• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Which av pack bca or klim

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
I missed out on a Klim bag at $1000 on marketplace. Only other one I could find is $1150 plus shipping. After reading a bunch of reviews by @Timbre and @christopher I started looking harder at the BCA. Ended up finding it on Up North Sports on sale for $1199, then I called another website to price match to save me the sales tax. Just placed my order a couple minutes ago.

Looking forward to checking it out since I can't find any good video review or really any interior pictures of it online.

Thanks for your help guys!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
snow big deal use code klimgear10 and get 10% off. just ordered my son a new atlas 14 too to replace the old ABS 15 he was using

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I missed out on a Klim bag at $1000 on marketplace. Only other one I could find is $1150 plus shipping. After reading a bunch of reviews by @Timbre and @christopher I started looking harder at the BCA. Ended up finding it on Up North Sports on sale for $1199, then I called another website to price match to save me the sales tax. Just placed my order a couple minutes ago.

Looking forward to checking it out since I can't find any good video review or really any interior pictures of it online.

Thanks for your help guys!
Nice! You will like it :)

MNBlizzard

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2012
Duluth, MN
I just bought the Klim Atlas avy bag this fall during Black Friday at a dealer. After getting it home and charging it up, the air bag compartment zipper blew a tooth on the first pull and will not close. Klim warranty has it now and we’ll see but as with other Klim purchases in the recent years, their quality isn’t quite what it used to be, nor is their customer service.

If I had to buy one again today, I’d get the new BCA bag for the same money.

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
@christopher @Timbre or anyone else with the bca vest…

Where are you mounting the radio? I see the radio pocket inside but I am not finding a way to route the cord to the strap. What am I missing???

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
@christopher @Timbre or anyone else with the bca vest…

Where are you mounting the radio? I see the radio pocket inside but I am not finding a way to route the cord to the strap. What am I missing???
I run the radio in the pocket below the pocket for the mic and I run the wire between the zippers. Our group all can hear well enough to close the zipper on the mic pocket so no snow/ice builds up in there.

titus_4

Doo It Big
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 27, 2019
Indiana
I run the radio in the pocket below the pocket for the mic and I run the wire between the zippers. Our group all can hear well enough to close the zipper on the mic pocket so no snow/ice builds up in there.

You’re talking one of the pockets on the front? That’s where you put the radio?

I should have clarified I’m running a bca 2.0 in my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turbo Thompson

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2021
On top of the mountain
You’re talking one of the pockets on the front? That’s where you put the radio?

I should have clarified I’m running a bca 2.0 in my original post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep I run the mic on my left shoulder and the radio in the pocket directly below that. Both pockets are fully zipped and the wire runs between. I’ve done that for 5 years without issue.

Premium Features