• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XR 4-stroke 1200 TURBOS!

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
Powder Lites Turbo kit comes with Rapid Bike software to adjust maps or down load new maps in the furture.
Yes customer can change timing or fuel and setup RPM hold/Stutter.
www.powderlites.com
For those who didnt see bennets 4 stroke at dynotech they deserve alot credit for sharing the 400 rpm increase with their 1200 . according to the yamaha forums the rapid bike has an high failure rate with winters as short as they are over here ide be skeptikal of having too much downtime. On the other hand this is what we will be looking at on our dash all the features of rapid bike, haltech , plus this

P

powderlites

Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous, BC Canada
www.powderlites.com
Skidoo Rapid Bike

Why are you saying high failure rates? CS1006 We haven't had much trouble at all and most is install. Do you have Power Comander working for skidoo?
Are you new dealer and doing research on ignition timing control?
Have you ever used Rapid Bike?
Please don't bash when you haven't even seen it work!
We have what we feel is the best EFI system for Skidoo and Greg Bennett is working with PowderLites using Rapid Bike and our Airbox assembly.
Most of the guys that know or have seen our products will respect the hard work that we have put into R & D with SkiDoo 1200 turbo kit.
How many other companies have been trying to copy and buy our products and engineer it?
Bring out your R & D Skidoo 1200 that is working and show us some pictures and hp graphs from a Dyno that you have the better mouse trap.
Are you choke that Dunn Performance wouldn't sell you a kit from Powder Lites?
Step up and be honest Kevin and don't bash because you have a problem with playing straight.
Dave Forsyth @ Powder Lites

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
It's nice to see other builders post info and share their ideas with others on the forums. I personally enjoy reading about other options being offered to the consumer. I feel you guys are working hard at delivering a great product for the four stroke Skid-Doos and all I can say is keep up the good work:beer;.

Dave

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
To stay positive - what is the nature of the RB3 failures you are seeing?

Maybe others are as well (or not), and someone can contact RB to address the problem.

I like the respectable tone , and good info shared here by all.

MD.

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
I agree opions are welcome based on fact and getting a solution. and its easy to tell the bashers and if they cant hang and give straight answers they are only hurting there own good name:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
For those who didnt see bennets 4 stroke at dynotech they deserve alot credit for sharing the 400 rpm increase with their 1200 . according to the yamaha forums the rapid bike has an high failure rate with winters as short as they are over here ide be skeptikal of having too much downtime. On the other hand this is what we will be looking at on our dash all the features of rapid bike, haltech , plus this

I've only heard of one RB3 fail, I've been running one probably longer than anyone. This is the 3rd season on my original. Mine has been sitting in the nose of my sled in snow/ice/water etc from the very beginning. :D

I

IMSICK

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 16, 2007
Canada
i've only heard of one rb3 fail, i've been running one probably longer than anyone. This is the 3rd season on my original. Mine has been sitting in the nose of my sled in snow/ice/water etc from the very beginning. :d
you are fat and stand to far back on your sled causing the nose to stick up thus avoiding tree damage...... Friggin wellsite supervisors!!!!

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
you are fat and stand to far back on your sled causing the nose to stick up thus avoiding tree damage...... Friggin wellsite supervisors!!!!

Learned from the best !!

:p

C

cs1006

Jan 1, 2008
Why are you saying high failure rates? CS1006 We haven't had much trouble at all and most is install. Do you have Power Comander working for skidoo?
Are you new dealer and doing research on ignition timing control?
Have you ever used Rapid Bike?
Please don't bash when you haven't even seen it work!
We have what we feel is the best EFI system for Skidoo and Greg Bennett is working with PowderLites using Rapid Bike and our Airbox assembly.
Most of the guys that know or have seen our products will respect the hard work that we have put into R & D with SkiDoo 1200 turbo kit.
How many other companies have been trying to copy and buy our products and engineer it?
Bring out your R & D Skidoo 1200 that is working and show us some pictures and hp graphs from a Dyno that you have the better mouse trap.
Are you choke that Dunn Performance wouldn't sell you a kit from Powder Lites?
Step up and be honest Kevin and don't bash because you have a problem with playing straight.
Dave Forsyth @ Powder Lites
WOW sorry PL didnt mean to pinch a nerve, i know why they refer to u as Super Dave now. The failure rate is posted on totally yamaha for everyone to see nothing seems to be fabricated , i have 2 rapid bikes here member. The statement i made was simply constructive critisism very debatable , big difference from bashing . Power commander has 1 upped rapid bike with all the same features plus real time data display,plus on board data logging,plus the availability to switch between multiple stored maps,etc. msrp value 269.00 WOW. Sell the back packs that hold the lap tops not required lol. If i stepped up and was honest my conduct would be no better than yours so i decline, we have 5 or 6 mcx kits in the area now and 1 nytro kit, surely not as much hp or as fast as the PL kit but piece of mind with lots of miles planned this coming season

T
Jul 21, 2008
www.turboboyz.com
we have not got into the bikeman yet. Because most customers dont know what to do with all that info. Sure if you want the biggest, baddest most hp. then that is good info but for most customers it just confuses them and then liability comes back on us as builders. We use the attiude box and that seems to be a main stay throught the turbo industry.

