• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What's new from KLIM this year?

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
A LOT!!!

For the Mountain rider they have re-designed some of the most popular models and added a couple.

Tomahawk Parka - BRAND NEW!! $339.99

The completely redesigned Tomahawk comes into 2011-2012 full of momentum. An updated ventilation system (we’ve removed the pit zips and integrated vertical intake and exhaust ports for easier operation) and integrated, low-profile cargo options combine with the tested and proven durably waterproof GORE-TEX® Two Layer Performance Shell Technology. A guaranteed dry and comfortable ride is right here. Tomahawk riders are high-activity boondockers that build up a sweat and want a technical, high-contrast look to their gear.

• GUARANTEED TO KEEP YOU DRY®
• GORE-TEX® TWO-LAYER PERFORMANCE SHELL TECHNOLOGY
• AGGRESSIVE PATTERNING
• HIGHLY BREATHABLE
• MAX FLOW VENTILATION: 4 PORTS
• REMOVABLE SHOULDER PADS
• INTERNAL COMFORT LINER
• 2 VERTICAL OUTSIDE CHEST VENTILATION INTAKES
• 2 VERTICAL COVERED BACK VENTILATION EXHAUSTS
• INTEGRATED INTERNAL WRIST GAITERS
• 4 EXTERNAL POCKETS (2 CHEST, 2 HAND)
• 2 INTERNAL POCKETS
• SNOW DUST SKIRT
• FLEECE-LINED COMFORT COLLAR AND BEARD FLAP
• YKK® ZIPPERS THROUGHOUT
• WATER RESISTANT YKK® ZIPPERS IN EXPOSED AREAS
• GLOVE-FRIENDLY ZIPPER PULLS
• HELMET-FRIENDLY ADJUSTABLE COLLAR
• BOTTOM HEM ADJUSTMENT
• DOUBLE STORM FLAP CONSTRUCTION AT FRONT ZIPPER
• INTERNAL POCKET KEY CLIP
• INTERIOR MP3 HEADPHONE PORT AND SECURING LOOPS
• MAX VISIBILITY 3M SCOTCHLITE™ REFLECTIVE TRIM
• ADJUSTABLE VELCRO CUFFS
• KILL SWITCH D-RING
• 500D CORDURA® UNDERLAYS

3371-400.jpg

3371-200.jpg

3371-100.jpg

3371-000.jpg

PowerXross Pullover Brand New!! $279.99

• HIGHLY BREATHABLE
• MAX MOBILITY UNRESTRICTIVE PATTERNING
• CROSS CARGO PASS-THRU FRONT POCKET
• MAX FLOW VENTILATION: 2 PORTS
• WIDE OPEN PIT ZIPS WITH INTERIOR STORM FLAP
• FULL LENGTH LEFT SIDE ZIPPER ENTRY
• DOUBLE HIGH-CONTRAST STITCHING
• 500D CORDURA® OVERLAYS ON SHOULDERS AND ELBOWS
• INTERNAL COMFORT LINER
• DROP DOWN BACK
• YKK ZIPPERS THROUGHOUT
• WATER RESISTANT YKK ZIPPERS IN EXPOSED AREAS
• BOTTOM HEM ADJUSTMENT
• ¼ LENGTH FRONT ZIPPER
"

3572-400.jpg

3572-200.jpg

3572-100.jpg

3572-000.jpg

Storm Parka NEW PRODUCT! $369.99

The Storm Parka brings a new level of functional Boondocking performance to KLIM’s Layering outerwear. With intense ventilation options available from six ports and GORE-TEX® Two Layer Performance Shell Waterproofing technology, the Storm easily keeps high-level riders dry and comfortable all day. Storm riders choose to ventilate often, keeping their core temps under control when riding action heats up as they ride from sun-up to sun-down.

