• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Where/How to permanently mount battery tender leads on Gen4 electric start sled?

acgreen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Any info and pictures of mounting connections would be helpful. Want to see what others have done before I do it. Battery cover has 11 ltr. Rear seat bag mounted on battery cover. I Want the leads, from the battery, to be outside of the battery cover so I can attach leads from battery tender to them.

20211014_125254.jpg

Last edited:

acgreen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I've ordered the tender wire to the battery and the unit that mounts to the battery cover. When they arrive, I'll post pictures of the installed unit.

acgreen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Saw picture of "Cole Hersee Battery Terminals" mounted on sides of battery cover.

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Any info and pictures of mounting connections would be helpful. Want to see what others have done before I do it. Battery cover has 11 ltr. Rear seat bag mounted on battery cover. I Want the leads, from the battery, to be outside of the battery cover so I can attach leads from battery tender to them.
Take battery cover off, put the battery tender pigtail on the battery and then have the end come out by the back left seat and put the cover back on.
Did this on the kids gen4 summit. Worked great, when not in use I just tucked it under the seat.

acgreen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I like your idea. A lot easier to do then my idea of a plug attachment on back end of battery cover. Will check it out on my sled

acgreen

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I attached battery tender wire as "Twistgrip"(above) suggested and a lot simpler to do. First picture is connection to battery. Second picture is tender wire coming out of the front of the battery cover. Third picture is tender wire connection end with all the tender wire tucked in space under rear of the seat. Simple and easy to do.

20211107_133423.jpg 20211107_134346.jpg 20211107_140858.jpg

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
I attached battery tender wire as "Twistgrip"(above) suggested and a lot simpler to do. First picture is connection to battery. Second picture is tender wire coming out of the front of the battery cover. Third picture is tender wire connection end with all the tender wire tucked in space under rear of the seat. Simple and easy to do.
Look's good, exactly what I did! Clean and easy.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Didn't they come that way from the factory? I had two of them that looked just like that when i picked them up from the dealer.

Premium Features