• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

whats the best MC, Impluse, or maybe?

onepicknick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Ok I ride a doo and this year going to nytro with a turbo or maybe a supercharger I have a 1150 cutler KC never ride it anymore because of handling Now which is the best which is the least weight.

I am not loyal to any ride I just ride what works for me but IYHO which is the best bang for the buck. I would like to see 300hp or more and reliability is a strong key Want to ride not work on it all winter.

Thought of turbo on the doo but don't like the options there lets hear your opinion.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Here we go again, which is best, ford, chev, dodge? They all have ups and downs about them. People who own which ever turbo kit are of course going to say thiers is the best. If you do your research on here then you'll see each brand having issues at times. My advise would be to get a reliable system or atleast get a brand that has a dealer near by so they can help you out with any issues. I would personally steer clear of a supercharger as they actually steal engine power to run, plus a fuel control box that is very finicky and requires alot of tuning all the time. Sorry if i offended anyone with a SC, just what ive seen and read. Good luck either way. Thanks

G

GRINreeper

Jan 5, 2010
Kelowna B.C.
I would go with Impulse.

I researched, read forums, made phone calls, talked to local guru's etc.... and like menace1 said....you can find the bad in everything. Maybe someone should start one of the poll things just to see what snowest thinks. I would if I knew how.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
I would personally steer clear of a supercharger as they actually steal engine power to run, plus a fuel control box that is very finicky and requires alot of tuning all the time.

Explain please

A

acutah

Nov 27, 2007
Kaysville, UT
I would personally steer clear of a supercharger as they actually steal engine power to run, plus a fuel control box that is very finicky and requires alot of tuning all the time.

Explain please

I would love to hear this explanation as well. Last time I checked my SC kicked butt.

N

NOSZED

Jan 16, 2008
olds,alberta

Explain please

They use horsepower to drive the charger.

T

t_thall

Oct 22, 2008
a supercharger uses around 30% of the power it makes to run itself, a turbo is more like 5% so you can make more power overall with the turbo everthing else equal but a supercharger does have better response, so its kind of just personal preference.

S
Nov 29, 2007
salmon arm
alpine has a used nitro with all the goodies on with very low km not sure the price give them a call 250-804-4334 its blue with polished accents very nice sled

J

j_w10

Mar 8, 2009
boost

Its like thall said its just personal preference. if your going for big power (like 350 hp+) then it would prob be best to go turbo because as it was said with sc it takes power to make power and a turbo just makes way more power on the top end, however if your only going too push 12-15 pounds of boost or lower then you really wont notice a difference aside from the fact that youll have no lag on the bottom with sc. I personally went with an impulse pg system. havnt had a lot of seat time on it yet but i can say it seems too run stronger then the other turbo kits out there at the same boost levels. theres also not alot of lag in the turbo and very easy to get in and out of the boost. The biggest thing for me is the customer service i got with this kit, kevin at submission motor sports who i bought this kit from, and paul from impulse are both stand up guys and wouldnt think twice before dealing with them. always willing to help with prob and always call backto help you no matter what time or day it is. hope this helps.

J

jsandgren10

Jan 17, 2008
Northern California
I would vote for Impulse. One of the best customer service I have seen and even though I haven't seen a race kit run I hear it is one hell of a sled. I run the standard kit and I know on my next sled I will be sticking with impulse.

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
RMount

I've got a rear mount Powder Lites system. I won't say anything bad about something I have no personal experience with. I chose mine because I wanted my extra weight farther back on the sled cause the nose is heavy enough already. I did not want to have to deal with the heat up front either. I have 3400mi on my sled and never missed a day of sledding that I had planned. I have had great service and never had a question go un-answered by Dave or Darren or Goldie or Mitch. IMO there are four systems out there for your Nytro/Apex and they are all very good. Pick the one that fits your wants and the one that is closest to you. If your close to all of them then you are one luck bugger.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
I've got a rear mount Powder Lites system. I won't say anything bad about something I have no personal experience with. I chose mine because I wanted my extra weight farther back on the sled cause the nose is heavy enough already. I did not want to have to deal with the heat up front either. I have 3400mi on my sled and never missed a day of sledding that I had planned. I have had great service and never had a question go un-answered by Dave or Darren or Goldie or Mitch. IMO there are four systems out there for your Nytro/Apex and they are all very good. Pick the one that fits your wants and the one that is closest to you. If your close to all of them then you are one luck bugger.

You forgot about the Simmons Propane kit. Love my kit! Zero problems "ever".

S
Nov 21, 2007
Alberta
Have had great success with all my MCX setups. Install is a huge part of a good system, do a lousy job of the install and it won't matter what kit you have :face-icon-small-sad

T

tranquillicer

Nov 27, 2007
Sask. Canada
Nope

You forgot about the Simmons Propane kit. Love my kit! Zero problems "ever".
Didn't forget about it but it's not a fit for a flatlander when it's time to fuel up in the middle of the day. I'm sure they run well as most of these systems seem to but propane has limitations that some can't live with.

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
i think those simmons propanes are sick. do you have to tune them alot or is it fill and go??

Thanks ya me too, Same as any other kit, once you dial in your a/f mixture with a simple dial, your done. Filling is simple, you can use your 20lb bbq tank if you wanted. Say bye to race fuel.

DooTraxx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Calgary, AB
How does your Powder Lites system work for you. The only ones I have seen riding were not working well at all. Fuelling was way off. Owner said he had tried to get fixed by manufacturer with no luck and was thinking of taking his sled to a competitor's shop to try and get it to work.

J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
If you want the best setup, best components, best customer service..Impulse.
And I own a Boondocker Nytro that rips. They just dont use the "best" components.

Premium Features