• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley Lake area riding

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Making a first time trip to Seeley Lake area this February. Staying at Rich's ranch s/e of Seeley Lake. Snowbikes and sleds, looking for advise on where to head for good riding. More options on west side of lake/highway? How about east of the lake? Looks like easier to stay on east side and north of Richs ranch?? Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Making a first time trip to Seeley Lake area this February. Staying at Rich's ranch s/e of Seeley Lake. Snowbikes and sleds, looking for advise on where to head for good riding. More options on west side of lake/highway? How about east of the lake? Looks like easier to stay on east side and north of Richs ranch?? Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks
Take Boy Scout road on the left a couple miles out of Seeley on the highway headed North follow a couple miles to the parking area , (west side of the highway). There are signs.
There is some riding from Rich Ranch, talk to Carl Z he is married to an owner. Carl is a very good rider, works some with Brett Rasmussen. Carl will sometimes guide people, he knows the Seeley area as good as anyone. Carl will also know where the best snow is in the area.

D
Dec 16, 2009
Seeley Lake, Mt
Currently we have no snow in town. The riding up high is maybe 2 to 4 feet deep but that is up in the Dinah area. A week ago, we opened some gates on Mount Henry and had issues with brush in the roads. Normally all of the brush is covered by now. Some snow is forecast but it's going to take some good storms to make it good.

D
Dec 16, 2009
Seeley Lake, Mt
Today the SNOTEL shows 61 inches. The group I ride with were in the Dinah area yesterday. They reported it was totally tracked up. They won't be going back up there until we get some snow. A week ago we rode into the same area and there was powder but the base was not what it should have been. I managed to take out my left a arm along with other parts and pieces from a stump that was not visible.

So, in closing there has been a lot of people and not so much snow. This year sucks!!!!

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Today the SNOTEL shows 61 inches. The group I ride with were in the Dinah area yesterday. They reported it was totally tracked up. They won't be going back up there until we get some snow. A week ago we rode into the same area and there was powder but the base was not what it should have been. I managed to take out my left a arm along with other parts and pieces from a stump that was not visible.

So, in closing there has been a lot of people and not so much snow. This year sucks!!!!
If that's the jocko site it is deceiving anyway. West side by reservation where you can't really ride anyway. Been up there when it showed 120 and there was only 3 feet at warming hut. Bounced off a few stumps. Found some good stuff but there wasn't 10 feet.

D
Dec 16, 2009
Seeley Lake, Mt
If that's the jocko site it is deceiving anyway. West side by reservation where you can't really ride anyway. Been up there when it showed 120 and there was only 3 feet at warming hut. Bounced off a few stumps. Found some good stuff but there wasn't 10 feet.
Yes that is the jocko SNOTEL. I was told, Wednesday one of the guys used his probe to check depth above Dinah and it was only 4 feet. Normally this time of year it would be 9 to 10 feet deep. it's a sad year.

RBalazs

Snowest Terminator
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 20, 2020
All you gotta do is watch Caleb Kesterke’s social media and you’ll know the snow conditions. Social media is a double edge sword.🤣

Premium Features