• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro bully dog silber bogging

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
I think the bullydog has nothing to do with it as well. It is just a vehicle to get a tune down loaded into the ecu. Once the tune is downloaded, the bullydog is unplugged from the machine, if you want, otherwise you can leave it plugged in to monitor engine functions.
I think there are variances in the engines, sensors, or ecu's themselves. Maybe its environmental too?? Maybe not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

B

briand

Nov 27, 2007
Rolly View, Alberta, Canada
Sorry to hear the issues, not fun having to do the R&D / set up for the manufacturer as a customer. Typical IMO of a company rushing product to market.

Buy a BD or Boost-it fill up and ride.

I won't jump to fast to say this. I have a boondocker turbo and i am dealing with this bog issue as well. Boondocker hasn't been able to help me out with this. ( EDIT boondocker has been working with me on this very hard and given me advice on mapping numbers to try but it just hasn't worked they feel its not a fueling issues as well). Have tried some things on my own and have had some success but just haven't had the time in the last 2 weeks to do a full weekend test with it. I do feel on my boondocker its not a fuel map issue.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Can you elaborate please? for the people that may be considering this option. As consumers its good to hear both sides.

If you don't want to air please shoot me a PM.

I could be wrong but I think he is simply saying that not everyone is ready to spend anothe $2000+ (I was told it was closer to $2500). I'm one of them. I spent nearly $5k on my turbo, I'm not ready to spend more money to get it going.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT

So much for that...delete..delete..

I sure wish we could hear something from Silber on this. I appreciate that he has one of his dealers working on this, but according to my dealer Silber acts like their kits run great. I will certainly give them a bit more time to solve the problem, but the fact that there are other options available...Well, Vipec has me interested.

I am however, excited to go run mine again and see if the couple changes I made to my fuel and spark plug gap make any difference. Also, going to concentrate to see if I can isolate the hesitation to exact throttle positions to see if I can voluntarily create the stumble. Hopefully others can do the same to see if we can more specifically isolate the issues.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
could some one with a Bullydog setup just go back to Dobeck ?
i wonder what the cost would be ?
maybe this has already been answered if so sorry

let it snow

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
wish someone could try this

Any electronics can have variances or even be defective from new. It seems things are being overlooked and everyone figures it's tuning. Polaris doesn't make different tunes for every sled. Only different tunes for variances in injectors. Maybe the inj aren't flowing the correct amount at a given duty cycle. Or maybe map sensor is reading 10psi when really it's 9 or 11psi, or atmospheric isn't reading correct (which would supply fuel for thevwrong elevation). Or maybe the firmware in the ecu has been corrupted during Reflash. It would be an easy thing for someone with a good running kit and a bad running kit to swap parts and find out what makes the bad runner work and even the good runner act up
up. It would sure be awsome if someone with a good sled and poor sled could do this.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
I have done that. The only thing that stayed consistent is the bad sled always ran bad and the good sled always good. The only parts we didn't swap was the electrical system aside from the ECU :face-icon-small-con

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Here is some more footage from today. As you can see this is hardly what I signed up for when buying this kit. A far cry from the videos posted on Silber's website. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought the kit if they had bragged about how great it is and thrown this link on the site. How about they just send us a Dobeck box while this gets sorted out???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSMhdQvyhkk

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Maybe you need to head east and meet up with us. I have yet to see one run like that. There is definitely something going on. Who installed your kit and is there a Silber dealer near you?

Last edited:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Maybe you need to head east and meet up with us. I have yet to see one run like that. There is definitely something going on. Who installed your kit and is there a Silber dealer near you?

I have to agree. I would be bypassing your tether first. You might have more than 1 problem going on.

J

jay_boom

Dec 15, 2007
Southwestern, AB
Here is some more footage from today. As you can see this is hardly what I signed up for when buying this kit. A far cry from the videos posted on Silber's website. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have bought the kit if they had bragged about how great it is and thrown this link on the site. How about they just send us a Dobeck box while this gets sorted out???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSMhdQvyhkk

Wow, thats much different than any I have heard. I would try and narrow it down a bit more, tether, fuel, plug gap, exhaust valves, fuel pressure, tps .
Good luck, i hope you get it sorted because they do rip when they run!!

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I have done that. The only thing that stayed consistent is the bad sled always ran bad and the good sled always good. The only parts we didn't swap was the electrical system aside from the ECU :face-icon-small-con

Could you help me out and list the silber supplied parts and factory parts that you have swapped without success? Your time is appreciated, thanks.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I do think my tps is out. I will be getting it adjusted tomorrow before riding again on Tuesday. My Pro Armor tether seems to work great. I really think this has nothing to do with is. I have also tried new plugs gapped @ 20 as well as run 2 separate ecu's. Through all of this I have seen no change.

I really want to think it is something specific to my sled/install but everything seems in order. Perhaps this is an issue relating to injectors not all flowing the same?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
This sounds a lot like just hitting the kill switch. Had one last week that was just like hitting the kill switch then just before it would shut right off it would take off again but only for a few seconds before dieing again, it ended up being a faulty TPS wiring harness. I've had a few go throught my shop that had not just bad TPS's but in a couple cases it was just a bad TPS wiring harness. When your sled is hooked up to digital wrench at the dealership have them give the TPS wiring harness a wiggle with your finger. If the reading moves around your harness is probably bad. Also have them do the sweep check while giving the harness a wiggle. If you get spikes only when wiggling the harness it will be bad. Sled and turbo was spot on after replacing the harness.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
This sounds a lot like just hitting the kill switch. Had one last week that was just like hitting the kill switch then just before it would shut right off it would take off again but only for a few seconds before dieing again, it ended up being a faulty TPS wiring harness. I've had a few go throught my shop that had not just bad TPS's but in a couple cases it was just a bad TPS wiring harness. When your sled is hooked up to digital wrench at the dealership have them give the TPS wiring harness a wiggle with your finger. If the reading moves around your harness is probably bad. Also have them do the sweep check while giving the harness a wiggle. If you get spikes only when wiggling the harness it will be bad. Sled and turbo was spot on after replacing the harness.

Wouldn't that be awesome! I will let them know. Thx!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

kgra

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
British Columbia
I am curious to know if This bog/studded that happens in deep snow and climbing several of us are having is only with 2014 sleds or if anyone is experiencing t:face-icon-small-coohis issue with 2013 sleds too? Mine is a 2014.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
ACUTAH, I am sure you would be welcome with open arm and have a place to stay with Greg and Janet they live about 30 minutes from Rabbit ears where Corey rides. Mine had a few bogs in the morning but over all the whole day it ripped. Mine was at 13psi in the morning and I turned it down to 11 and it seemed to be spot on with RPM and it ran much better. I think the bogs I had in the am was due to rev limiter. It still does go rush eventually in a steady WOT climb.

Premium Features