• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Whats easier to pull sledeck and 2place or 4place enclosed

ndmtnsledder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
ND
Ultra what type of 2place enclosed are you pulling that allows you to still use a deck. Most that i've seen the hitch is so short you can't.

vdo1948

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eastern South Dakota
Ultra what type of 2place enclosed are you pulling that allows you to still use a deck. Most that i've seen the hitch is so short you can't.

I've got a late 90s Triton Elite with a Top Cap fiberglass enclosure. The tongue on that trailer is extra long so no jack knifing to unload. Though I don't do decks, I can guarantee you that my trailer would never get close to a deck, no matter how far it hung out. Don't know if Triton still does the long tongue but I would check them out.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana

I bought a FLOE. Very nice trailer. Very light trailer and the tongue is long enough to allow a 90 degree jack knife with a dually. Floe makes a 12', 14', 16', 20', 28' and a 32'. I am using the 12'. I would definitely buy one again. I think the 12' enclosed is about 1100 lbs.
With 2 sleds on the truck, a 28' and four sleds I believe would be manageable. I think the 28' enclosed is around 2000 lbs.
I am convinced 2 on the truck is the way to go if you have to haul 4 sleds. If I just need two sleds I will use a 1/2T and the Floe which also works good.
Some of these trailers with steel frames are up to 4500lbs empty. That's fine on dry roads but scary on ice.

Premium Features