• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

First ride on 24’ boost

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I don’t bog on the trail either.

I was having far less issues than the stock intakes were. I did smash the left side on day two. It’s Tyvek taped for the time being and will go in the trash eventually.
Yeah well when you are upside down off the trail with the intake buried its going to bog. Maybe you should stick to the trail so it doesn't bog? 😏

newfrank

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2013
26 plugs, maybe a bit excessive:) Ethanol free fuel?

26 is excessive I would agree. More than I've ever done in a such a short period of time. Couldn't find any ethanol-free gas in Revelstoke, I don't think you can get it in BC anymore. Also couldn't find any race fuel.

Try to leave your sled running until it gets over 100 degrees in the morning when you start it. Can be tough if you are unloading with anxious friends… reverse will kill the engine, and will likely foul a plug.

The issue is that the plugs foul out within 30 seconds of the first start up in the morning. Without fail, every single morning I would foul both plugs first thing, change them and then I was able to warm up and get riding.

Oh and yes, the bog is real and it got me stuck more than once. Whoever says it isn't a real thing is either lying or not riding in deep snow. None of the doos in our group had it, just my boost and a khaos 850NA.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
26 is excessive I would agree. More than I've ever done in a such a short period of time. Couldn't find any ethanol-free gas in Revelstoke, I don't think you can get it in BC anymore. Also couldn't find any race fuel.

The issue is that the plugs foul out within 30 seconds of the first start up in the morning. Without fail, every single morning I would foul both plugs first thing, change them and then I was able to warm up and get riding.

Oh and yes, the bog is real and it got me stuck more than once. Whoever says it isn't a real thing is either lying or not riding in deep snow. None of the doos in our group had it, just my boost and a khaos 850NA.
That's incredible. 94 from the chevron in town in my 24 and not a hiccup besides det codes on brutally long rallies. Otherwise no plug issues. Or weird stuff.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

Chilly told me that Sicamous has ethanol free and he was correct. Good thing my daughter wasn’t riding with you. She would have hassled the sh!t out of you, having to wait for that many plug changes.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca

I expect your bog and your plug issue are related. My 24 boost has neither problem.

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I expect your bog and your plug issue are related. My 24 boost has neither problem.
Totally agree. Mine don’t have many miles. But it rips and never skipped a beat. My first tank of fuel was 91 non-ethanol with
2 1/2 gallons of Sunoco 110. Probably don’t need that much race gas but it was insane how good it runs.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
If someone is fouling plugs every single startup plus other running issues, you definitely have something bigger going on than fuel type. The fouling plugs on startup is often a bad injector....was common-ish on 2019 vintage 850 RMK's.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Yes, I was told the biggest change for the deep snow bog is the new tune. I really think this track is going to hurt some people this year, especially people who don’t know how to adjust the suspension and have good throttle control. The way the sled comes set up from the factory, on the hill, throttle to the bar, it comes over on you really fast. You have to be in constant awareness with what the sled is doing and the throttle position to keep the front end down and the sled in control. There is no just hold throttle to the bar until you get to the top (like you could with the 2.75”).

You bought a 155 with a turbo and you're surprised it wheelies?

Super disappointed that they finally released a track that hooks up. Sounds horrible!

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yes, I was told the biggest change for the deep snow bog is the new tune. I really think this track is going to hurt some people this year, especially people who don’t know how to adjust the suspension and have good throttle control. The way the sled comes set up from the factory, on the hill, throttle to the bar, it comes over on you really fast. You have to be in constant awareness with what the sled is doing and the throttle position to keep the front end down and the sled in control. There is no just hold throttle to the bar until you get to the top (like you could with the 2.75”).
Rode 3 days with a 155 Khaos Boost 325… guy could not handle it. Took a not so good rider and made him terrible 😂 Could not even climb small hills, was always coming over backwards. He bought the wrong sled… should be on a NA 165 Pro. A little momentum and some throttle control goes a long way. Not the sled for everyone but I loved it… they’re a riot but I would definitely go PRO with the 155 & 325.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Rode 3 days with a 155 Khaos Boost 325… guy could not handle it. Took a not so good rider and made him terrible 😂 Could not even climb small hills, was always coming over backwards. He bought the wrong sled… should be on a NA 165 Pro. A little momentum and some throttle control goes a long way. Not the sled for everyone but I loved it… they’re a riot but I would definitely go PRO with the 155 & 325.
You might have described quite a few 155 Khaos boost riders…….. 😂

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan

We're you the guy parked beside us at Frisby that I sold the BR9EIX plugs to?

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
My Boost fouled the plugs on the bed today when I went to unload. Frigging Polaris junk! 😂 I'm going to go cry to my dealer and see if he will warranty my plugs and change them out for me!
LOL, I stand by the fact that the dealer should have changed that plug given the circumstances.

Premium Features