• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

14 pro bully dog silber bogging

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
After a week of testing we came up with a map that fixed the sleds we had with us but when fielding them on a larger test group Saturday it fixed one or two but made the others worse. Justin is digging int the root cause of the problem and will determine the best way to correct it. We can send out an update that could make sleds run worse. We are looking into to all options At this point and hope to have something finalized shortly.

I know there Are folks out there who are at their wits end and I am there with you. We spent 7 days of tuning and had something that worked great and that all went south yesterday when we had a larger group try it. Justin is back home now and will get something figured out for us. I am also going to try and fine the commonality of the ones that run and figure out what's different in the ones that don't. At this point that is the best I can do.

adam5187

Lifetime Membership
Nov 14, 2009
You guys will get it. Mine runs good and the odd bog I get is minor. The more time that gets spent on them the better they will get for all of us

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I just had the kit installed and am having major issues with bogging. It's very dangerous as you all know. Mine runs great on the trail with zero issues. It is only under load or in the powder. Is this consistent with everyone else or are you having trail problems as well?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
Same for me. I did get it to run better when I cranked up the boost to 11psi, seemed to go a bit better but still have the bog. Every time it bogs it slowly gets richer until the bog happens around 11.2. I takes longer for it to go fat the more boost i turned up. Mine was really bad at 7 psi no more than 20-30 sec and it would go into the 11's. Now with the boost up around 10-12 it still goes fat but at least I can hold it for 40-50 sec before it creeps into the 11's. I have a boost gauge and an AFR on my sled and will be riding next weekend in togwotee, won't be to happy if there isn't a fix. Been a loyal Silber customer for the past 4 years and the last 2 years have been worse than the first 2. I hope there is a fix soon I drive 1200-1500 miles to ride and really want to have a good running sled. Last trip out west I finally just got out my stock sled to ride so I wouldn't get into trouble with the bog in a bad situation. Very dangerous in my opinion. I am confused why Justin would head back home without getting to the bottom of the problem??? I hope he isn't giving up, he certainly can't test and tune in Minnesota

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Mine seems to be less of a problem at wot and more of an issue brapping the throttle. It does it ALL the time in the powder and under load.

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
I have never noticed that. Once in a while i will have a hesitation bog when I stab it but once its cleaned up i can go on and off throttle with out bogs. The worse part is in a climb when the motor is loaded at Wot, it starts out on my afr perfect 12.5 then as you hold it wide open it slowly starts creeping into the 11's until it bogs. It will be interesting to get the thing in the deep. Most of my rides have been with a bit too much traction so its hard to hold it without getting going to fast. I think they like to run at 12 psi many people have told me this and i am bringing extra weight to make sure its set up perfectly. who knows maybe its clutching/weight sled is pulling etc. I remember ready one time the ecu uses 2 different maps, maybe it switches maps as the motor loads up?

Rick did your run good at WOT? how long could you hold it there? What rpm's did you see at wot? And as the motor loads more did you have good backs hits to hold the correct RPMs

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
At 9psi I am around 7900-8k so I could certainly turn up the boost a bit. I wasn't climbing anything that I could keep it pinned for too long. If I am in and out of the throttle it wouldn't go too long before it would bog. However, when it did bog at wot it would send you over the bars. It stumbles a ton. All in all I would rather ride my TNytro til this is fixed. I was constantly worried about getting into a bad situation and losing it because of a stumble or bog.

I'll go through some of my footage from this weekend and post it up.

snosfun

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
N of Great Falls, MT
Mine seemed to be better yesterday after I turned my boost down to 8 from 10. I shot up some narrow chutes praying it wouldnt cut out on me. It seemed to work better on hard pack with 5 inches of cold snow as well cause the motor wasnt loaded as hard I am guessing. Lots of spinning. Still had an occasional bog on throttle stabs on the trail and pop and fart on the top of long pulls. All In all the guys I rode with were still impressed by how it ran.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Here are a few clips of it stumbling. I didn't have as much footage as I thought. GoPro...
Also, crashing into the tree was rider error and not the fault of the sled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l8LSd5WKsE

Hopefully we can get this figured out soon!

