• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Assault Center Driver Removal

L
Aug 2, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
Based on the problems with icing because of the center extrovert driver on the assault and some rmk's, I am seriously thinking of removing it. Just curious how a guy goes about it? Can it just be cut off or would I have to remove the drive and then remove the drivers and press the outside one back on? Just curious because I really have no way that I know of to remove or press the drivers back on. Hoping to just cut off that center driver. This would also open up a few more track options for me. Any thoughts?

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Based on the problems with icing because of the center extrovert driver on the assault and some rmk's, I am seriously thinking of removing it. Just curious how a guy goes about it? Can it just be cut off or would I have to remove the drive and then remove the drivers and press the outside one back on? Just curious because I really have no way that I know of to remove or press the drivers back on. Hoping to just cut off that center driver. This would also open up a few more track options for me. Any thoughts?

I just cut mine off, I wouldn't go to the trouble to press the drivers off and on.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Dave is spot on...

Just be carefull, take your time and make darn sure not to nick the shaft with your cuting tool. That could cause the thin walled, Hollow, hydroformed axle to develop a stress crack.

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
I put avids on mine, I figure if I can run my track looser then I won't have to change my hi fax every season

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Have you ever personally had issues with it icing up? I have about 1700 miles on mine w/o those kind of issues.

Super Dave3

Lifetime Membership
Feb 15, 2003
Klamath Falls OR
Have you ever personally had issues with it icing up? I have about 1700 miles on mine w/o those kind of issues.

Yeah I have had it happen a few times. Seems like it happens more often when the snow is wet and heavy. Its not a big deal to clear it out, just a inconvience.

A

ak49er

Dec 10, 2008
Big Lake, AK
2ea. Assaults, 1700 miles on both, you name the riding conditions, trails, mountains, wet creek crossings, glaciers,trails, -17*F, I too have never experienced the icing. I garage the sleds between weekends, maybe this has something to do with it?
I hope this fixes it for you.:beer;

Premium Features