• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2019 Axys 800 with Pipe and Power Commander Fuel Controller

N
Sep 27, 2015
Hi guys,

Question for you about fueling on a 2019 Axys RMK 800 155. I'm looking to put a pipe on the sled and got a good deal on an SSI pipe that I plan to try. What i'm wondering about is the fueling on 2019 models. Looking thru literature of other aftermarket companies (SLP) I see that 2015-2017 require the use of a resistor while 2018-2019 do not require the use of the resistor. I also know 2018 and 2019 use a different EGT probe with a different thread, and thus require a different pipe part number. My understanding is the geometry of the pipe is the same with a different EGT bung. Given the pipe geometry is the same, and pre 2018 require a resistor, I am lead to believe the 2018-2019 have different fueling characteristics than pre-2018.

so, I bought an SSI pipe and PCFC to adjust fueling only. I've read all the threads about the SSI "pipe-mod" causing detonation issues and I plan to try to combat that with the PCFC. I also purchased the stainless SSI stainless pipe, not the mod itself. I'm not sure if there have been any tweaks on the stand-alone pipe as compared to the mod to combat this. That said, all the threads i've found are talking about pre-2018 models. Attached is some info I dug up that shows fueling and timing changes when using the SSI pipe mod on a 2016 (again not sure if this is the same geometry as the stainless pipe) but it's all i've been able to dig up so far. I don't have timing adjustment but want to use the map below as a base. Notice that the map is for a 2016 machine, not 2019, so i'm trying to figure out how relevant it is for my sled. Anyone have any insight on this?

Last question - Is anyone running a pipe on a 2018+ machine with a PCFC? If so can you share what pipe you're running and what your map looks like on the PCFC?

curve ssi.png Screenshot_20200911-235712.png Screenshot_20200911-235726.png

R
Sep 28, 2009
Last question - Is anyone running a pipe on a 2018+ machine with a PCFC? If so can you share what pipe you're running and what your map looks like on the PCFC?
[/QUOTE]
I ran Bikeman on my 16-19 800 axy and SSI in 18 & 19 They act and perform different. I use DoBeck with a specific map. Just fuel on stock machine. ( no timing or resistor) I want the "on the Go", adjustment instead of Lap top. I ride mostly 4-6 elevation and adjust half light every 2k feet. climb leaner -- mostly full throttle, slight mid.

P
Dec 27, 2014
Hi guys,

Question for you about fueling on a 2019 Axys RMK 800 155. I'm looking to put a pipe on the sled and got a good deal on an SSI pipe that I plan to try. What i'm wondering about is the fueling on 2019 models. Looking thru literature of other aftermarket companies (SLP) I see that 2015-2017 require the use of a resistor while 2018-2019 do not require the use of the resistor. I also know 2018 and 2019 use a different EGT probe with a different thread, and thus require a different pipe part number. My understanding is the geometry of the pipe is the same with a different EGT bung. Given the pipe geometry is the same, and pre 2018 require a resistor, I am lead to believe the 2018-2019 have different fueling characteristics than pre-2018.

so, I bought an SSI pipe and PCFC to adjust fueling only. I've read all the threads about the SSI "pipe-mod" causing detonation issues and I plan to try to combat that with the PCFC. I also purchased the stainless SSI stainless pipe, not the mod itself. I'm not sure if there have been any tweaks on the stand-alone pipe as compared to the mod to combat this. That said, all the threads i've found are talking about pre-2018 models. Attached is some info I dug up that shows fueling and timing changes when using the SSI pipe mod on a 2016 (again not sure if this is the same geometry as the stainless pipe) but it's all i've been able to dig up so far. I don't have timing adjustment but want to use the map below as a base. Notice that the map is for a 2016 machine, not 2019, so i'm trying to figure out how relevant it is for my sled. Anyone have any insight on this?

i run a ssi pipe with pcv fuel/timing map on my 2015 swb and is amazing but i had to remove the thermostat to stay away from deto .The new head on the 2018+ axys will probably work better for the ddeto problem

P
Dec 27, 2014
I ran Bikeman on my 16-19 800 axy and SSI in 18 & 19 They act and perform different. I use DoBeck with a specific map. Just fuel on stock machine. ( no timing or resistor) I want the "on the Go", adjustment instead of Lap top. I ride mostly 4-6 elevation and adjust half light every 2k feet. climb leaner -- mostly full throttle, slight mid.
[/QUOTE]
Hi guys,

i also want to put this combo on my 2019 and i can't found any map fuel to fit with those year...

R
Sep 28, 2009
I carry extra controllers for both 800 and 850, Just the Plug ends are different. I have bikeman, and SSI on each of my two 800s and the tune is a little different due to design. Both work well, I thought SSI worked better at High elevation. The 850 has Bikeman

D
Nov 3, 2019
www.banditsolutions.ca
SSI Pipe and can on my 18 PCFC And present map, right from BD-Extreme barely any fuel added only in top rpm full throttle. Now unsure if its right? My sled has 2000mi with this pipe. But rigght now, more rpm at 90% throttle than 100% But motor mounts are sacked. Unsure if that the cause. The SSI pipe LOVES heat, but is slow to heat up.

Untitled.png

Premium Features