• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Girl's Clothes Help

C
Nov 14, 2008
Wyoming
I have a daughter (7 years old) who sometimes likes to go riding. She would like it more if -

1 - we could keep her a bit warmer. I am having a heck of a time finding good layers for her.

2 - easier to go potty! Does anyone know if there are drop-seat bibs or a good insulated pant for girls?

Last edited:
E

EagleRiverDee

Dec 15, 2009
Eagle River, Alaska
For staying warm: All I can recommend is layers and if she really has trouble producing body heat try two other things: feed her well just prior to going (a higher fat meal will produce a hotter thermal burn in the body) and tuck chemical heat pads inside her coat.

For going potty- ah, the bane of being a woman doing remote outdoor winter sports! I, too, am tired of the contortions involved in going to the bathroom outside in winter- everything from just finding a suitable location to go to taking off so many layers just to be able to do it! My next thing to try is a feminine urinal that can be used with clothes on (you just need to unzip) and standing up. Amazon offers several options. I have a "Go Girl" that I've used (with limited success, ha) but I think I'm going to try this one next- it's not as compact but looks like it will work better with a lot of clothes on: http://www.amazon.com/Freshette-by/...TF8&coliid=I2LHU3KZKQPM65&colid=2QNN3I6XC0XT6 I've opted not to use drop-seat bibs because I didn't see any way to really keep the powder out.

Last edited:
Premium Features