• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

who ordered a 24 shredder?

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
did yours come with a brake reservoir protector? picked up my RE and told the dealer to get me one because with the new brake the tki i have sitting around doesnt fit and he showed in the parts book that the ds and re come standard with it and my kids boondocker also had one

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
did yours come with a brake reservoir protector? picked up my RE and told the dealer to get me one because with the new brake the tki i have sitting around doesnt fit and he showed in the parts book that the ds and re come standard with it and my kids boondocker also had one
HMM I just went out to the shop and looked, my 2024 RE Turbo 3900 does not have a protector. It is metal though. Where my old doo was plastic, and I snapped it off before. Now you got me wondering.... Could have sworn it was supposed to be a default thing. It was default on my 2022 lynx.

Edit: I went and re-did my build on the website and I don't see it anywhere. I guess I just assumed it had it because my 2022 BoonDocker had one. It is metal at least but I don't even see any accessory in the options for a protector.

1701907879581.png

Last edited:
K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon

Page 37.. it says its only for Raiden2/Raiden with standard controls on handlebar.. I have adjustable brake lever, which the reservoir is Metal so I guess doesn't need it? ( I don't think you can even get a shredder without adjustable brake lever? )

Confusing lol
1701908958737.png

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
Looked again at mine, the adjustable brake lever reservoir is one solid hunk of metal. So I'm not sure it needs a protector anyway or what it would even protect. The whole thing other than the top cover is metal.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
smarter/cheaper to make the thing out of metal vice making it out of plastic and then wrapping it in metal.

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
hmm i guess i didnt notice that it was metal. my dealer showed me that same pic in the catalog. he opened up a claim and we will see what he comes up with

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
hmm i guess i didnt notice that it was metal. my dealer showed me that same pic in the catalog. he opened up a claim and we will see what he comes up with
You had me worried I was missing something, but na the thing is one hunk of solid metal. I'm not worried about this one.

My 2014 doo was plastic, which I snapped off on a tree and then bought a guard. my 2022 Boondocker Lynx was plastic with a metal guard.

I don't think this one even needs a guard, should be fine.

Premium Features