• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XR 4-stroke 1200 TURBOS!

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
I dont know much but somw guys in canada said the fueling was messed up the way they add fuel. but other than that that is all i know and that might be a rumor. The vids look good though.

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
2 cly

I personally unhooked a couple of Rapidbikes on NYTRO'S last winter. They all seemed to only run on 2 cylinders. Once the Rapidbike was unhooked the sled seemed to run/idle just fine.

I have no idea if and what the did to get them fixed as I was not riding with them just happed to be riding by or in the parking lot..

Isn't there a plug you use on the tnyro to disable one cyl. when you race DOO's!!!!!! OK OK...actually there seemed to be moisture problems on some sleds , at least I had the issue with moisture in some connections. Running on 2 cylinders was not a sympton tho. Dilectric grease was the solution for me and repositioning of the factory relay set-up was recomended to be moved so it would not lay in snow/ice that would build up in the lower front end area.
Turbo 1200 Doo could be a real winner, hope it has good reviews after season 2.

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
A friend just told me about "push" turbo kits, and they have one for the XR for 4800 bucks. It doesn't say how much HP, torque, boost, etc. so I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about them. It looks like they primarily deal in arctic cat. If anyone has any more info on them I'd like to hear it. Thanks

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Rapid Bike Nytro

I personally unhooked a couple of Rapidbikes on NYTRO'S last winter. They all seemed to only run on 2 cylinders. Once the Rapidbike was unhooked the sled seemed to run/idle just fine.

I have no idea if and what the did to get them fixed as I was not riding with them just happed to be riding by or in the parking lot..

Only problem with rapid bike was how some guys mounted box and wire harness getting water and then they could drop a cyl and miss fire.

1200 Turbo powered by Mcx.

Hi.

I am running a mcx kit on my gade 1200 and it works great. I am running about 12-14psi boost and I will change the pistons and the rods to be running about 20psi this winter. I am also using the stock clutch wothout non problems yet. We are also having a coupple of kits with the aerocharger 66 turbo but those big turboes have more lag than the smal I am having on mine.

DSC00109.jpg DSC00096 (2).jpg DSC00097.jpg

Last edited:
E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Hi.

I am running a mcx kit on my gade 1200 and it works great. I am running about 12-14psi boost and I will change the pistons and the rods to be running about 20psi this winter. I am also using the stock clutch wothout non problems yet. We are also having a coupple of kits with the aerocharger 66 turbo but those big turboes have more lag than the smal I am having on mine.

Did you get a re- map with mcx? My buddy is building one and would like to be able to crank it up as well. The mcx kit is very nice and clean i must say. Ill try to get him to post some pics of his sled once the skid is in, Its about as nice looking as a 1200 doo can get.

Did you get a re- map with mcx? My buddy is building one and would like to be able to crank it up as well. The mcx kit is very nice and clean i must say. Ill try to get him to post some pics of his sled once the skid is in, Its about as nice looking as a 1200 doo can get.

He is using his own made efi box with 3 extra injectors using boost pressure to delivere fuel according to the boost.

S
Mar 31, 2008
Can not wait to get my P.L. kit for my 1200 Doo!! They are the best hands down!! And the RB3 is the best too ran one all year on my S.C. Nytro and my buddy has one on has NA Nytro!! Dave is the best keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!

Skydog/ Matt for ILL P.S. I would if one of those air boxes in that pic are mine!!!:D:D THEY LOOK SO SO SWEEET!!!!!

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Can not wait to get my P.L. kit for my 1200 Doo!! They are the best hands down!! And the RB3 is the best too ran one all year on my S.C. Nytro and my buddy has one on has NA Nytro!! Dave is the best keep it up!!!!!!!!!!!

Skydog/ Matt for ILL P.S. I would if one of those air boxes in that pic are mine!!!:D:D THEY LOOK SO SO SWEEET!!!!!

Have you rode both PL and MCX kits for the 1200 doo to say PL is the best? I am curious what your experience/difference between the two that makes the PL kit better? Not being an ***, I am looking at a Renegade 1200 that will be stretched out to a 162 and am looking at different turbo kits for it. I saw Gristle boys's MCX 1200 last year and it was impressive. Seemed to run really well.