• HIGHLY BREATHABLE
• MAX FLOW VENTILATION: 6 PORTS
• 2 VERTICAL OUTSIDE CHEST VENTILATION INTAKES
• 2 VERTICAL BACK VENTILATION EXHAUSTS
• WIDE OPEN PIT ZIPS WITH INTERIOR STORM FLAP
• DOUBLE STORM FLAP CONSTRUCTION AT FRONT ZIPPER
• HEAVY-DUTY NYLON IN HIGH-WEAR AREAS
• AGGRESSIVE PATTERNING
• HELMET-FRIENDLY ADJUSTABLE COLLAR
• INTERNAL COMFORT LINER
• 4 EXTERIOR POCKETS (2 CHEST, 2 HAND)
• 2 INTERNAL POCKETS
• SNOW DUST SKIRT
• INTERIOR MP3 HEADPHONE PORT AND SECURING LOOPS
• REMOVABLE SHOULDER PADS
• INTERNAL POCKET KEY CLIP
• YKK® ZIPPERS THROUGHOUT
• WATER RESISTANT YKK® ZIPPERS IN EXPOSED AREAS
• KILL SWITCH D-RING
• BOTTOM HEM ADJUSTMENT
• FLEECE-LINED COMFORT COLLAR AND BEARD FLAP

5045-200.jpg

5045-100.jpg

5045-000.jpg

Extreme Bibs Brand New!! $329.99

The Extreme Bib is the perfect choice for boondocking riders looking for the function and secure fit of a bib with the unrestricted comfort of a waist-high pant. The GORE-TEX® Three Layer Performance Shell construction throughout the aggressively patterned main body delivers the 100% waterproof, windproof and highly breathable outerwear performance you expect. The high-back/low front style brings the best of both worlds; blocking snow dust and powder invasion in the back while opening up the front for ultimate freedom.

• GORE-TEX® THREE-LAYER PERFORMANCE SHELL TECHNOLOGY
• KLIM’S EXCLUSIVE SEAT DRY TECH CONSTRUCTION
• AGGRESSIVE PATTERNING
• MID-HIGH BACK BIB PANEL
• MAX FLOW VENTILATION: SIDE ZIPS
• 500D CORDURA® OVERLAYS ON KNEES AND INNER BOOT AREA
• INTERNAL COMFORT LINER
• NON-RESTRICTIVE GUSSETING
• EASY ACCESS LONG LENGTH SIDE ZIPS
• 2 EXTERNAL THIGH POCKETS
• REMOVABLE KNEE/SHIN PADS
• SIDE COMPRESSION WAIST ADJUSTMENT
• WATER RESISTANT YKK® ZIPPERS
• INTEGRATED POWDER HATER BOOT GAITER DESIGN
• NON-SLIP ADJUSTABLE SUSPENDERS
• KILL SWITCH D-RING

3375-000-B.jpg

3375-000.jpg

Freeride Pant BRAND NEW!! $329.99

"The original Free Ride pant defines the no-boundaries segment of backcountry shredding. Brand new for 2011-2012, the Free Ride Pant brings GORE-TEX®’s Three Layer Performance Shell technology; heavy Cordura® overlay panels, aggressive articulated patterning and the highest-quality on-the-sled riding gear details, features and technology. The Free Ride provides maximum mobility, supreme weather and abrasion toughness, and a simple, clean style.

• GORE-TEX® THREE-LAYER PERFORMANCE SHELL TECHNOLOGY
• KLIM’S EXCLUSIVE SEAT DRY TECH CONSTRUCTION
• AGGRESSIVE PATTERNING
• HIGH-BACK WAIST WITH FORWARD ARTICULATION
• MAX FLOW VENTILATION: SIDE ZIPS
• 500D CORDURA® OVERLAYS ON KNEES AND INNER BOOT AREA
• INTERNAL COMFORT LINER
• NON-RESTRICTIVE GUSSETING
• FULL LENGTH WRAP-AROUND SIDE LEG ZIPS
• 2 EXTERNAL THIGH POCKETS
• REMOVABLE ANATOMICALLY SHAPED KNEE/SHIN PADS
• HIGH-CONTRAST DOUBLE STITCHING
• SIDE COMPRESSION WAIST ADJUSTMENT
• WATER RESISTANT YKK ZIPPERS
• INTEGRATED POWDER HATER BOOT GAITER DESIGN
• COMPATIBLE WITH KLIM SUSPENDERS (SOLD SEPARATELY)
• KILL SWITCH D-RING
"

3573-000.jpg

3573-000-B.jpg

Other New Product for this year:

Vector Parka and Pant

4047-400-B.jpg

4047-400.jpg

4048-000.jpg

Kinetic Parka and Pant

4092-100-B.jpg

4092-100.jpg

4093-000.jpg

New for the ladies:

Alpine Parka and Bib

4088-790.jpg

4089-000.jpg

Aspen Jacket

4082-270.jpg

More info is available on our website, product will be arriving mid to late August so please feel free to contact us if you need help selecting gear.

http://www.sledsolutions.com/store/index.php?cPath=164_192

Thanks for looking,

Paul

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I really like the Powercross and Storm parka and the vector pant. I like the 6 vents on the storm parka. Man I run hot and I usually have the pit zips wide open except when the scratchers are down.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
hmmm was hoping to see some new colors for the valdez jacket...really want some orange/black on it kinda like the new vector jacket!

