• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What oil do you prefer for your 2-stroke?

Which brand of 2 stoke oil do you run?

• KLOTZ

Votes: 98 9.8%
  • AMSOIL

Votes: 300 30.2%
  • Redline

Votes: 91 9.1%
  • Blue Marble

Votes: 101 10.2%
  • Manufacturer brand

Votes: 262 26.3%
  • cheap generic/general brand

Votes: 143 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Rating
1.00 star(s)
P
Nov 8, 2009
yup

citgo sea and snow or polaris ves gold, these oils because the people I ride with use it and I always steel their oils :D I am a leech

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Given that there's 44 posts in this thread and pretty much every one is citing a different brand and all claim to be great.....I guess you can run whatever the hell you want!

PhantomCat

Phantom Goblin
Lifetime Membership
Mar 8, 2008
NW Montana
Blue marble in both sleds. Used Arctic APV oil cause the dealer said it was the best stuff....WELL that was not true. Switched to Blue marble and the APV valves have way less build up on them, and both sleds have 3900 miles on them. They are both stock.

I think it is like anything else...If you keep up on your maintenance..whatever you run will be fine. :beer;

R
Nov 9, 2008
SE IDAHO
Yamalube 2s injector oil. Got used to runnin' yamalube in my 87 YZ 125 and liked it. However I must say whenever I ran some blue marble or a full synthetic oil in that bike it would SCREAM!! I wanna try some blue marble in my sled sometime, but I'm not gonna spend $30+ a gallon nor do I want to mix oils. But as this thread goes, it seems like any oil goes. I'd like to know more about the citgo sea&snow, I heard somewhere that yamalube is manufactured by citgo. Could be same oil in different jug. Any one?

S
Nov 27, 2007
Longmont,CO
lube

I've tried many and I like Blue Marble the best....7500 miles on my M7 original topend, seems to run crisper and cleaner.....bty rmkrazi, i used yamalube for many years in my old mountain max and although it was adequate, BM is much cleaner burning and hence crisper running....and yes they all work, once I mixed 10-40w in my YZ and it ran fine.

R
Dec 5, 2007
www.snowandmud.com
When I had my 2 stroke I ran Amsoil Interceptor

ait_2cycle_medium.jpg

Right from new, and when I took it in at 5500+km to make it an 827 they were amazed the shape of the engine. Most of my buddies swear by it as well and the price is right.

XFIRE800

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2009
Aberdeen, SD
What sense does it make to spend 10k on a new sled, $200 a pound to lose weight, spends thousands on trips a year, and then spend $10 a gallon on walmart oil? Maybe it is just as good, but i would rather not take the chance. Its not exactly the place to cut corners.

U
Nov 26, 2007
NW Montana
What the H**L is it with this GD amsoil? Is this crap really that good? Any body got some like official test results they want to post or some sort of independant test results or something?
Got 2 gallons of it in my garage that I got with a used sled purchase, was going to use it up in my weed eater's and lawn mower.

Premium Features