• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM adding HEATED BASELAYERS...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Just saw this on the KLIM website this morning...
First electric gloves, now electric base layer
Wonder if there is Electric Boots coming??

AGGRESSOR SHIRT EFIRE

The Aggressor eFire shirt adds powered heat elements to the most versatile and comfortable layering system available. Designed specifically for KLIM mid-layers and outerwear, the Aggressor eFire heated base layer traps body heat to ensure consistent warmth for a cold day on the snow. KLIM’s eFire heated technology features two vertical panels on the chest and one vertical panel on the upper back. The heating element includes three heat modes – low, medium and high – with long-lasting heating filaments powered by a USB-C charged battery with a hidden zipper battery pocket.

WARNING: Do not use this product in locations that can be submerged by water.
WARNING: Avoid using this product during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lighting.
WARNING: Electronic devices, including heated gloves, eFire base-layers and vests, can cause interference with avalanche transceivers and diminish your ability to conduct a search or be located. To minimize interference, keep a minimum distance between your electronic devices and your avalanche transceiver as follows: in search mode, 20 inches (50cm) and in transmit mode, 8 inches (20cm). Reference the owner’s manual for your avalanche transceiver for additional information

SHELL/CONSTRUCTION​

• Gridded fabric design traps heat
  • Flat low-profile seams for excellent minimum-bulk layering
  • Engineered specifically for power sports
  • Poly-spandex blend
  • Anti-microbial
  • Moisture-wicking
  • Highly breathable
  • Fast-drying
  • Lighter thinner gussets in underarms reduce bulk and increase breathability/mobility
  • Designed specifically for use with KLIM mid-layers and outerwear
  • Convertible cuff construction easily used as thumbhole or regular cuff

HEAT SYSTEM

• Heat panels on chest & back (2 upper chest (1 on each side) and 1 vertical on the mid-upper back)
  • Lighted touch button control on upper right chest (out of the way of backpacks straps, easy to access)
  • Internal wire routing for comfort
  • 3 Heat modes: high/medium/low (and off)
  • Up to 8 hours on low heat (green light)
  • Up to 3.5 hours on medium heat (blue light)
  • Up to 2.5 hours on high heat (red light)
  • Red-blue-green heat level lighting code
  • USB-C battery with LED battery life indicator
  • USB-C cable included
  • Washer & dryer safe (with battery removed)
  • Dedicated battery pocket
  • Replacement batteries available

AGGRESSOR SHIRT EFIRE​

$199.99

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
This would be awesome. This way you are covered without over dressing. Had this conversation with irina adams before. She thinks that i am over dressing and that is one of the reasons i have more trouble with fogging goggles. She could be right but I'm on the better to have and not need than need and not have program. I usually wear under armor 4.0 or klim 3.0 underlayer and klim midlayer also. She about had a freak out when i told her that.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
This would be awesome. This way you are covered without over dressing. Had this conversation with irina adams before. She thinks that i am over dressing and that is one of the reasons i have more trouble with fogging goggles. She could be right but I'm on the better to have and not need than need and not have program. I usually wear under armor 4.0 or klim 3.0 underlayer and klim midlayer also. She about had a freak out when i told her that.
As do I.
I just find for the majority of my riding Base 3 + Inferno seems to work nicely with an uninsulated mono suit.
Its SO EASY to open the vents on the suit to let in cold air and bleed out hot air.
But its a MAJOR PITA to strip off the gear to add another layer after the fact.

Surprises me KLIM chose to go with heated BASE layer rather than heated MID-LAYER.
Would love to know WHY they went that route?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Seems like you get more bang for your buck on a base layer. Easier to heat you up and trap it with mid layer or mono suit than do the reverse of that.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Seems like you get more bang for your buck on a base layer. Easier to heat you up and trap it with mid layer or mono suit than do the reverse of that.
and it may just be that simple.
Closer to skin, more BTU actually making contact with you than with the outer layer.
Just that most electric garments are MID layer or OUTER layer.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I wear a base layer, uninsulated monosuit, and sweat my butt off! So I'm not really in the market for heated gear, but that last warning would make it tough sell for me:

