• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Widening a IQ boards with the RAW better boards?

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
I was looking at Robs Raw chassis boards and thinking about putting them on a earlier IQ. It looks like all I will have to do is pull the cooler tubes out to the appropriate width by building a new mtg block for them at the rear then the shortage in the base should be covered by the board. Anybody doo this?

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
Sounds a little scary but it might work. I have seen a set of aftermarket boards that go over the top of the existing and extend outward more than the stockers if you're just looking for wider. Good luck whichever way you do it!

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I got some measurments from Rob and looks like it will work out but was not sure bout bending the cooler tubes. I will get some pics when I doo it.

Use a tube bender ... aluminum does not bend well. Heat it if possible. Even fill it with sand so it does not kink.

Where are you bending it and why?

R
Mar 2, 2008
Kindred, ND
when you bend your tubes be careful that you dont overheat if you do choose to heat them to get them to bend. If you do heat with an oxy acetylene torch use just the acetylene to make the aluminum black with carbon then add the oxygen to burn the carbon off then its a perfect temp to bend. If you don't use heat be careful so you don't crack your tubes.

H
Nov 9, 2001
Lincoln Nebraska
when you bend your tubes be careful that you dont overheat if you do choose to heat them to get them to bend. If you do heat with an oxy acetylene torch use just the acetylene to make the aluminum black with carbon then add the oxygen to burn the carbon off then its a perfect temp to bend. If you don't use heat be careful so you don't crack your tubes.

tks....^^^^^^good info

Premium Features