Sidenote...This sled had a borrowed ECU from a friend with the same kit. Silber sent the kit almost 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten my ECU back from them. It will be interesting to see if it performs identically.

Last edited:

akMcat

Lifetime Membership
Apr 24, 2008
Fort Collins, CO
Here are a few clips of it stumbling. I didn't have as much footage as I thought. GoPro...
Also, crashing into the tree was rider error and not the fault of the sled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l8LSd5WKsE

Hopefully we can get this figured out soon!

Sidenote...This sled had a borrowed ECU from a friend with the same kit. Silber sent the kit almost 2 weeks ago and I still haven't gotten my ECU back from them. It will be interesting to see if it performs identically.

Maybe it's just the video, but that sounded pretty good, I didn't hear any stumble or bog

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
In these clips it is there, but it only stutters not bogs. There is a distinct difference in the two. When it runs good it screams, and then all of the sudden...:puke:

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I can hear it almost loading up in your vid. Mine doesn't quite make that goat of a sound, only when I hammer it from a off throttle position. I hope Corey can figure it out soon, although us Alaskans don't have any dang snow to ride on anyways!

Boston Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado Springs, CO
Bullydog limits access to the tuning software so I cannot see or change the map. I know that mapping on some sleds works so the best I can do is try to find out whats different between the ones that do and the ones that don't run. I know Justin is working diligently to come to a solution but it will take time. I know folks are frustrated but if he sent out what worked for us this weekend folks would be even more up in arms. I seen the new map work on 3 sleds and then not work on the other three that were not with us during the week. The end result may be adding some kind of adjustability but its still too soon to tell.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I could hear the stutter in that video clip. Mine runs awesome on the trail with no load. But in the deep snow it really acts like it is getting too much fuel and/or not enough air. I constantly keep the intake clean though so I doubt it is that. We have had 4-5 feet of fresh powder here in Colorado this week.

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
Help me clear this up in my head...When the Bullydog program was written;
1. At what elevations was it tested?
2. At what boost levels?
3. What mixture of race gas/pump gas was used?

What I'm wondering is how big of an impact could the race/pump mix have on the driveability of the sled? Could this have something to do with our problem, vs. those that are running great?

I only took mine out for one weekend and ran a heavy mix of 70% race gas ~9lbs of boost from 8-10k'. I was told to run it this way to start as a safety precaution until we verified my boost levels. Any thoughts on the change I might see when I run the recommended 20-30% race mix?

What mixture are you guys running along with boost and elevation variables?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm running around 50% Av fuel and we ride 10k or better most of the time. I was afraid to run any less since I'm using Av fuel instead of race (10 octane or so difference).

friscospices.com

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Nebraska
www.friscospices.com
I ran 30% 110 and 91 in Laramie 10k + and turned up my boost to get 8200 rpm. So in the end I was running 11psi and it seemed to run best after I got above 8psi. So I plan on running 30% race and 10psi in Togwotee. The bottom and mid seemed to be better than when I ran 50/50 in Togwotee last month.

J

jeepin270

Aug 27, 2009
Maine
Is there anyway you guys could put a piggyback controller on? Seems like you all are running to rich. I know all to well how frustrating it is to buy a kit that doesn't run well, it sucks... I hope they get something figured out for you, season is to short to be having these problems.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Maybe it's just the video, but that sounded pretty good, I didn't hear any stumble or bog

If you owned one you would notice it instantly. Mine does the same crap, fine on the trail, who rides those? This weekend it was deep and the only way to prevent the bog was to use 3/4 throttle or less.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
If you owned one you would notice it instantly. Mine does the same crap, fine on the trail, who rides those? This weekend it was deep and the only way to prevent the bog was to use 3/4 throttle or less.

YES! Same here, I had to feather the throttle around 3/4 but not full to not get stuck. Try moving through the trees doing that. Rub your belly, pat your head and click your heels. I found myself staying away from anything that would normally be fun but could get me in trouble.

Premium Features