• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

klim stealth bibs

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
QUESTION: What do you wear under KLIM stealth bibs for warmth. Got a pair not knowing they were Outer shell layer. Can someone give me a clue where to start my layering at to get me started when using these next season. I've always used insulated bibs/cold weather gear. What kind of temps with what base layer. Can I (should I) use sweat pants between base and outer?
I've got Heat Last brand performance base layer, in 3 different weights for "all weather conditions" (cool/cold/extreme condition). Just purchased this to replace thermals (long johns) I've always worn for years.

Appreciate any help

BACK STORY

So I bought these klim stealth bibs on line. Guess I learned a good lesson know what your buying, don't buy cuz of the name everyone says must have gear.
Didn't realize these were non-insulated, outer layer gear. I looked up pricing of the klim stealth before purchase. Saw they were in the $500 range new (these were new never worn, didn't fit seller). Got them for really good price. (probably cuz end of season over here in the flatlands)
I'm "old school" have hard time keeping up with tech advances in gear. I wore Sorels till 4 years ago riding.

Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
QUESTION: What do you wear under KLIM stealth bibs for warmth. Got a pair not knowing they were Outer shell layer. Can someone give me a clue where to start my layering at to get me started when using these next season. I've always used insulated bibs/cold weather gear. What kind of temps with what base layer. Can I (should I) use sweat pants between base and outer?
I've got Heat Last brand performance base layer, in 3 different weights for "all weather conditions" (cool/cold/extreme condition). Just purchased this to replace thermals (long johns) I've always worn for years.

Appreciate any help

BACK STORY

So I bought these klim stealth bibs on line. Guess I learned a good lesson know what your buying, don't buy cuz of the name everyone says must have gear.
Didn't realize these were non-insulated, outer layer gear. I looked up pricing of the klim stealth before purchase. Saw they were in the $500 range new (these were new never worn, didn't fit seller). Got them for really good price. (probably cuz end of season over here in the flatlands)
I'm "old school" have hard time keeping up with tech advances in gear. I wore Sorels till 4 years ago riding.

Thanks in Advance

I use these bibs, and they are awesome! I wear an under armour base layer, and some moisture wicking "fishing" pants from cabelas over the top of those, underneath the stealth bibs, I am always dry and plenty warm with them.

As for sweatpants, I know guys that ride with them under their bibs, but I will not wear any cotton. I would look for something like the fishing pants I wear that wont absorb a ton of moisture if they do happen to get wet. Also wear under armour underwear, it's spendy, but well worth it.

dragonflats

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
st. james mn
I have Klim Freeride pants also uninsulated Under Armour underwear under armour coldgear base layer all I ever wear unless it gets like 10 below

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

C

capulin overdrive

Apr 25, 2010
Stealth are a pretty warm shell.

That said, it's up to the individual after that. I work outside, and love the cold. So don't wear anything but underwear under the Stealth, until it gets below -10 or even -20.

Then I just wear a nice light Polartec type longjohn. So sounds like you're good to go with your deferent base layers to me.

tuneman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2013
Minnesota
www.everettsports.net
What bibs did you have before? If they were some inexpensive insulated bibs, your Klim bibs will actually be warmer, even though they're uninsulated. I wear only mid-weight Merino wool long johns underneath. If it gets to -20, I'll sometimes throw on a pair of sweat pants. Same for my upper half. A long sleeve t-shirt, if it gets really cold. Otherwise just wool long johns under the uninsulated stuff.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
What bibs did you have before? If they were some inexpensive insulated bib, your Klim bibs will actually be warmer, even though they're uninsulated. I wear only mid-weight Merino wool long johns underneath. If it gets to -20, I'll sometimes throw on a pair of sweat pants. Same for my upper half. A long sleeve t-shirt, if it gets really cold. Otherwise just wool long johns under the uninsulated stuff.

I have a pair of Choko (pro-racing) Don't think they'd be considered inexpensive. Don't see them much around here (Choko brand) I grew up on the Canadian border, popular brand back home.

Seeing replies here that I was hoping to see. Was hoping I wouldn't need to have multiple layers under these. But needed to have an idea of a starting point. Hate being cold, or overly warm while riding. Easy enough to adjust upper torso layering. A little harder on the lower.

Premium Features