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Nice

with the high collar the new line looks alot like the HMK gear

Action-Jacket-LARGE.gif

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I really like the Powercross and Storm parka and the vector pant. I like the 6 vents on the storm parka. Man I run hot and I usually have the pit zips wide open except when the scratchers are down.

I love the new vent locations too!

Good stuff. I really like the Kinetic jacket.

Any new colors for the helmets?

No new colors in the helmets....sorry.

hmmm was hoping to see some new colors for the valdez jacket...really want some orange/black on it kinda like the new vector jacket!

I think you'll see more colors and aggressive styling in the years to come from Klim, including the Valdez.

freak485

Lifetime Membership
Feb 4, 2011
Billings, MT
Paul do you have these in stock now?? or like after the haydays....

i was wondering the same thing would like to get my stuff bought in case i have to switch sizes!

Also, am looking at the Tomahawk, STORM, and Valdez parkas i ride mostly in Montana all mountain riding. What do you guys think? anyone have any exp with both the Tomahawk and the Valdez? Am still leaning to the valdez with the 3 layer tech and comfort mapping, ive never had a problem with the pit vents and one behind so not seeing the need for even more vents.

Any other thoughts

Thanks

Feak

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
Paul do you have these in stock now?? or like after the haydays....

We will have this stuff in stock the end of this month. Shipment has not come in to Klim yet.

i was wondering the same thing would like to get my stuff bought in case i have to switch sizes!

Also, am looking at the Tomahawk, STORM, and Valdez parkas i ride mostly in Montana all mountain riding. What do you guys think? anyone have any exp with both the Tomahawk and the Valdez? Am still leaning to the valdez with the 3 layer tech and comfort mapping, ive never had a problem with the pit vents and one behind so not seeing the need for even more vents.

Any other thoughts

Thanks

Feak

No question the Valdez is a great jacket, it's Klim's flag ship piece. The Tomahawk is very popular and I have friends that ride in them and they love it. Storm is going to be a great Boondocking jacket and may not live up to the Valdez. Different price points so if you can swing the Valdez go with it. Being new this year I don't have a lot to say about the storm yet.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have the Valdez. Really like it. I only got damp a couple times and it was hard to tell if it came down the neck, was sweat or it actually seaped in. Also I wear a pack and pack straps really put pressure on the water and can force it through a coat. I ride in Washington and we have some wet heavy snow that is a true test of any jackets water proof ability and vapor permeability. Love all the pockets, the comfort mapping technology and general toughness of the Valdez jacket. I'm buying another Klim jacket this year but I'm going to go for something a little lighter for the days that aren't so cold.

colorado_matt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
COLORADO

Any other thoughts

Thanks

Feak

I have been using the Tomahawk for the past 3 seasons. I absolutely love it and would highly recommend it to any active rider. It is a very nonrestrictive jacket with good venting and a good amount of storage. I wear a tekvest under and usually just a t-shirt. When the temperature is -10 or colder, I will wear a fleece. The material is very durable and has held up very well to tree abuse and day after day after day riding. I have never tried the valdez, so I can't make a comparison. Probably can't go wrong with either one.

Sled Solutions

SnoWest Forums Sponsor
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Traverse City, MI
www.sledsolutions.com
I have the Valdez. Really like it. I only got damp a couple times and it was hard to tell if it came down the neck, was sweat or it actually seaped in. Also I wear a pack and pack straps really put pressure on the water and can force it through a coat. I ride in Washington and we have some wet heavy snow that is a true test of any jackets water proof ability and vapor permeability. Love all the pockets, the comfort mapping technology and general toughness of the Valdez jacket. I'm buying another Klim jacket this year but I'm going to go for something a little lighter for the days that aren't so cold.

As Matt said, the Tomahawk is an awesome warmer weather jacket. Also look at the Storm and Impulse parkas.

Premium Features