• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Went with the 154 Mountain Max

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Lightest helmet I found by buying several and weighing them is the FXR helium 2020 Race Division.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
my fav helemt is the alpha carbon by motorfist. but looks like its not made anymore. prob was lightest on the market

T
May 16, 2019
The Tobe monos are awesome!!! Just got one this past yr and it’s high quality gear. I never had a monosuit before so I thought it would be bulky and uncomfortable and awkward/weird. Nope, it’s just awesome.

Also liking the CKX Titan helmet with the flip down front. I don’t have one but one of my group does and he loves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
Congratulations on the yammicat
I'd of got one if it were twin rail and non electric start
I'd buy whatever your dealer sells so he can warranty it when it rips seams or breaks zippers
I have had all brands and am wet regardless. I'm am the least wet in klim but also always buy it on clearance and none of it matches due to my zero give a sh!t! When I change sleds I don't have to re co ordinate color matching bullsh.
I choose two piece suits instead of the tone onesies or any brand onesie for the simple reason, when you rip a onesie the whole thing is garbage. When you break a pair of pants or a jacket you just have to deal with half. I can find an extra jacket or pant to wear in a pinch. Hard justifying a extra entire 700 dollar onesie
Have the motorfist carbon helmet and it's nice if you have the motorfist goggle in it. They fit perfect but the goggle is crap. The two different 509 goggles I have either are too small and let cold hit your face or too big and don't fit the opening

Last edited:

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
When you're looking at helmets make sure you're putting safety features up there with weight. I would suggest looking for something that has MIPS or other rotational energy absorbing system in it. I also look for emergency release cheek pads. 509, Klim, and FXR (rebranded 6D) all have high end models that offer this. Not sure what other snowmobile specific helmets do. Might have to venture into the motocross world if you want more choices as there are plenty there. 6D has a nearly 30% discount going right now. An Alpinestars M10 may be my new helmet when I'm ready for it: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/riding-gear/alpinestars-supertech-m10-dyno-mips-helmet-p?c=7713 Other colors available and a cheaper (heavier) M8 version.

TLD offers Yamaha branded units if you want to go for a full matching setup: https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/riding-gear/troy-lee-se4-yamaha-mips-helmet-p?c=387
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/riding-gear/troy-lee-se4-yamaha-composite-mips-helmet-p?c=13

Premium Features