• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Wet Weights of Yami Mod Sleds

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
Weighed my sled at the end of last season full of fuel stock tank 625. Here is the list of mods

08 Yamaha Nytro 40th with Reverse
MCXpress Turbo
Boost and AF Guage
Sno Bunjie Lefty
PowerMadd Cargo Caddy
Skid Plate
ice scratchers
Timbersled Mt Tamer suspension (no bogie wheels)
Fox Floats

No Sway
No Foam
No Foot Well Bars, foot pegs (don't know the name)
No Snow Flap
No Tools
No E Brake
No Kill Switch

ChrissTtroWeighIn017-625.jpg

PIC_0019.jpg

Stuff I changed over the summer

TImbersled tunnel (all stock cooling)
IceAge Rails
MMP 8 inch wheels, 5 1/2 wheels & 2 wheel axle
Skinz Seat Cover
Muffinworks risers
BR TEch hood
Lightweight battery
Walmart 55W headlight
some powerdercoating
-delete headlight and plastic frame that holds the headlight
-trimmed stock windshield

Battery - 10lbs
Hood - 1lb (Hood & the compute gauge plastic thing)
Tunnel - TImbersled claims 10lbs. I'll estimate 5lbs because of all the powdercoating
Headlight 1lb

My goal is under 600lbs. I have barkbusters in the garage but have not installed them yet. My guess is just under 610.

Here is what she looks like

DSC00226.jpg

I'm gonna run to the gas station right now and filler up

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
I was hoping my nytro the black and blue one at the top of this post, would come in under 600lbs but what can you do, only thing left is a battery and a seat but is it really worth it, she looks good anyway, still just a little full figured. let it snow...........

Seat = NO
Battery cheap 10lbs and you are where you need to be.

S
Nov 29, 2007
North Idaho
going from a 153 mav to a camo x is gaining around 10lbs or so, I dont buy the twenty pound on my tunnel the apex i would agree with that number. According to the manufac. numbers of pounds lost I should be lighter. 20lbs tunnel, 30lbs on rear,front 9lbs w out floats, rear tunnel dump exhaust 7lbs, radiator elimination 5lbs, . I have billet wheels antstab kit,ice scratchers so plus a few there but, thats a loss of 71lbs, from stock, dry that should be 482lbs dry plus 45lbs of fuel 15lbs for oil coolent give or take, any my prospected wet weight should be around 545lbs, so were is the extra weight my turbo doesnt weigh 60 lbs. The apex has a lot of big number items lost just from the turbo install, seat and exhaust, but to be within 30lbs of my nytro just doesnt sound right the apex started 45lbs heavier stock. The main reason for going with the nytro is the weight differance, the apex makes more power easier, hign sight being 2020 I probley should have gone with the apex. Im not wining here just a little dissapointed with the number for the amount of money spent.......

D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
sled.. how did you adhere the screen material to the panels?? Nice lookin sled.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
the stock MCX muffler weighs 5lbs.

The radiator holds less fluids than the rear U-Cooler. You are just moving weight from the front to the back. Maybe adding liquid weight

NO Way your tunnel is 20lbs lighter and powdercoating ads weight.

Mine just came in at 601lbs.

Fluid levels will vary slightly from sled to sled. It's gonna take a few rides to get the spit out any extra fluids.

i am very surprised on how close they are using Rotax's calculation. My last sled was an MCX Apex and i can tell you the Nytro does feel much lighter. I know everybodys says that but it's true

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
OK Official weight

600lbs

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

Battery -10lbs
Tunnel - 10lbs
Hood, Headlight and others -5lbs

25 lbs weight reduction over the summer. I'm happy with it. I have tobe... i'm broke

I could save an easy 5 lbs by removing the stock MCX Muffler but I REFUSE increase the noise level for weight savings. I guess i could go with a bike slip on and save 2 more lbs.

Last edited:
D

dcturbo

Mar 2, 2008
WYO
600lbs Thats great!! don't you still have to install the barkbusters?? You will be the first under 600 that I have seen..DC

B
Jun 12, 2008
BONNERS FERRY ID
Just installed a timbersled front suspension on the the apex (pictured above) lost another 12 pounds. next i'm installing a crracing hood and eliminating the headlight assembly. won't lose much weight there, maybe 4-6 pounds. which should put it down to 623 pounds wet.

S
Nov 26, 2007
FU
Just installed a timbersled front suspension on the the apex (pictured above) lost another 12 pounds. next i'm installing a crracing hood and eliminating the headlight assembly. won't lose much weight there, maybe 4-6 pounds. which should put it down to 623 pounds wet.

are you running the stock battery?

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
OK Official weight

600lbs

Battery -10lbs
Tunnel - 10lbs
Hood, Headlight and others -5lbs

25 lbs weight reduction over the summer. I'm happy with it. I have tobe... i'm broke

I could save an easy 5 lbs by removing the stock MCX Muffler but I REFUSE increase the noise level for weight savings. I guess i could go with a bike slip on and save 2 more lbs.

Dont forget the weight savings of the now......lighter wallet. :) JK great build.

C

carbondaddy

Nov 26, 2007
Revy
When I finished this project it was 465 with everything but gas. After adding a few things over last winter and this summer, I just reweighed it and I'm at 478 lbs without gas. This is with coolant and oil tooped up, and the gas drained out as best as I could. It will still run though. Also, this is with a good bathroom scale with the sled propped up so it remains level as I reposition the scale. Definitely not as accurate as your fancy scales, but close enough. I weighed it without gas because it will hold 13.5 U.S. gallons of gas. With the tank full it would be around 565 lbs. With 7 gallons it would be around 523 lbs. I can lose another 15+ with a brake rotor, LW shafts, CF rails etc.
DSC01376.jpg

Premium Features