, MT
well depending on how much cheaper it is it could be worth the drive, how long does the snocheck go on a month?

and lets say i want to trade in my 10' not sure i would ever want to do that cuz i love this damn thing, they just give you what they think its worth? guessing you would be better off selling outright, cuz theyd give you 6K for it and try to sell it for 8

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
I couldn't resist

Up side I've snow checked a lot of sleds, never paid more than cost plus about $500, bought two that were sno checked and buyers backout on, paid even less, bought them on the no no no program and paid for them in the spring the day before payments started or interest acrued. All turned out good, big lottery.

Down side were the sleds were never quite what I had ridden the spring before, the snow check money gets you a sled serial number before manufacture, so when that sled with your number shows up a lemon or wrong color, you get it anyway, no choosen sides.

Result..........dealer still in bussiness just grouchy, I'm still buying sleds for projects to hone my divergent thinking skills, cat still appears solvent, some mothers son is still designing new sleds that are almost there.

R

RCR3

Nov 14, 2009
Lava Hot Springs, ID
I did get info from a dealer today that the prices are going to be as close to last years prices because no one wants sleds to sit! I also was told the Cat M1100T is going to be in the 11,500 ball park so hell yeah!:D

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
Anybody ever realize that the cat snowcheck program usually offers a no money down, no interests 6 months, and no payments 6 months, yet your still required to put $500 money down toward the snowcheck.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
you get to loan cat $500, pay more than someone who buys in the fall, and get your sled later than someone who buys in the fall. If YOUR sled doesn't show up, oh well, you already paid, so you can't walk away.

I know a few people here who ride early normally & had to watch a bunch of sleds go out, but wait for theirs while others were riding already.

Seems like the "snow check" thing was different this year though, there were TONS of LE sleds out there this year. (after spring checks were sold I mean, tons of them on showroom floors.)

SaberKitty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2006
Foothills of Grosse Gelb
Spring ordered two M8s in March of 2007 since I'm a sucker for the all black Nightfire package. They showed up right after Labor Day. On the price, didn't see a dealer beat what I paid until March 2008.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
well depending on how much cheaper it is it could be worth the drive, how long does the snocheck go on a month?

and lets say i want to trade in my 10' not sure i would ever want to do that cuz i love this damn thing, they just give you what they think its worth? guessing you would be better off selling outright, cuz theyd give you 6K for it and try to sell it for 8
Its worth the 2.5 hour drive one way to me.
who is paul?
Sorry i'm ratarded, i got mixed up

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

snowchecking is a situation you enter into secretly and then it makes you conive and snivel and weasal away for several months to convince your wife that you need a new sled and hope you succeed otherwise your out some bucks..me...i snow check...then get the wife a washer/dryer /vacuum etc...then say whats good for the goose is good for the gander...i always get my sled...but now i have to spend the rest of my life with no sex...

Premium Features