• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP T3 spindle update

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
So after first ride on snow the spindles help with keeping skis straight on trail with bumps. Seems more effortless to get on edge even with S-36. Now the problem is the steering radius. The steering is about half or little less now.

My thought is to modify the a arm before trying to modify the spindle. There is a "bump stop" that is welded on the a arm and thinking to grind it off. Also looking closer today noticed there is some "extra meat" around the balljoint where it's welded and also thinking of cleaning it up by grinding it down a little. What I did see today is that the lower balljoint on the new T3 seems taller?

Any thoughts?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Any pictures to help explain, seen he new t3 and was thinking if it had to only work with the new A arm or could they work on the older style as well?

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Shocks are longer on the RAS and ride height is taller, due to a-arm geometry. I'll bet that has a lot to do with the steering issue. Grinding the spindles won't get you much more rotation, without compromising the integrity. Get XM spindles and be done with it.

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
**** don't say that!!! Anyone want to trade T3 spindles for XM?? After looking at it more it makes me nervous to grind on the a arm. Sucks cause they were real nice but need to be able to turn.

Would all XM spindles work on XP with S-36? Or is it just certain year?

Last edited:
J

joshua335

Nov 26, 2007
Calgary, AB
**** don't say that!!! Anyone want to trade T3 spindles for XM?? After looking at it more it makes me nervous to grind on the a arm. Sucks cause they were real nice but need to be able to turn.

Would all XM spindles work on XP with S-36? Or is it just certain year?

XM spindles are all the same. Running some on my XP with S36

W

wakeska813

Nov 5, 2011
I just put the ras 2 on my sled it's awesome

You still have your old XM spindles? I got a pair of T3 spindles with one ride for trade;) gonna put my old ones back on for the time being and hopefully will start snowing again:)

Premium Features