• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

which thermostat ??

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
I have a 2015 RMK 800 and want to change the thermostat. Finding stock is one problem, but more so which stat to use.
The online Parts says 7052433 for my STD model.
Also lists 7052452 for the PRO 800.
Even though it's all the same year, motor, etc, wondering what the difference between the two. Couple dealers are not sure?
Any ideas?

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
You want the 7052452, the other one is for the trail/crossover models. FSM says the RMK one has a bigger (3.5mm vs 2mm) bleed hole. Something to do with the different cooling circuits I'm sure. If you're willing to do a little more work, the Doo remote thermostat upgrade is a significant improvement...

ditch1000

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2008
Fort St. James, B.C.
You want the 7052452, the other one is for the trail/crossover models. FSM says the RMK one has a bigger (3.5mm vs 2mm) bleed hole. Something to do with the different cooling circuits I'm sure. If you're willing to do a little more work, the Doo remote thermostat upgrade is a significant improvement...
X2. Well worth it to upgrade to the Doo remote thermostat!!

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
note, mine is the std RMK and has the extra cooler on the bulk head. So over heating is not a problem. I've seen the doo kit that you guys install on the Pro's but not sure if it will work or improve anything on mine.
It's tough to find a dealer that has one of these stats in stock, not to mention both. It would be nice if I could just drop in and compare both.
Even right now, not over heating, but expect the stat going bad. Takes longer to warm up. also circulates through the bottle even when it cold. guessing it's stuck open or not working properly.

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
Was traveling around this weekend and found the 7052433 at a dealer. This is the stat that is listed for my model. When asking at several dealers about the 452, they all say to install the 433. The only explanation is the different cooling system. Still can't compare the 2 cause can't find the 452.. Obviously not going to hurt installing the 433, since that's the original design.

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
Ok never thought this would get so complicated. Is there a special orientation for the stat to go back in. . Something about the bridge lined up with the holes or so many degrees off? Never thought of marking the old one. I do have an idea of the general direction, but not sure how critical that is.?

M
Jan 8, 2022
Sanford MI
Polaris did a juggling act on the early pro rides w a radiator, the radiator circuit is always open- its the warm up circuit, if you remove the thermostat to much coolant goes thru the exchangers making the radiator ineffective -no good on ice, hard pack or no snow (edge of road-it happens) If you want a thermostat that opens further than the stock Caltric offers one on Amazon about 1/2 price of stock works excellent in good snow but reduces radiator circuit- for the $25 it might be worth a try

F

Flying Dutchman

Dec 14, 2007
Red Deer
thanks for all the comments................thanks to HECKS for the orientation picture.
FWIW, I used the 433 stat that the book calls for. There is a bleed hole but never did find a 452 to compare to. Several dealers I spoke to said the system plumbing is different so stick with the book.
Easy job, took longer to remove all the plastic than to change the thermostat.
Put on 100 kms this past weekend, everything worked like it should.

20230318_150619 (2).jpg

Premium Features