• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2002 Edge 800 possibly built by Dr. John??? M&M performance??

T
Dec 10, 2023
Enumclaw WA
Just picked up a sled in Washington state. Previous owner swore up and down the sled was built by Dr.John and M&M performance but has no paperwork. Also said that it can only be ran on 112 fuel and makes a ton of horsepower. Looking to see if anyone has any insight on the sleds he builds and if this could be one of them?? Pics of the sled below. Thanks!IMG_3302.pngIMG_3303.pngIMG_3301.png

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Ahhh
What do you know?

……a question to never ask whoisthatguy.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I wish I could offer some insight into the sleds history, but all I can say is it's a beautiful, nicely modded Edge. Can you confirm that it's an '02? The Vertical Escape appeared in '03, unless I'm mistaken. It could be a hood swap, of course. A compression check might help tell you something, although I think you'd have to take the head off to find out for sure what the head is. Very cool sled no matter what though.

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
It has after market SLP skis and seat. Some work has been put in on the tunnel to give more track clearance to the tunnel, and contain the snow being thrown up off of the track at the tail. It appears to be a stock 2005 800 engine that may have some internal modifications such as a double wide PTO bearing and port work. It has the after market SLP double pipe that added significant horsepower without requiring any special gas. 2" lug stock series IV track that sucks.

Premium Features