• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

E3 Spark pluges?

S

Skidoo83

Feb 17, 2009
WA
Has anyone used these pluges and or done any independent dyno testing on them?

They claim to give you more horsepower and better fuel economy.

T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
I would have to look and see what plugs I did and did not test...but I can tell you that the plug that comes with the 800r engine is FAR more resistant to pinging than the other plugs I tried. I never was a fan of the stock plug with that complete angled ring around the electrode until I tried another plug without that...The thing pinged and rattled riding down my field.

I have never been a believer in running some odd ball recommended plug but after that expirience I have just gone with what Doo recommends.

I dont know why it would rattle more, I have no idea or even a guess. But since then I just spin the standard plugs in the thing and ride it.

Any insight would be great BTW. I was running a chamber design that we have used for years in our race two strokes and used with with any number of different plugs. But the Doo foiled that attempt.

Jake

J
Jun 13, 2009
Hailey, Idaho
I just watched them dyno these plugs on horsepower tv today and they were good for 8 hp and 4% better fuel economy at 3,000 rpms with an LS6 motor.

Now I don't know how much load they ran with, they were also testing for emissions and there claims were valid in droping emissions, more power, and better milage. I watched it thinking there would either no gains or they would be so small it would be pointless but 8hp is a big deal for a plug change, they also had the plugs firing in a clear tube along side a normal plug and there was a big differance in the two.

I was thinking Hmmm I wonder how my RT1K would run with them?

Premium Features