• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP 800 SLP pipe to a Super Q Can, anybody run this combo?

B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
I'm thinkin that I'd like to buy the Super Q can, I already have the SLP pipe but the SLP can is a little quieter and bigger than my liking. So had a look and the Super Q is the way I want to go.

What's it take or will the Super Q match up easily to the SLP pipe without issue . Is it just a case of a set of longer springs or are the flanges the same size or maybe some tack welds are needed in order for mounting points to line up. Truth is... I have no clue whatsoever!

Do YOU? I can't be the only one that wants to run this combination!

Thanks

Last edited:
B

Bburrap

Dec 1, 2008
Squamish BC
Deflecting snow?

I ran my sled this way last year. Fits right on with no issues. You will just need to make a plate to deflect snow from getting into the chassis. The SLP fits real nice and snug. The Q fits sorta odd but sounds way better.

800 miles plus, no issues.

By making a plate to deflect the snow, is this what you had meant? www.slp.cc/catalog.cfm?pageID=detail&catalogID=4&catID=29&productID=425
Just a right angle, thats easy.
I think it is but thought I'd ask to be clear. So no issues whatsoever? Thats awesome thanks for the feedback.

Good to hear.:beer;

Last edited:

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
TA,
Did you notice any gain our loss when switch form the slp can to the hps can?

I have the slp y pipe, pipe, can combo on right now. but I do have a hps can as well. I tried it earlier this year on the jack stand, and it did not want to rev right. The motor may have needed more time to warm up, than with the slp can. But since it was not sounding healthy I took it back off for the ride the next day. Thanks for any info

Premium Features