• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wraps.....Any better than the other?

IFlyEm

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 1, 2008
Temecula, CA
So I am starting to get the wrap laid out for my spring check. In the past I have done a couple sleds with ArcticFX. I have absulely no complaints about them at all. However, I am noticing a couple other brands that have a few designs that I like. Namely ECD and Deviant Ink. So my question is are any brands better than the others? I did notice that ECD uses an air release vinyl so that would be pretty nice. Though I really haven't had any bubbles in my ArcticFX wraps.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Deviant 2.png

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
So I am starting to get the wrap laid out for my spring check. In the past I have done a couple sleds with ArcticFX. I have absulely no complaints about them at all. However, I am noticing a couple other brands that have a few designs that I like. Namely ECD and Deviant Ink. So my question is are any brands better than the others? I did notice that ECD uses an air release vinyl so that would be pretty nice. Though I really haven't had any bubbles in my ArcticFX wraps.

Anyone have any thoughts?
I have personally seen some ecd wraps that have peeled a bit. Can't attest to how well prepped they were though. Arcticfx seem to hold up pretty well, never seen a deviant one up close. I've seen some scs wraps peel that were put on by scs themselves (their shop is like 8 miles from my house-lot of people locally use them but I won't).

jdog1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
I have had both articfx and deviant. I will go back to articfx. Quality is better and didn’t peel at all.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I’ve used quite a few arctic Fx and deviant wraps. If you’re peeling, it’s installer error plain and simple. If you prepair the surface correctly and post heat it, it won’t peel under normal use. They are both very good wrap companies, go with the one with the design you little.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Arctic FX def has really good templating on the Polaris sleds and the quality is awesome. Honestly at this point any halfway legit vinyl company should be able to make a quality product it comes down to the detail in the templating and then obviously their ability to hit what you want for design.

Prep and applying them wet makes it really easy to get the bubbles out no matter the brand.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Arctic FX def has really good templating on the Polaris sleds and the quality is awesome. Honestly at this point any halfway legit vinyl company should be able to make a quality product it comes down to the detail in the templating and then obviously their ability to hit what you want for design.

Prep and applying them wet makes it really easy to get the bubbles out no matter the brand.
The wet technique does work well. The wraps i have done were rehab wraps (which no longer exists) and they included their own wet application spray. The one we still have has no peeling issues after 4 seasons.

I do remember seeing something about the design of the underside on new ArcticFx wraps having a sort of grid pattern that makes it easy to squeegee air out even with a dry application

Premium Features