• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My Account got hacked!!!!!! Please be super cautious!!!

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Hi Guys,
I haven't been on the forum for about a month. I just logged in again to find tons of DMs of my account out there scamming people. It looks like he may have actually gotten one of the guys. I have now changed my password to a ridiculously hard password.

@christopher please let me/us know if there is anything else we ought to be doing to protect ourselves.

thanks and sorry

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Hi Guys,
I haven't been on the forum for about a month. I just logged in again to find tons of DMs of my account out there scamming people. It looks like he may have actually gotten one of the guys. I have now changed my password to a ridiculously hard password.

@christopher please let me/us know if there is anything else we ought to be doing to protect ourselves.

thanks and sorry
I think regular use of the account and a SOLID password are pretty much your only real protections.
I suppose I could look into TWO FACTOR AUTHENTICATION, but most people would HATE being forced through that every time they log in.

C
Nov 29, 2008
I looked at one of the ads but felt something was off .... getting harder to trust people online...too many scams...

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
Yes indeed, 2 factor authentication would be the worst.

For what it's worth, also, he pretty much did all his damage in one night. So even a "regular" login of every few days would likely have proved insufficient here.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
also, for what it is worth, the guys who asked him for a phone number so they could talk over the phone and stuff got him to quickly give up. Even that isn't fool-proof of course in our modern days of easily obtainable google virtual numbers. Nevertheless, it is what worked for them in this particular instance.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Yes indeed, 2 factor authentication would be the worst.

For what it's worth, also, he pretty much did all his damage in one night. So even a "regular" login of every few days would likely have proved insufficient here.
Trying to see if there is a way to allow it to be OPT-IN.

Premium Features