• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats the fine points of enclosed trailers ?

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I bought a new 19 foot (14+5) interstate in may 04. I pull two or three mountain sleds (153's +) all the time with 1/2 ton gasser. Couldn't be happier with the purchase. Great trailer!

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
I have a 28' Interstate and have been very happy with it so far. I tow it with an 06 GMC Duramax, it tracks nice and straight and the truck has no problem with it. The snowsport model has the wheel wells inside so it rides a bit lower to the ground. I also went with 5200 pound axles in case I want to use it for something other than sleds in the future, most come with 3500 pound axles. I don't understand the guys saying the fuel doors are a waste, real nice option IMO. Even with the lower ride height the ramps are still steep and need some kind of traction. There was another thread in this section of the forum on what some guys had done to their trailers with some real good ideas. One guy put a peace of rubber over the gap between the rear ramp door and trailer floor. I have replaced my licence plate light 3 times after it was busted cleaning the ice out of the gap, so the door could be closed.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
I'm also looking at twin axle 19-20 foot enclosed aluminum trailers. I can't afford anything in teh $10k range. I priced a Pace and found a pretty good deal on it. Anybody have experience with that? I'm researching other options now.

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
I'm also looking at twin axle 19-20 foot enclosed aluminum trailers. I can't afford anything in teh $10k range. I priced a Pace and found a pretty good deal on it. Anybody have experience with that? I'm researching other options now.

I looked at a Interstate and a pace..........

Not really impressed....

I think the best advise given was that tried and trued

you get what you pay for

I settled on a Trition

Premium Features