• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM adding HEATED BASELAYERS...

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Dang
Didn't even see that!

OVERRIDE VEST EFIRE​

0.0 star ratingWrite a review
$229.99

• 3423-000_Black_01.jpeg

OVERRIDE VEST EFIRE​

Take the ever-popular insulated Override Jacket and remove the sleeves, add in our new eFire system and you get a heated mid-layer vest that’ll add warmth to any shell. With the addition of heated technology for colder days, the Override Vest eFire features two vertical heat panels on the upper chest and one horizontal panel on the upper back for added warmth. The heating element includes three heat modes – low, medium and high – with long-lasting heating filaments powered by a USB-C charged battery inside the vest’s dedicated battery pouch pocket.

WARNING: Do not use this product in locations that can be submerged by water.
WARNING: Avoid using this product during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lighting.
WARNING: Electronic devices, including heated gloves, eFire base-layers and vests, can cause interference with avalanche transceivers and diminish your ability to conduct a search or be located. To minimize interference, keep a minimum distance between your electronic devices and your avalanche transceiver as follows: in search mode, 20 inches (50cm) and in transmit mode, 8 inches (20cm). Reference the owner’s manual for your avalanche transceiver for additional information

HEAT SYSTEM​

• Heat panels on chest & back (2 upper chest (1 on each side) and 1 horizontal on the mid-upper back)
  • Lighted touch button control on upper right chest (out of the way of backpacks straps, easy to access)
  • 3 Heat modes: high/medium/low (and off)
  • Up to 8 hours on low heat (green light)
  • Up to 3.5 hours on medium heat (blue light)
  • Up to 2.5 hours on high heat (red light)
  • Red-blue-green heat level lighting code
  • USB-C battery with LED battery life indicator
  • USB-C cable included
  • Washer & dryer safe (with battery removed)
  • Dedicated battery pocket
  • Replacement batteries available
May have had a vest and shirt show up at house today. Red gets toasty. May also have ordered a new cat.

ratlover

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 6, 2021
Central IL
Surprises me KLIM chose to go with heated BASE layer rather than heated MID-LAYER.
Would love to know WHY they went that route?

Brilliant if I was selling products. How many days in a row do you want to wear the same base layer compared to midlayer? A thin heated vest that didn’t add much warmth unless on would be something I’d be interested in. If the vest is warm by itself I would probably end up stuffing it in my pack early in the day like I do with my midlayer jacket.

I

inspectorgadget

Sep 30, 2023
Maryland
klim is worth the money for the essential gear that perform well that can't readily be had from repurposing from other uses. I guess really mostly only the suits and boots. If I needed heated gear I'd get a $100 vest from Amazon.

Premium Features