• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whistler

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
Headed to Whistler with about 16 guys. Never been. Any advise on riding areas, what to do and what not to do. And most important.....Night life. Not leaving until the 6th of Feb.
Thanks

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
well you got the pemberton ice fields, you can go in from brandywhine or rutherford, and both areas you will have endless riding, you can go for 100's of kms of endless snow, but I would suggest a guide for up there since your above the tree line, its easy to get lost, as well as crevices and avy danger, as well you have brohm ridge, nice area but kinda small.

For nightlife, your in Whistler, you will find it without problems, great party town. If you take a trip to Vancouver, I would suggest going up grouse mountain on a nice clear day, beautiful view of the city. If your staying in Whistler, I would suggest you try out Quattros restaurant, really great food, but not cheap, but nothing is up there.

K

kssnow987

Dec 4, 2007
Arlington, WA
well you got the pemberton ice fields, you can go in from brandywhine or rutherford, and both areas you will have endless riding, you can go for 100's of kms of endless snow, but I would suggest a guide for up there since your above the tree line, its easy to get lost, as well as crevices and avy danger, as well you have brohm ridge, nice area but kinda small.

For nightlife, your in Whistler, you will find it without problems, great party town. If you take a trip to Vancouver, I would suggest going up grouse mountain on a nice clear day, beautiful view of the city. If your staying in Whistler, I would suggest you try out Quattros restaurant, really great food, but not cheap, but nothing is up there.

If we ride up around pemberton, what would be a good elavation to use for sled set-up, in feet

X

x-guy

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 12, 2007
Vancouver, BC
Well, I am not really sure, you might wanna wait for someone who rides up there alot, I only make a half dozen or so trips up there a year, and don't carry a GPS to monitor elevations, but I would guess 5000-8000 feet, it varies alot up there

Climbmax

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2001
Big Mountains of B.C.
From the Rutherford yesterday. 2' on the Cap......we went towards Helisledder and spun around on the main sheet. Notice the chunks in the backround? Super fun with a groomed 10k and then decent trail the remainder.
RS

ice cap jan 08.jpg

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Riding areas from south to north, Brohm Ridge, Tricouni, Brandywine, Sproatt, Rainbow, Rutherford,.....lots more north of there but it is travel time.

If you need a guide for the Pemberton/Bralorne/Goldbridge areas call Ray Mason (RGM) on here. He comes highly recommended.

Pubs and Clubs: Start at the Longhorn at 3:00 after ski traffic, then move to the Dubh Linn Gate Pub for the live "Irish" band, then hit Buffalo Bills before 9:00 PM to avoid the line up. Always lots of stagettes at Buffalo's and there are all ages there. Lots of others depending on what you want: Tommy Africa's if you want young girls and dance music. Savage Beagle or Garfinkles are also both half decent places. Lots of other small pubs as well.

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Rode brandywine on friday, waist deep snow all untouched. Visibility for most of the day was good. No one made it up onto the icecap.

C
Dec 3, 2007
W.L., B.C.
Whistler is still suposed to get snow all weekend and not about 0c, but the forcast for Pemby is for rain in town and +1-+2c. I'm hoping it's still gonna be good in the mountains...

Premium Features