"WARNING: Electronic devices, including heated gloves, eFire base-layers and vests, can cause interference with avalanche transceivers and diminish your ability to conduct a search or be located. To minimize interference, keep a minimum distance between your electronic devices and your avalanche transceiver as follows: in search mode, 20 inches (50cm) and in transmit mode, 8 inches (20cm). Reference the owner’s manual for your avalanche transceiver for additional information"

I guess if you only turned it on for the trail ride in/out then maybe, but how many people have forgot to turn a beacon on?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I wear a base layer, uninsulated monosuit, and sweat my butt off! So I'm not really in the market for heated gear, but that last warning would make it tough sell for me:

"WARNING: Electronic devices, including heated gloves, eFire base-layers and vests, can cause interference with avalanche transceivers and diminish your ability to conduct a search or be located. To minimize interference, keep a minimum distance between your electronic devices and your avalanche transceiver as follows: in search mode, 20 inches (50cm) and in transmit mode, 8 inches (20cm). Reference the owner’s manual for your avalanche transceiver for additional information"

I guess if you only turned it on for the trail ride in/out then maybe, but how many people have forgot to turn a beacon on?
100% VALID POINT.
Will be interesting to hear how KLIM deals with that obvious issue as this rolls out into public use.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT

I guess now I have check out my gloves. That is a deal breaker for me also.
I have not only forgot to turn it on but even forgot to take it once. Got back and thought i lost it until i realized i never took it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I guess now I have check out my gloves. That is a deal breaker for me also.
I have not only forgot to turn it on but even forgot to take it once. Got back and thought i lost it until i realized i never took it.
you could just turn the gloves OFF when the beacon comes out to do a search pattern.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Ive been using the klim heated gloves ever since they came out. Amazing on the really cold days. Bought the heated klim vest a few weeks ago. In the morning when it’s really cold it’s nice to turn on the vest for the trail ride in and not have to over layer. Turn the vest off when riding as I get super hot and sweaty. Turn on when stop for lunch if it’s real cold out and for the trail ride home if needed.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
How can i dig someone out with cold hands?
As for klim, they offer 4 different powered gloves.
each with a different level of Thinsulate insulation.
From 0 Grams to 400+ Grams if I recall.
You would only be cold if you had chosen the ZERO gram insulated glove for the day.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Bought the heated klim vest a few weeks ago.
Dang
Didn't even see that!

OVERRIDE VEST EFIRE​

0.0 star ratingWrite a review
$229.99

• 3423-000_Black_01.jpeg

OVERRIDE VEST EFIRE​

Take the ever-popular insulated Override Jacket and remove the sleeves, add in our new eFire system and you get a heated mid-layer vest that’ll add warmth to any shell. With the addition of heated technology for colder days, the Override Vest eFire features two vertical heat panels on the upper chest and one horizontal panel on the upper back for added warmth. The heating element includes three heat modes – low, medium and high – with long-lasting heating filaments powered by a USB-C charged battery inside the vest’s dedicated battery pouch pocket.

WARNING: Do not use this product in locations that can be submerged by water.
WARNING: Avoid using this product during an electrical storm. There may be a remote risk of electric shock from lighting.
WARNING: Electronic devices, including heated gloves, eFire base-layers and vests, can cause interference with avalanche transceivers and diminish your ability to conduct a search or be located. To minimize interference, keep a minimum distance between your electronic devices and your avalanche transceiver as follows: in search mode, 20 inches (50cm) and in transmit mode, 8 inches (20cm). Reference the owner’s manual for your avalanche transceiver for additional information

HEAT SYSTEM​

• Heat panels on chest & back (2 upper chest (1 on each side) and 1 horizontal on the mid-upper back)
  • Lighted touch button control on upper right chest (out of the way of backpacks straps, easy to access)
  • 3 Heat modes: high/medium/low (and off)
  • Up to 8 hours on low heat (green light)
  • Up to 3.5 hours on medium heat (blue light)
  • Up to 2.5 hours on high heat (red light)
  • Red-blue-green heat level lighting code
  • USB-C battery with LED battery life indicator
  • USB-C cable included
  • Washer & dryer safe (with battery removed)
  • Dedicated battery pocket
  • Replacement batteries available

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
As for klim, they offer 4 different powered gloves.
each with a different level of Thinsulate insulation.
From 0 Grams to 400+ Grams if I recall.
You would only be cold if you had chosen the ZERO gram insulated glove for the day.
Seems like i have those and the yukon i believe is what they were called

Premium Features