Going to be a fun year

M
Nov 26, 2007
Crested Butte, CO
Ok, so before everyone gets all twisted up.

cs1006 - it looks like you're selling these nice new units, or have some faith in them, so like Dave you have a stake in the success of your product. That's all good.

Dave @ PL is working hard to produce something that works well, as are other kit builders. Some parental pride is expected.

For those of us who are not TY users, can you briefly explain what the nature of the failures were on the RB3 units?

Was it production quality, design issues, installation, field use?

Are there remedies?

Is the only solution for all kit builders to move to using your product?
Maybe that is warranted, I'm sure its a great product, but as the only solution - that seems a bit premature.

Thanks in Advance!

MtnDoo

Last edited:
S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
WOW sorry PL didnt mean to pinch a nerve, i know why they refer to u as Super Dave now. The failure rate is posted on totally yamaha for everyone to see nothing seems to be fabricated , i have 2 rapid bikes here member. The statement i made was simply constructive critisism very debatable , big difference from bashing . Power commander has 1 upped rapid bike with all the same features plus real time data display,plus on board data logging,plus the availability to switch between multiple stored maps,etc. msrp value 269.00 WOW. Sell the back packs that hold the lap tops not required lol. If i stepped up and was honest my conduct would be no better than yours so i decline, we have 5 or 6 mcx kits in the area now and 1 nytro kit, surely not as much hp or as fast as the PL kit but piece of mind with lots of miles planned this coming season

my pl sled has over 1000 miles no issues its in the new mmm 7 film went over monster chute on 10 psi heres my dyno so nothing to hide;) here can we see yours are you doing anything with the 1200? just curious :face-icon-small-hap:beer;

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
why can't we see Bennits turbo???? its not we dont this isnt a thread for just Powder Lite I seen a couple others sharing what they got lets see it all!!!
it Turbo building not the race to the moon :face-icon-small-hap:beer;

Hey cs1006 if you got something to share dont d!ck around ;)

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
since you posted this thread you gotta give us the skinny on yours:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

Not too much to tell yet. I've got a 154 hillclimb skid and track on it with the tunnel extension. I've been in contact with a guy that will bring a narrow a-arms set to the Denver snow show. And as far as turbos go:

There's a guy named Ian on dootalk that has a lot of experience in turbos. He's putting out a turbo for the 1200 and I'll probably go through him. He goes by Turbo89 on dootalk. Can anyone vouch for him?

S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
Not too much to tell yet. I've got a 154 hillclimb skid and track on it with the tunnel extension. I've been in contact with a guy that will bring a narrow a-arms set to the Denver snow show. And as far as turbos go:

There's a guy named Ian on dootalk that has a lot of experience in turbos. He's putting out a turbo for the 1200 and I'll probably go through him. He goes by Turbo89 on dootalk. Can anyone vouch for him?

yeh i need a set too if you come across any more..... yeh I remeber seeing his post on dootalk there a bunch of guys on doo talk I know Janety racing might know him..... sounds like your getting close you guys got snow yet?:face-icon-small-hap:beer;

DenverR1

Premium Member
Dec 10, 2007
Denver, CO
We do, but I don't know how much. Looking at the mountains they look nicely snowcapped. And we should be getting more soon. I think it's going to be a good season!

W

Washy

Feb 14, 2008
Langdon
I personally unhooked a couple of Rapidbikes on NYTRO'S last winter. They all seemed to only run on 2 cylinders. Once the Rapidbike was unhooked the sled seemed to run/idle just fine.

I have no idea if and what the did to get them fixed as I was not riding with them just happed to be riding by or in the parking lot..

Last edited:
S
Feb 4, 2008
washington
I just realised it.....;)

hey anybody reading this can we hear from the guys who did the mcx kits

its just been such a mistery....I know they are out there people building them seen vids of them.... they were my first choice last year but it was hard to get feed back still is.

are they holding back cuz the sleds new?

is there something big coming out?

any news?

Premium Features