Last edited:

brycter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
West Haven, Utah
www.turboboys.net
When you talk about 1200 kits there is a wide range of options and styles. I would look at all the different kits out there and then choose which on fits you style. Are you going to install it yourself? how much performance do you like? Do you want all the bells and whistles? I really don't think that there is a kit out there that is bad or that you will be dissapointed in. everyone has put alot of time in to their kits and they all work good. Alot of guys are seeing the monster chute vid and picking their next kit from that. Most guys can't ever ride that terrain.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
Have you rode both PL and MCX kits for the 1200 doo to say PL is the best? I am curious what your experience/difference between the tow that makes the PL kit better?

X2 i would like to hear your experience with this kit and sled Skydog. Correct me if im wrong but i do not think there is many powderlites out there running with many miles logged on. So how is it there the best? has any one compared the different turbo choices out there because there is a few wich all look good. And compared in the snow not dyno #s that have proven to mean **** The powderlites may work flawless ,but that can only be proven in time. I to have no seat time on this sled, like you most likely do not. Although, i will when the snow flies seeing my buddy is just finished his 1200 mcx. I can tell ya the MCX kit is clean and every thing fit and i will bet it is going to run and run clean off the bat.So no re-maps like what went on last year with the nytro.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Hey - it's absolutely great that there are several kits available - Turbo Performance, Powderlites, FullPowerPerformance, MCX.....others....

Rather than kicking around who's is "better", maybe share some of your experience with the ones you've been on or own.

Its great that several of the kit builders are on here and offer info!

Each kit seems to have fairly substantial differences - types & configurations of turbos, airboxes (or not), fuel systems, etc...

Couldn't be a better time to own a 1200 Doo.

;-)

1500psi

Lifetime Membership
Feb 11, 2008
power commander

WOW sorry PL didnt mean to pinch a nerve, i know why they refer to u as Super Dave now. The failure rate is posted on totally yamaha for everyone to see nothing seems to be fabricated , i have 2 rapid bikes here member. The statement i made was simply constructive critisism very debatable , big difference from bashing . Power commander has 1 upped rapid bike with all the same features plus real time data display,plus on board data logging,plus the availability to switch between multiple stored maps,etc. msrp value 269.00 WOW. Sell the back packs that hold the lap tops not required lol. If i stepped up and was honest my conduct would be no better than yours so i decline, we have 5 or 6 mcx kits in the area now and 1 nytro kit, surely not as much hp or as fast as the PL kit but piece of mind with lots of miles planned this coming season
How did they one up rb3 when this has no timing control and that price is about 1/3 of what the whole deal costs...It looks like a good controller for a two stroke arctic cat tho but hasnt been proven, it doesn't compare and the screen is so small you could NEVER read it riding my apex, lol

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
How did they one up rb3 when this has no timing control and that price is about 1/3 of what the whole deal costs...It looks like a good controller for a two stroke arctic cat tho but hasnt been proven, it doesn't compare and the screen is so small you could NEVER read it riding my apex, lol
look again, and please do tell us how ure able to read your rb3 while riding LOL

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
Yes, what I am looking for is peoples experiences with the 1200 and a turbo, I was asking what makes PL the best compared to for example MCXpress and the other kits, not just because you bought the kit, Skydog did you ever ride/compare any kits before you got a PL kit?

Last edited:
S
Mar 31, 2008
On the P.L. kit i feel it is the best kit out for me for a few reasons. One customer service is huge for me! Dave has helped me many times on a kit that was not his! Love the RB3!!!!! and the fact that it comes with bigger injectors from the get go is huge! Dont like to add any more just go bigger than the stock. (less parts, less problems you should have) Love the header and turbo set up he is using, the ported and coated ex housing is huge. The divorced down pipe is killer and love the Hindle muffler. On the intake side his air box is a thing of art!! Dave Dunn is doing all the testing for US flat landers!! That is HUGE to me. I dont ride the step and deep. The MCXPRESS turbo kit looks very nice too that would be my 2nd choice for sure.

Thank you Skydog

Premium Features