• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Goggles for Klim F5 Helmet

I
Dec 21, 2016
Got a new Klim F5 helmet for this season and want to add some new goggles into the rotation. Coming off of a SkiDoo XP-R2 carbon helmet, and had good luck with a few pair of Sinister X5’s (clear/smoked polarized/photochromatic), but also have a set of Klim Radius & Doo/Scott goggles. I did not have good luck with the Scotts (fogging/icing), but the Klims were ok. I usually wear a Klim Arctic balaclava.

I understand goggle fit is subjective, but what are some decent options for this helmet I should be looking at that aren’t too high priced?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I am running a set of Klim Edge goggles in my F5 at the moment. I have some Klim Oculas that I also use. All with the Klim Windstopper helmet liner, and a thin Klim balaclava.

But your traditional Smiths and Scotts should fit pretty good, with out breaking the bank.

The F5 does a excellent job of mitigating goggle fogging.

A few things that help regardless of helmet.

Breath box has to go.

Don’t over layer your base layers.

Use coat ventilation when appropriate.

Never pull your goggles down over the front vent area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Have Oculus, Viper Pro, Edge in a F5 - Edge are best. All fit well. Best field of view, lower nose hump, best fit, easiest to change lens = Edge. No reason to look further.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Even using oculus since they came out and live them. Will probably switch over to edge this year. Ever had good luck with 509’s, they giggled like crazy.
Always have used my breath box on my F3 and F5 and never any gif problems.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Thanks for the tips, guys. Will probably try a pair of the Viper Pros.
FWIW, top ram vent on the Viper Pros can be removed (top vent one of the differences between Viper and Viper Pro, another is outriggers). Removing the vent can raise the goggles in the eyeport a few mm, all depends on where your nose sits, fits more like the Oculus. One of the differences in helmet - goggle fit I found between the VPs and Oculus. Viper Pro has a wider horizontal field of view than Oculus. Edge is as wide as a VP, but much bigger/best vertical FOV.

Premium Features