• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro bully dog silber bogging

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Anyone tried straight 100av with no 91? Pump gas kills race gas or 100av.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
My opinion is to set it up on av gas and go from there. There is to much at stake to cheap out and run pump gas that could be 85 octane with ethanol in it. I have seen fuel heat up in tank and change fuel numbers.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I believe most of us are going off of the fuel numbers that were recommended to us. I was told it was as low as 30% race fuel above 8k. I'm running 50%-70% Av fuel above 10k.

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
If you owned one you would notice it instantly. Mine does the same crap, fine on the trail, who rides those? This weekend it was deep and the only way to prevent the bog was to use 3/4 throttle or less.

Turned up the volume a little, I heard it that time. Hope they get this figured out.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Does silber have numbers and setup for 100av. I have bought 91 non ethanol this year and have had det issue riding pro at sea level. When I have had issues it was normally poor fuel. It's not good that there is this many kits with this problem.

Duramax325

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2011
Minot N.D.
I have a 13 Silber kit that I got tired of messing with all the time. I like a lot of other guys drive 12 plus hours to ride a couldn't have a sled that ran sometimes. needless to say I ended up biting the bullet and calling Cody Phillips and it was the best decision I have ever made. In the group of guys I ride with we now have three Vipecs 2 turboes and 1 big bore and all run flawless. I am not on here to bash anything or anybody in my opinion there is only one way to fuel a turbo sled and that is standalone. I had a 12 pro with a 1,000 miles of no fueling issues had a couple other problems but we won't get into that. just got a brand new 14 a can't wait to hook up with cody and get it rippin. Good luck guys
progress.gif

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
YES! Same here, I had to feather the throttle around 3/4 but not full to not get stuck. Try moving through the trees doing that. Rub your belly, pat your head and click your heels. I found myself staying away from anything that would normally be fun but could get me in trouble.

Put a 3" track on it and it's amazing how fun it can be, even with part throttle. I let a guy ride it Sunday, told him not to use full throttle and he was still grinning after riding it with only part of it's potential.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
Mine has been one of the good ones. I have been running 100 % av and it has been . Going to ween it down to 70 30 tomorrow

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

tdorval

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Red Lodge, MT
Vipec you don't need additional stuff for the ecu to work anymore? I thought by the time it was said and done you were at least $500 more then that. If you get everything you need and the tuning necessary for that price that's good you guys got the price down some. Still more then I could justify, as my Silber is running pretty darn good compared to my last few.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
Tdorval, if we follow turbo kit builder line of thinking(silber in this case) just the ECU is necessary but since they are using factory baro sensor(tmap) in the charge tube , my understanding is it would requiere another tmap(for map sensor and iat sensor) and that is it. As for tuning, the only one charging for it that i am aware of is Cody Philips racing, for the rest of the dealers, since we have so many solid mapping to start with in the dealer network, it doesn't take long to tune any setups therefore not worth charging customers....the rule of thumb is anybody you will by the ECU from will give you 3 hours of tech support included in the price of the ECU, at least that is our suggestion to them and if you buy direct from us, that is how it goes( we sell direct only if you do not have a dealer within 700 miles of your location). For tuning purposes you will requiere an AFR sensor that you can remove once tuned. Once you have a tune, then you forget about it for good and if suddently it is acting funny, look else where but mapping, the logger will point you in the right direction right away and will solve most problems in minutes....one thing though, the ECU can not cure Bad design of non efficient setup nor replace a solid intercooler!

Vi-pec Powersports

S

Spaarky

Oct 5, 2001
Chester, SD
I understand that not every person is 100% satisfied with your $2,000 ECU either. So you don't have any room to bash someone else.

Can you elaborate please? for the people that may be considering this option. As consumers its good to hear both sides.

If you don't want to air please shoot me a PM.

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
IMO the only person riding a perfect sled is Bigfoot. They all have something or other they could do better. Once you get enough of any system out there you are bound to see weird issues. I personally know people who have bought a vipec and been dissapointed and another has described it as the best sled they ever rode. Same guy tuned both sleds. I ride in the same areas as prominent boondocker dealer and see their sleds ripping every day but have sold several pro kits to people who either have a Boondocker kit or their buddies own one and they still want a Silber because they think it ran better. You could find the same results for every kit out there. All the turbo manufacturers and even vipec work extremely hard to deliver something that exceeds your expectations. Our house payments and dinner on the table require it.

Silber is working hard to have the best running kit on the snow just like all the other manufacturers. One of these days were gonna head out looking for Bigfoot and steal his sled!

Last edited:
V

Vi-PEC Powersports

Aug 17, 2011
CANADA
IMO the only person riding a perfect sled is Bigfoot. They all have something or other they could do better. Once you get enough of any system out there you are bound to see weird issues. I personally know people who have bought a vipec and been dissapointed and another has described it as the best sled they ever rode. Same guy tuned both sleds. I ride in the same areas as prominent boondocker dealer and see their sleds ripping every day but have sold several pro kits to people who either have a Boondocker kit or their buddies own one and they still want a Silber because they think it ran better. You could find the same results for every kit out there. All the turbo manufacturers and even vipec work extremely hard to deliver something that exceeds your expectations. Our house payments and dinner on the table require it.

Silber is working hard to have the best running kit on the snow just like all the other manufacturers. One of these days were gonna head out looking for Bigfoot and steal his sled!

Well said Corey, the sports as evolved a lot since 2-3 years and yet no one is perfect or will get to perfection. The industry as now attracted some of the big electronic names and this will benefit the industry therefore benefiting end customers. What is tough these days on this forum is to unmix who's a company nuts swinger or a real end user.....if we, the manufacturer had each our own section on the forums, it would solve much of the problems.....and also be very expensive i guess! We always need to "guard" on snowest because of the said nuts swinger always tweaking the reality in favor of whom they like. Anyway back to the subject.....

Vi-pec Powersports

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
boy sure happy with the dobex box runs good at least I can push buttons and make it run, not go back to the shop and hook it up to a laptop to see what it is doing. Sorry but never been impressed with Bullydog been selling them for years for trucks and there customer service sucks and don't think it would be much better in the sled world.

Does bullydog do the tuning???

J

Jimb

Dec 1, 2007
Sorry to hear the issues, not fun having to do the R&D / set up for the manufacturer as a customer. Typical IMO of a company rushing product to market.

Buy a BD or Boost-it fill up and ride.

Premium Features