• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wrap Experts

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Question for the wrap experts out there.

Have you ever put a wrap over the top of factory decals? Is there any problem in doing so? Can the wrap be removed afterwards to return the sled to stock livery?

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
I've done a few different wraps but certainly am not an expert. What I've learned is this:
  • Depending on the thickness of the wrap and thickness of the decal, you'll see the outlines of the decal under the wrap. It shows more on matte wraps, like the "Ski Doo" along the hood for instance will stand out under a wrap
  • If you put a part of wrap on incorrectly and have to pull it up to realign it, the adhesive may grab onto the decal and then you could have issues
  • Most wrap companies are now using an air-entrained adhesive that works really really great for pulling off an realigning! They're also extremely easy to remove! Removal time will depend on how you've installed it (like removing linq adapters while wrapping tunnel) but they're quick to remove and aren't like the old wet application wraps they did back in the day.
Personally I remove all of the tunnel and panel decals, and the reflectors on the bottom pan. Make sure to take a picture of your VIN tag. I leave the SKI DOO on the hood and just wrap over it, but as stated about you can see the outline if you're looking for it but that doesn't bother me much.

Premium Features