• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Raptor triple rate springs

G
Feb 23, 2009
Has anyone tried the raptor spring kits? Looking to give my 9r khaos abit of handling upgrades without breaking the bank. Any real world testing ? Or waste of time ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKFULLTHROTTLE

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2009
Alaska
They actually work very well, paired with some good valving and your loving life. But yes, IMO they are worth the the few extra bucks.

rmk800ak

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2002
Fairbanks AK.
They are really good springs . And Jake’s customer service is top notch . I’ve ran just springs on several different setups and full shock setups and both have been worth the money .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindman

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
wish the paint would stay on better would not get the white again. at least the black blends in

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I tried them in 2016 and the paint fell off, they were replaced at no charge so yes the customer service is excellent but on oem basic shocks they don't work too well as the sled would dive too much until on the second stage. To stop this I had to crank the shocks springs tighter and then it was a bit rigid. They really need to be on a shock with adjustable dampening as intended.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
You cna only use them on the ski shocks and the RTS. Doesnt fit center shock

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

K
Feb 15, 2023
Colorado
For those that have run these what rider weight? I'm 235 before gear and tunnel bag. Raptor told me to go with the base springs (22 khaos 850 155) but I'm just wondering if it would make sense to go firmer springs for guy who is probably 270 lbs geared up and ridding. Curious on real world experience. The issue I'm going after is the stock velocity springs just feel too soft and I like the concept of a multi rate spring. Would the base springs be a good improvement for a heavier rider over stock? I would appreciate any feedback.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Would the base springs be a good improvement for a heavier rider over stock? I would appreciate any feedback.
Since you said you think your current setup is too soft, I’d suggest you go with the firm triple rate spring set. The triple rate will ride plush in the majority of the stroke but firm up as you get closer to full compression… so it may take some adjustment on your end to get your clickers set to how you want your ride to feel, but I think you’d be happier with the firm set.

Premium Features